Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet suppliers?

Ridgerunnr

called BBI and left several messages...emailed them..after several days i got an email saying theyd call me to order...no call ever came. ..Ordered from Precision..got a order receipt but no bullets..called them and there had ran my card as a mastercard instead of a visa..told em urgent needed em yesterday..today, half my order came and none of wich is what i needed ..called and got another answering machine...i shoot lead and laod for up to 6 of us here at home. I go thru ALOT..any suggestions for new suppliers???..hate to switch to jacketed for the price but almost ready to if I can get service

I had great customer service from precision. The only thing I did not like about them was the wait. They only do runs of certain bullets at a time. When they are out of a bullet you have to wait for them to come into production. I waited 6-8 weeks if I remember.

Thats why I stick with Montana Gold now. They are great to deal with and their bullets are second to none.

FYI if you are loading that many you should order Montana Golds from mannyusa.com. Cheaper than MG direct especially on 6 cases at a time.

Are you having a problem with Bear creek Phil? I just ordered another 2500 Monday, expecting them anyday. If my math is correct, i have used just over 50,000 of them without any problems.For jacketed, I find it hard to beat zero's either from Shooters connection, or from powder valley.I think if you could order in very large bulk, like 10k at a time or more, MG would be the way to go.If you need something for this weekend, let me know.

The longest I've ever had to wait on Precision was about 2 weeks. Got an email the day after my order saing they were out of stock and got another one about a week later saying they had shipped.

I've placed an order for BBI, and didn't get any communication, but did debit my acct a few days ago. I was told they do orders in "batches", and spend more time making bullets than returning emails, all in all, I think it'll be worth the wait with them.

Oh, and I heard they were good bullets!

If you go with Montana Gold, shop over at Manny Bragg's website, www.mannyusa.com

good luck, let us know how it works out.

Waxman..yeah black bullets service has been horrible..no call backs..cant order anything etc..ridiculous..Precision at least called me back and resolved ths issue. For that i can at least give them props for taking care of it. I wil say after comparing the BBI to Precision I sure like the precisions bette. Cleaner and more consistent weights for for sure. Thanks for the offer to help, much appreciated but i got 'er handled for the Sat match at least.

called BBI and left several messages...emailed them..after several days i got an email saying theyd call me to order...no call ever came. ..Ordered from Precision..got a order receipt but no bullets..called them and there had ran my card as a mastercard instead of a visa..told em urgent needed em yesterday..today, half my order came and none of wich is what i needed ..called and got another answering machine...i shoot lead and laod for up to 6 of us here at home. I go thru ALOT..any suggestions for new suppliers???..hate to switch to jacketed for the price but almost ready to if I can get service

They lied about the credit card. It is not possible to do this at all, since the credit card machines only accept numbers, and will automatically identify your card from the first digit of the card. "4" is a Visa, "5" is a Mastercard, "3" is American Express, and "6" is Discover. The machine would not let them screw it up.

My favorite bullet supplier is...me. I was casting bullets when casting wasn't cool. Now with moulds costing about as much about 4 boxes of commercial bullets, it makes even more sense.

They lied about the credit card. It is not possible to do this at all, since the credit card machines only accept numbers, and will automatically identify your card from the first digit of the card. "4" is a Visa, "5" is a Mastercard, "3" is American Express, and "6" is Discover. The machine would not let them screw it up.

My favorite bullet supplier is...me. I was casting bullets when casting wasn't cool. Now with moulds costing about as much about 4 boxes of commercial bullets, it makes even more sense.

BBI has burned alot of local shooters here as well. For that, they will never get my business.

I have had good customer service with Montana Gold.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new reloader just getting started. Finally got my 550B and ordered powder and primers.

Thanks for all of the information regarding projectile sources.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that in 9mm there aren't many savings between lead and FMJ when you factor in shipping charges.

It seems that at a place like precision delta or MG you can get 1000 projectiles for about 72-74 dollars shipped. High quality cast bullets are about 67-68 bucks per 1000 but then they tack on shipping, bringing the cost up to about 72-74 dollars as well, which seems to negate any savings.

If I go with 4000 9mm from SNS I am at 262.30 shipped. 4000 FMJ from MG is about 293.00 shipped.

I guess I have to ask myself if the 31 dollars savings is really that crucial. I guess I could look at is as a match fee, or gas to get to the match, right?

Am I missing something? I don't mean to come off like a smart ass either. It's an honest inquiry.

I wanna purchase my first batch of projectiles this week.

Edited by JaeOne3345

• 2 weeks later...

The price difference between lead cast and FMJ for 9mm really isn't much overall. The larger savings comes into play when you start looking at .40 or .45. 45's you can save around 60 bucks a thousand, which adds up pretty quickly. If I were you, looking for 9mm bullets, and FMJs were only 30 bucks more, I'd get the FMJs.