Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What planes are you flying in on? I am flying on US Air and my plane leaves at 7:50 AM to Phoenix and then 10:07 AM to San Luis Obispo and arrive at 11:53 AM. Also staying at Motel 6.

We might be in the same flight. I leave PHX at 10:10am and land in SBP at 11:56am.

I might need a ride from the airport to the range if anyone is going to be around at noon.

Cliff

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What planes are you flying in on? I am flying on US Air and my plane leaves at 7:50 AM to Phoenix and then 10:07 AM to San Luis Obispo and arrive at 11:53 AM. Also staying at Motel 6.

We might be in the same flight. I leave PHX at 10:10am and land in SBP at 11:56am.

I might need a ride from the airport to the range if anyone is going to be around at noon.

Cliff

Well being the movie star you are how could I say no. Well I could say no but that would probably cut back on the amount of friends I have. See you in Phoenix or San Luis. :goof:

Really looking forward to seeing everybody.

Richard, I really do have a funny feeling the Hogues may wind up paying out the $1000 bounty. Not having the par times changes the game quite a bit--a good shooter having a good day could significantly beat the old par times on all four shooting positions. It would be pretty amazing to pull it off with iron sights, but it's conceivable it could happen.

Seiichi, if we decide to fire up a dice game at the Motel 6 in Morro Bay, we'll leave the light on for ya! :lol:

Don't laugh, I have a pair of dice in my car at all times. :cheers: Hmm, sounds like street craps to me...

Seiichi

Well, except for not re-engaging the targets on stage 4, getting 6 mikes... how did everyone else's match turn out? I was doing pretty good till then...

It was my first ICORE, first revolver match for that matter. I had fun but did not shoot very well. My total time was in the 540 range for all stages. bottom third of the pack. I had more trouble with steel than usual, no idea why.

I saw two scores of "0" for stage eleven of the IRC. Did the bounty get paid?

No bounty paid there were 14 stages at the IRC this year stage 11 was a 20 second par time steel course -1 for the easy steel and -2 for the tiny steel in the back. Far and near standards was stage 13 and no zeros were found there.

I saw two scores of "0" for stage eleven of the IRC. Did the bounty get paid?

No bounty paid there were 14 stages at the IRC this year stage 11 was a 20 second par time steel course -1 for the easy steel and -2 for the tiny steel in the back. Far and near standards was stage 13 and no zeros were found there.

Are the final results posted anywhere yet?

Congrats to everyone who shot the match. Looks like the open guys are coming close to catching Jerry. Only 4.76 seconds between Jerry and Rich. Nice job Rich. I think the bigger story is that John B. is running away with limited and no one is even close. If my math was correct, 43.49 seconds between John and second place. That is a pretty impressive performance. Are these final results? Website says from Saturdays results. Seems like most of the big names are listed.

Congrats to everyone,

Tom

Congrats to everyone who shot the match. Looks like the open guys are coming close to catching Jerry. Only 4.76 seconds between Jerry and Rich. Nice job Rich. I think the bigger story is that John B. is running away with limited and no one is even close. If my math was correct, 43.49 seconds between John and second place. That is a pretty impressive performance. Are these final results? Website says from Saturdays results. Seems like most of the big names are listed.

Congrats to everyone,

Tom

Hi Tom, John Bagakis here!

I would like to Thank all the Match Staff, RO's, Sponsors and shooters for another Great IRC!

I had a great match! I was down 2 C's and 8 B's for the whole match, I think I left maybe 18-20 seconds out there including the B's and C's!

There is something about the IRC, I shoot better than I should at that Match for some reason! I don't know why but I will take it!

Thanks

John

Congrats to everyone,

Tom

Hi Tom, John Bagakis here!

I would like to Thank all the Match Staff, RO's, Sponsors and shooters for another Great IRC!

I had a great match! I was down 2 C's and 8 B's for the whole match, I think I left maybe 18-20 seconds out there including the B's and C's!

There is something about the IRC, I shoot better than I should at that Match for some reason! I don't know why but I will take it!

Thanks

John

I know the reason. You work your butt off in preperation. Limited champion for four years running. I think that is a first.

