Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Carry holster

bomadera

I have switched all of my carry holsters to Raven Concealment. I carry my duty gun in one everyday and my off duty gun in one also. Tight to the body and very easy to conceal. They provide a generous Discount to Mil and LEO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not one but TWO boxes full of holsters..I carry a walther PPS in a appendix comp-tac holster in hot summer, and a full size 1911 most of the time. The only holster I tried that I continue to use every day is an old galco IWB, a copycat of the ayoob rear guard, unfortunately discontinued. It makes my government disappear under a light t shirt.

+1 for the comp tac c-tac but you'll have to fiddle a lot with the plastic belt loops, and..NOT ORDER THE C-LOOPS, most of the time they slips..

What works for one person, may not work for you. I have tried a lot of IWB holsters that others said they love. After ordering one and wearing it, I thought to myself...HOW COULD THEY LOVE THIS UNCOMFORTABLE THING!!!.My point is, it's all personal preference. Bye one, try it, then it either goes on gunbroker or you're using it regularly. Just remember carrying a gun is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable.

I carry my G20 in a crossbreed supertuck deluxe like its nothing! The clips on that holster are very strong. I also carry my G23 in an IWB sidearmor. I love both of these holsters and find them both to have great quality.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

I have had several Crossbreeds and they are ok...The kydex can be a little uncomfortable at times depending on what you are doing.

I recently got a new holster for my full size 1911 from Adam's Holsters. This thing is amazing...Very comfortable and it makes the 5" gun disappear. Luke is a super nice guy and makes a great product.

Here is a pic of mine...

justin-s-texas.jpg

I have tried and liked a wide variety of holsters. I personally settled on the Bladetech Nano. Very slim and easy to take on and off. The Milt Sparks VM2 was great for leather IWB and the Kramer was great for a leather OWB. In all cases I have preferred kydex or hybrid for it's much smoother draw and rigidity. Comptac MTAC, Crossbreed Supertuck, Raven Phantom, etc.

I have a CBST and VMII. I like both, but for me the CBST works better and is more comfortable. Can't go wrong with either, but the VMII is a 6-7 month wait and and quite expensive. It is a REALLY nice holster though, well worth the wait. Also, Crossbreed's customer service is simply awesome.

That said, TT Gunleather, Adams, 5-Shot, Nossar, etc. etc. etc. all make fine holsters.

Edited by polizei1

I think kydex is king for inside-waist-band (IWB) carry. Whether leather or kydex, I still have to wear an undershirt to be comfortable, which sucks in the southern summer. I've tried the Comptac stuff (G30 and XDM compact - good), the FIST (G30 - didn't love it, too much tweaking needed), Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 (5" 1911 - very nice, very thick), and Bladetech's Razor (XDM compact - personal favorite).

I like the Bladetech Razor series for IWB. It's thinner kydex that you usually find, the thinness feels better to me. The attachment points are solid and work well with jeans, cargos, and slacks. I've used thick Milt Sparks belts, cheapy dept store belts, and Wilderness belts. As long as it's 1.5" the Bladetech product feels good and secure. This holster isn't 'tuckable', meaning you can't tuck your shirt in easily and stay concealed. Bladetech has a tuckable version, called Ultimate Concealment if that's your style.

Don't think you can really go wrong with any of the suggestions I read in the thread, but I would urge you to go kydex over leather for IWB.

For regular belt carry, I carry a Milt Sparks BN55 with the FBI cant. Have one for a 5" 1911 and a G30. One on order for my XDM compact as well. Solid leather product.

No experience with ankle carry or over the shoulder.

Last thought, carry a backup magazine if you're serious about CCDW. I don't think the primary reason for a backup mag is extra ammo though, I carry one so that I can deal with a feed malfunction should one occur.