Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best kydex production holster?

Red Ryder

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think theres a best but theres alot of good ones bladetec,ready tactical, serpa, bianchi, safrariland. Just look them up and pick one that suits you and your needs i use a bladetec holster for my xd and ready tactical mag holders.

For me the BladeTech DOH is too flimsey and binds the gun up on my draws for my CZ-75B and Glock-34. Without the DOH arm, I feel that the gun is too high and digging into my side. The Comp-Tac worked out best for me. Nice smooth draws, feels very secure, and best feature of all: No missing Chicago screws to try to replace after a few months of use. Additionally, order turnaround times are much faster than BladeTech.

Comp-Tac.

DOH are for girls! :ph34r:

There also good for bellies :roflol:

It requires a smooth quick draw. It mimics the holster of a open gun.at least as close as you can with 2" out and grip just above belt. Don't see any of those open guys with there gun up on there hip

Edited by sdm74

I use the bladetech DOH and have never lost a screw or had issues drawing once it is set up for the particular gun. I love the simplicity of the DOH as compared to my race holsters. Just throw the gun down in there and go. You don't have to worry about locking it or the gun falling out. I use a Racemaster for revolver, limited and open. Never had one fall out, but the fact that it is only held on by the trigger guard is cause for a bit of worry. I hear ready tactical and Center of Mass holsters both mentioned quite a bit too.

• 3 weeks later...

For years I have used Blade Tech for my 1911,Glock and CZ -- never had any problems with them. Also use their mag pouches. Great service from them -- called them to get a replacement part for one of the pouches that had a crack in it from heavy use and they sent me a new pouch at no charge.

I've used Bladetech, Comp-Tac, Blackhawk, and Safariland holsters for IDPA and the Comp-Tac products are my favorite. They offer very well made products plus fantastic customer service.