Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited about shooting the IRC this year!

(Actually, I've barely touched my revolvers lately--early each year I switch over to the 1911, to prepare for the Single Stack Classic each spring, and just to change it up a little and keep things fresh. Next week I will break out the wheels for the summer.)

I have only shot the IRC once, with my 625. This year I'm going to shoot Limited again, but with one of my 8-shooters. I guess I need to figure out which one is most accurate at 50 yards, huh?

I know most of the usual suspects I shoot with will be there. I, like Carmoney, haven't shot a revo much since last years IRC so I need to make the next 4 weeks count!

I went out and pract////err shot the Standards. I got 26 X's!!!!! WooHoo. But I shot it four times, maybe that's how I got so many X's :rolleyes: I am just starting my regime as I had to take the tractor to my range to get a level spot for some 50 yarders. Plan is to shoot the standards every other day. I will be switching between my back up gun and my old one to see which is the more accurate at 50. Both work great for the 25 and in. Oh yea and I will be using the time limit of the old standards 9 sec at 50, 7 sec at 25 and 10 sec at the 10 and 3. Hopefully it will not slow down my glacial speed on the steel stages. :sight: I post later rdd

Yep ! Getting ready here too. Just finsihed testing my new 627 PC. Always interesting to see how accurate new S&W's are at 50 yds., before ICORE pratice starts with iron sights.

Well, it's an even split between Bayou 135 RN, 125 FP plated Bulletworks, and of course 125 JFP XTP's. They all print between 2-4", which should be fine for Far and Near standards.

OK, Bianchi first with my 686, and we'll get serious with ICORE right after....cant' wait to get there. Can't decide which challenge will be the toughest. Driving with Bubber and Mr. reid or the championship....only time will tell.

Do you still hate me ( a little bit ) showing up at the AR Sectionals without my team shirt Bubber......no, don't answer that.

Can't decide which challenge will be the toughest. Driving with Bubber and Mr. reid or the championship....only time will tell.

I would suggest having a spare car key made and put it in your bag. :rolleyes:

Can't decide which challenge will be the toughest. Driving with Bubber and Mr. reid or the championship....only time will tell.

:) :) :)

Don't let Bubber be in charge of anything. Keep him in the trunk

We are getting ready. Ammo is loaded and ready to be packed. As always we leave Bianchi Cup on Sun. and leave on Mon to IRC. Lots of hard driving. See you all there. have a safe trip.

David

Not to worry. I will leave my keys, all of them, in my car at Roger Reids house. No Gregg I will not lock the car. And as for Jess, yu got to sleep some time and I am thinking Mohawk. :devil: I bet you bring the shirt to the IRC. See you there underlug and I will work on your gun for you... :devil: later rdd

Not to worry. I will leave my keys, all of them, in my car at Roger Reids house. No Gregg I will not lock the car. And as for Jess, yu got to sleep some time and I am thinking Mohawk. :devil: I bet you bring the shirt to the IRC. See you there underlug and I will work on your gun for you... :devil: later rdd

You are psychic (psychotic?). I am ahead on my IRC, too. My gun is already broke

I thought by now there would be more chatter and excitement about this years IRC.

So does anybody have the heads up of what to expect this year?

Hey batter, batter. Wait... wrong sport. I emailed the match director, asking for stage discriptions. Hopefully we get them this year. I'd like to practice any stange starting conditions. Richard

I went out and pract////err shot the Standards. I got 26 X's!!!!! WooHoo. But I shot it four times, maybe that's how I got so many X's :rolleyes: I am just starting my regime as I had to take the tractor to my range to get a level spot for some 50 yarders. Plan is to shoot the standards every other day. I will be switching between my back up gun and my old one to see which is the more accurate at 50. Both work great for the 25 and in. Oh yea and I will be using the time limit of the old standards 9 sec at 50, 7 sec at 25 and 10 sec at the 10 and 3. Hopefully it will not slow down my glacial speed on the steel stages. :sight: I post later rdd

Hey Bubber. You sure you want it level? Maybe somewhat concave would be better. Ha Ha. I look forward to seeing you. Richard

I know most of the usual suspects I shoot with will be there. I, like Carmoney, haven't shot a revo much since last years IRC so I need to make the next 4 weeks count!

Don't let Todd fool you. He shot well at the SW Regional. In fact everyone seems to be shooting well. It should be interesting at the top. Richard

Hey Bubber. You sure you want it level? Maybe somewhat concave would be better. Ha Ha. I look forward to seeing you. Richard

RICHARD! I am talking about leveling the range as a whole not the firing position at the 50. But now that you mention it a concave space would seem to fit me better when I go prone.. :roflol: CYA i a few later rdd

I suspect the usual suspects will be at the top.. and the usual suspects (like myself) will be on page two.. unless I experience another front sight snafu like I did 2 years ago.. time will tell :)