Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1994 Colt Pro Shootout

outerlimits

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, the guy who designed all the stages and set the par times really knew what he was doing ... !

Yea he was pretty right on with the par times and the stages, i don't think one guy/gal could have done it by themselves. Must have been an army of them. To think that was 1994 and the Format is still Exciting and Current.

Hope it comes Back..........I understand Jojo Vidanes is interested in shooting it, throw KC and JJ........wow what a show

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

On 10/15/2011 at 12:14 PM, leas327 said:

In the video it mentioned TGO and a couple others being part of the Arizona Wrecking Crew. Who all made up this crew? I tried a search but came up with nothing.

Being that this is a 2011 thread I’m Hesitant to answer but hell, I was there sooooo....

To my recollection there was no “official” group called the wrecking crew but back then AZ matches were pretty stacked competitions. At any given match you could (and likely would) have: TGO, Brian, Doug Boykin, Arnt Myer, Matt Burkett, Jake Kempton and a number of other kick ass competitors that weren’t as widely known. To sheet a match at Rio Salado back then and to place or even win likely meant you at least had the ability to be competitive at a national level. 

Things may may still be that way in AZ, I haven’t shot there in a hundred years but I remember back then as being a special time and I remember feeling like every match was a true test not just of your ability to shoot but your ability to compete as well.

Jack

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2011 at 9:52 PM, DyNo! said:

"WHY DIDN'T I AIM?"

Hell, I've been asking myself that for about 10 years. :roflol:

That has been one of my favorite quotes since I first saw this video many years ago. I have this bookmarked on youtube and would LOVE to see this as a regular sanctioned event.

Yank Price was the guy who thought the whole thing up and put it all together. He has since moved on to other things and is living in Florida.

I designed all of the stages and set the par times. I had a couple of guys helping with the setup and teardown. We only had 3 bays so while they were shooting on one bay we were setting up on another bay after tearing down the previous stage.

The Arizona Wrecking Crew was basically as described above