Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sevigny Comp or Dawson Adj

dskinsler83

What is your preference for rear notch width? The sevigny’s are pretty wide at .150” and the dawson is .125” I think. I wouldn’t worry about the sevigny ones not being adjustable. Windage is easy to adjust and elevation can be adjusted with either a front sight switch or a file.

Sevigny/Warren: FO front and the "eared" rear, which compared to adjustables are lighter and had more visibility.

I had adjustables on other guns that, once sighted in, never got adjusted again. Varying loads would pretty much go to the same POI, even with different bullet weights, or at least close enough as made no practical difference for the action games.

Have to put up with the initial hassle of drifting in and zeroing the sights, but then just forget them (except for occasional touch up blueing and replacement of the FO).

Edited by kevin c

I bought both. Shot them a lot. Great sights.

Kept the W/S set and sold the Dawson's.

Some like this, some like that. You'll never

know...until you work with both.

I sold the Dawson's for half what I paid for them.

Well worth it. I had to know.

Jim

I bought both. Shot them a lot. Great sights.

Kept the W/S set and sold the Dawson's.

Some like this, some like that. You'll never

know...until you work with both.

I sold the Dawson's for half what I paid for them.

Well worth it. I had to know.

Jim

I did the same thing. Also worth noting that the FS for the Dawson is pretty high - it actually dragged on one holster I tried out. Also the Dawsons are likely heavier (at least size wise they should be - never weighed mine as I sold them w/o putting them on a scale). It just might matter depending on your Division. At the last Nats Greg Lent was kind enough to let me weigh my primary and backup guns before the match, each with different guide rods. With Gorilla grip tape, the Sevigny's, and a short THE tungsten guide rod, I exactly hit the 2 oz weight allowance.

Edited by kevin c

I use the Dawson Adj on both of my cometition Glocks. I think, like most people have already said, it's personal preference. Both companies make a good product. The front sight on the Dawson is a little tall. though. They fit fine in my Blade-Tech's, but if you compete in any LE Only matches, they will drag in a Blackhawk Serpa.

For days, I couldn't decide on what sights to get for my G35. I just recently ordered the Warren plain rear and Sevigny .245 FO front. It's difficult to decide without seeing the actual product. I hope I made the right choice. I chose the Warren rear over Sevigny's because I like the "U" shape notch better.

Edited by Bosconian91

Sevigny/Warren: FO front and the "eared" rear, which compared to adjustables are lighter and had more visibility.

I had adjustables on other guns that, once sighted in, never got adjusted again. Varying loads would pretty much go to the same POI, even with different bullet weights, or at least close enough as made no practical difference for the action games.

Have to put up with the initial hassle of drifting in and zeroing the sights, but then just forget them (except for occasional touch up blueing and replacement of the FO).

Hi Kevin, hope you are well! Are you coming to our GSSF match this weekend? It would be great to see you if you are! I like my sights but I would like to look at yours again next time I see you. Kent

Well this is not good, it seems the overall is the Sevigny and I ordered the Dawson Adj. Oh well I guess I try the adjustables and see how I like them.

You didn't wait long! You asked on the 9th, and said you already ordered the 10th. I am the same way, very impatient sometimes. Hey, Dawson has a great return policy if you have any doubt, don't install them. Wait till you start playing with holsters, you'll have a serpa, reedy, bladetech, galco, then single or double mag pouches, leather, kydex. I have 2,000 rounds of ammo ready and waiting for a gun I don't even have yet!

Keep asking. This forum has been the best source of information available on the web. Do not forget to use the search function, and if you can't find what you're looking for keep asking.

Good shooting, and learning!

WG

I currently am running Dawson FO front and a Sevigny Competition rear on my 34, and 35. The biggest attraction for me was the width of the rear notch on the Sevigny....I dig the sight picture. However, I do find myself trying different loads from time to time and I like POA / POI to be dead nuts on regardless of the load I'm shooting. That being said, I am thinking about giving the Dawson Adjustable rear a try. I was reading on their website the other day a person can ask for a wider notch on most of the sights Dawson sells. I think I might see if that is an option. You might want to hold off on installing your sights and asking about that as well. If it is an option you could send them back.

As far as holsters go, if you decide to go with a Blade Tech holster, call them and tell them you are using a taller front sight and they can make the sight channel taller to accomodate.

I like my Warren/Sevigny sights. However, at speed I had issues with bringing the fiber optic to the bottom of the sight chanel. I added some bright green paint below the red fiber optic and now I have what I feel to be a great set up. Precision shots are not affected, but my quick shots are hitting much more accurately.

34sights6.jpg

34sights2.jpg

34sights1.jpg

Green means GO!! :cheers:

Edited by HS101