Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Larry Davidson Grips

ck1

If you looking for something off the beaten path or even just plain-jane but super high quality when it comes to new grips, Larry Davidson is the man. The guy is such a pleasure to deal with that I just wanted to give him some free advertising (as if he's not already busy enough as it is, he makes a lot of the top-quality OEM G10 grips for most of the top-shelf 1911-makers', while still doing custom orders for us average guys since that's what got him rolling).

These are custom ordered "Shredders" precision cut to work with the Techwell system per my request and also with lightening cuts on the back to save a little more weight. He delivered these in 10 days and they only cost $5 more (and in some cases a lot less) than off the shelf G10 grips and they're exactly what I wanted.

Custom craftsmanship like this is rarely if ever this accessible and affordable. He's got some pretty unique designs he'll pull off, maybe think up something cool and drop him a line sometime.

DVC

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

Edited by ck1

The grips were $85, but that's more than usual because I had them cut to work with the Techwell, pretty sure Larry's usual price is about $75 with anything you want short of the Techwell recess cuts or other non-standard request..

Trigger is an SVI interchangeable w/ the medium flat.

I got the Techwell bt itself sans grips from Shooters Connection, they rule too, and w/ the Enos discount they're a good bit less than most out there.

Larry makes the OEM grips for Springfield Armory's TRP 1911. I ordered a pair of Warthogs from him for my RIA 9mm Tactical. They were so nice I put them on my TRP instead and moved the grips from the TRP to the RIA. I am thinking of a set of Warthogs for a Ruger 22/45RP. He does great work.

+1 On Larry.

I had Larry make me a custom set of grips.

At the time, the G10 Starburst grips were only available through Wilson Combat.

I had him make me a pair WITHOUT the Wilson logo on it.

Now that is customer service.

BTW, here's LD's site: http://www.davidsonknives.com/ - looks like he's in the process of updating it which is a good thing, the guy's just got so many designs that are above and beyond the usual he could show off if he wanted and his old site didn't even scratch the surface.

Edited by ck1

Great guy to deal with. My non-special order grips were $65 delivered. Did the price recently go up?

No, think you're right and I was mistaken, he includes shipping too which knocks off another $10 when you think about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set on my Kimber Pro Elite. Great grips and Larry is so easy to work with on getting just about anything you want.

Reminds me that I need to call him because my S&W 1911 needs a set with a mag release cutout...

• 1 year later...

I would not get grips from anybody else after dealing with Larry. Received by grenade punisher grips for my sig 1911 tacops the other day and they look and feel fantastic plus they are thicker than the stock ergo xt grips that came with the sig, which works well for my larger hands :cheers: