Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

I registered. One dumb question where is the match being held as I need to know where to get my tickets booked for and hotel reservations. I could not find the information on the site other than to send my check to Austin.

Thanks.

EDIT

Nevermind I found the range. I can't get the stages or rules PDF to open. I am hoping to have at least 3 of us Alaskans down there.

pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind I found the range. I can't get the stages or rules PDF to open. I am hoping to have at least 3 of us Alaskans down there.

pat

The website is under development. Regardless, those are the 2011 rules and stages. The 2012 rules and stages are also under development but the current rules are attached to post #162.

Probably better connections to the Austin airport but Killeen is also an option.

Lee

pat

The website is under development. Regardless, those are the 2011 rules and stages. The 2012 rules and stages are also under development but the current rules are attached to post #162.

Probably better connections to the Austin airport but Killeen is also an option.

Lee

How far is it from Houston because I can get a direct flight to Houston from Anchorage which means less chance for my guns to get stolen or lost.

Pat

pat

Lee

How far is it from Houston because I can get a direct flight to Houston from Anchorage which means less chance for my guns to get stolen or lost.

Pat

About a 190 Miles Houston to Libery Hills

pat

Lee

Pat

About a 190 Miles Houston to Libery Hills

Cool thanks its either drive for 3 hours or do a layover on the way to Austin for 5 or 6 hours.

Pat

The drive from Dallas DFW airport is interstate hwy most of the way and is only about 10 miles farther than from IAH. Of course, the drive from IAH passes through Brenham (Blue Bell ice cream and Ammo to Go) so that is a plus. :cheers:

Lee

I'd recommend doing the DFW stop and then going through Killeen TX. It's about one hour flight time. And no traffic issues going from the Ft Hood area down to the range. Not sure if you plan to rent a car/hotel room or will be staying with friends. We've got plenty in the area (Ft Hood, Killeen, Copperas Cove) attending the match, you could probably catch rides/car pool if your staying up here.

Are you planning to ship your guns and ammo ahead of time? Or you going to break your back lugging the stuff around? :bow:

The drive from Dallas DFW airport is interstate hwy most of the way and is only about 10 miles farther than from IAH. Of course, the drive from IAH passes through Brenham (Blue Bell ice cream and Ammo to Go) so that is a plus. :cheers:

Lee

I'd recommend doing the DFW stop and then going through Killeen TX. It's about one hour flight time. And no traffic issues going from the Ft Hood area down to the range. Not sure if you plan to rent a car/hotel room or will be staying with friends. We've got plenty in the area (Ft Hood, Killeen, Copperas Cove) attending the match, you could probably catch rides/car pool if your staying up here.

Are you planning to ship your guns and ammo ahead of time? Or you going to break your back lugging the stuff around? :bow:

I was planning on flying with the guns and ammo like last time. I have not explored the shipping option.

Pat

p374003221-4.jpg

Gearing up!

Patrick

1954 International Harvester, though I bought it from a gun store in Yakima, not CMP.

Pinger.jpg

Danish rounds in the bandolier, Frankford Arsenal in the boxes. Not planning on shooting with that particular ammo, though.

Anyone else racking their brain on how to carry enough enblocs?

399928615.jpg

I have to go do a few laps around the house to make sure they stay in place, but this is promising...

I was planning on starting a special thread down in Gear & Accessories once I see my check's been cashed. Still waiting...

I was thinking about getting one of those replica cartridge belts (Fulton Armory has them, among others), cutting it up, and turning it into a chest rig.

But if that works, I've got my issue MOLLE vest out in the garage, just need to strip all the pouches off it.

The local match always has at least one stage that uses all three guns, which makes carrying enough ammo a challenge with a Garand and a 1911.

Hummmm.....how do they do on the run?

Just running back and forth in my basement they seem to stay put. I need to try the "draw" many more times though to make sure the rounds don't shift in the enbloc. I pulled one clip out and a round had creaped forward of the other 7. I didn't check before loading the enblocs on the molle to make sure they were correct, so it may not have been the movement that caused this.

Just running back and forth in my basement they seem to stay put. I need to try the "draw" many more times though to make sure the rounds don't shift in the enbloc. I pulled one clip out and a round had creaped forward of the other 7. I didn't check before loading the enblocs on the molle to make sure they were correct, so it may not have been the movement that caused this.

Bryan,

That clip is showing in your photo. Look at the top left clip, one round is pointing in the wrong direction.