The match was set up and run very well. No calabration problems this year with activators. Except for weather, nice smooth match.

Let's do it again next year.

I know that the revolver guys are usually a bunch of crotchety, cranky old folks, but surely someone brought one of those new fangled cameras out there with them, huh????

Post some videos so those of us with daughters whose birthdays were this weekend can see.

I finally made it back home. This was my second IRC and it was a great match at a wonderful facility. All the volunteers that work all year to make this match happen deserve more thanks than they get.

I had to shoot my last three stages in the rain including the standards so I was happy with the way they came out considering the conditions. I had to shoot the 50 yard of the standards over after another shooter in the lane next to me fired on my targets. Thankfully the law of re-shoots was not in effect and it worked out for me. Unfortunately the other shooter had to take 6 mikes for the mistake. Even though I still made many mistakes, I made fewer and smaller mistakes than last year and was able to come away with a belt buckle this year.

The best part of this match is the great people involved in this sport, it was a fun time. :cheers:

I think the bigger story is that John B. is running away with limited and no one is even close. If my math was correct, 43.49 seconds between John and second place. That is a pretty impressive performance.

You're damn right. John is awesome at ICORE Limited. I shot pretty strong--if it hadn't been for a split-second brain fade that caused me to pop a couple extra rounds (which of course I didn't even need!) on a "shots-limited" stage that cost me 20 seconds in penalty time :angry2: , I would have finished second in Limited--and John would still have won by over 40 seconds. That's a big frickin' margin, folks! A good chunk of it is the Standards, which John always shoots very well, but even if you factor that out, he's still the dominant force in Limited. My hat is off to John, even if he did get insanely lucky and managed to steal the shoot-off money from its rightful winnner. ;)

Also noteworthy is the fact that Josh Lentz may be establishing the same dominance in Classic Division. Did you see how he trounced Craig and Cliff? They better hope Josh gets kids and a mortgage (as Jerry once said about Nils) pretty quickly, or they're going to have to find a place to hide even deeper--Open Snubby, perhaps? ;)

Rich deserves kudos as well. A 2.something on the standards?--wow. Any time you can put that much pressure on Jerry you are doing something right. Jerry's not getting any younger, but ICORE shooting is still right in the center of his wheelhouse. From here on we will be seeing a real race for top Open every year, and that's a very cool thing.

First IRC for me. My revolver skills leave a lot to be desired, none the less I had a blast. I will be back next year. Special thanks to all of those that made the event happen. From the sponsors all the way down to the 4H for selling ice cream. All the SO's were some of the most professional SO's I have experienced at a match. One SO stood out above all the rest. I dont know this man personally and want to publicly thanks him. Stage14 Dave Wilson (looked up his name) was the most polite and friendly. And to the tall skinny SO on "Which way do I go" you deserve a Segway personal transporter for next year. You must have walked/jogged/ran 15 miles during the match. Hats of to you. I will be starting my 2012 IRC preperations shortly after I finish my last sponsor thank you letter.

Hogue, Smith, Secure Firearms, and Brownells, Thank you.

Also noteworthy is the fact that Josh Lentz may be establishing the same dominance in Classic Division. Did you see how he trounced Craig and Cliff? They better hope Josh gets kids and a mortgage (as Jerry once said about Nils) pretty quickly, or they're going to have to find a place to hide even deeper--Open Snubby, perhaps? ;)

Rich deserves kudos as well. A 2.something on the standards?--wow. Any time you can put that much pressure on Jerry you are doing something right. Jerry's not getting any younger, but ICORE shooting is still right in the center of his wheelhouse. From here on we will be seeing a real race for top Open every year, and that's a very cool thing.

Josh not only beat the crap out of Craig and I (more me than Craig), he beat everyone with iron sights except J Bags. Classic was created because speedloaders were not competitive, right. That turns out to be BS. I guess it is the indian not the arrow.

Rich should also be congratulated for shooting his stages on Saturday. With bad weather coming, many of the shooters shot their last stages Friday to avoid the rain and cold. Rich did not and he could have. Hats off buddy, that tells me a lot.