Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Famous People Shoot USPSA?

Not talking about famous shooters per say. I'm wondering if anybody famous in other ways shoots USPSA. Actors, politicians, athletes, etc.

Anybody know of any?

Seems like I heard/saw/read somewhere that Lou Ferigno was a shooter of some sort.

I'm guessing grip pressure would not be an issue.

As a matter of fact I wonder if he could even hold a gun based on his hand size.

Seems like I heard/saw/read somewhere that Lou Ferigno was a shooter of some sort.

I'm guessing grip pressure would not be an

As a matter of fact I wonder if he could even hold a gun based on his hand size.

Is a 500S&W legal for ICORE?

Pres. Aquino of Philippines do shoot IPSC, i think he shoots Glock. Manny "Pacman" Pacquaio shoots too, southpaw?? Lol. There's quite a few celebrities in the Philippines who shoots IPSC.

Mark Wills (famous country singer) consistantly shoots the Bianchi Cup.

Several female celebs like Barbara Mandrel and her familty shoot Skeet/Trap and hold a few charity matches.

Edited by hankfan79

Those of us old enough to remember Miami Vice, should recall Jim Zubiana in one episode. (I'm sure I mangled the spelling, and I apologize)

From what I recall, Jim was a regular in the Southwest Pistol League, and an actor also. His wife, Linda, was also an actress, and shooter.

I seem to remember reading about Jamison Parker of Simon & Simon firing the ceremonial first-shot at one of the big IPSC matches way back when. He was said to be into guns and shooting more than his co-star, Gerald McRaney

(Butch, any memories of that?)

I seem to remember reading about Jamison Parker of Simon & Simon firing the ceremonial first-shot at one of the big IPSC matches way back when. He was said to be into guns and shooting more than his co-star, Gerald McRaney

Jamison Parker was shot by a drunk neighbor and then learned how to shoot. A story featuring him and his wife was on one of the "Defensive" type shows on the outdoor channel. Gerald McRaney hosted several of these shows including that episode. Don't know if either shoots competitively.

The actor Michael Rooker , IMDB Link, has shot a few matches. IIRC, he is a friend of Taran Butler.

This is the one I thought of. According to facebook it's tough to take a picture of Taran Butler at his range without Michael Rooker appearing somewhere in the background. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those of us old enough to remember Miami Vice, should recall Jim Zubiana in one episode. (I'm sure I mangled the spelling, and I apologize)

From what I recall, Jim was a regular in the Southwest Pistol League, and an actor also. His wife, Linda, was also an actress, and shooter.

both are in one of the videos Outerlimits posted in the gallery "hell, I was there" section of an old steel challenge.

Edited by Powder Finger

both are in one of the videos Outerlimits posted in the gallery of an old steel challenge.

Search for Jim Zubiena on YouTube...

both are in one of the videos Outerlimits posted in the gallery of an old steel challenge.

Search for Jim Zubiena on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMFM8SeW51E&feature=related