Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CZ Shadow T, short dust cover reports?

Gary H.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe there isn't a pic in this whole thread, come on people!!! :cheers:

I can't believe that a guy who lives near CZ custom can't find their website!!!! :rolleyes:

LOL, I like home pics better then pro pics. Gives me a more realistic idea. Plus I like to see the little changes everybody makes to personalize "theirs". Thank you so very much for your time and "help" :goof:

How much different is the frame (other than the rail) of the 75 Shadow compared to the SP01 Shadow?

From what I gather it's a 75B SA frame which is pretty much exactly the same as an SP-01 Standard/Tactical variant feel-wise, the "original" SP-01 Shadow's have a slightly more undercut-trigger-guard and a slightly deeper beavertail cut-out, really so close that they look almost identical even side-by-side.

IMHO the honest-to-goodness-Shadow frame is the smallest bit better and it's a shame the new one doesn't have those added subtle enhancements at the price-point of almost double that of a 75B SA, even still it's way awesome and better than just about everything else out there. I want one bad...

I had a souped-up SP-01 and if it weren't for the rules about removing the firing-pin-block I wouldn't have had any reason to look at making the move to a Shadow variant as they're close enough where it's really almost unnoticeable.

Edited by ck1

How much different is the frame (other than the rail) of the 75 Shadow compared to the SP01 Shadow?

I have a 75b SA, which the exact same frame as the 75 shadow and I have a SP-01 shadow.

The only difference between the frames that matter to me are the rail and the weight, there are a few other very minor differences, but none that I would be concerned about.

LOL, I like home pics better then pro pics. Gives me a more realistic idea. Plus I like to see the little changes everybody makes to personalize "theirs". Thank you so very much for your time and "help" :goof:

If you want amateur Shadow pr0n take a look at my old post. Warning, my amateur gun pr0n isn't very good. My wife can back me up on this. I claim it's due to the poor lighting in my house. She claims it's just another one of my short comings. :roflol:

My shadow has been converted to SAO with a custom shop black AL trigger. I'll post pictures sometime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe there isn't a pic in this whole thread, come on people!!! :cheers:

You mean something like this??

Ms Neomet's new Production gun. (okay, mine too, but don't let her know!)

PICT0442.jpg

very very nice.

as good as it looks?

No rounds down the pipe yet. Just picked it up today but just the difference in weight makes it worth it. I was not a fan of how nose heavy the Shadow felt. The balance point of the gun feels almost like it is in my hand. Great SA trigger. DA is good, but I will wait till I break it in to see how much it lightens up. My main problem with it is that it does not come with a Cape magwell. This is my first production gun and I am just used to throwing a mag in the general direction the gun and having my magwell suck it up into position. This will be..... different.

Here's mine, added VZ grips and a Dawson .170" x .090" black serrated front blade.

0e3539d8.jpg

Thanks to the wonders of the iPhone I documented the first 100rd value pack of WWB 115gr from Wallymart through the gun (only zee best)...

First target, 10 yards: all the center bull and head stuff is shot from the draw on the timer from under the ol' tactical fishing vest, the groups are 3-shot groups shot semi-slow-fire (1 or maybe 2 seconds then bang), all the fast stuff was DA first shot, this included a mix of successive draws-to-2-shots-to-slide-lock-reloads, Mozambique's, a couple bill drills, and surprisingly the first ever 18rds through the gun were 3 10yrd F.A.S.T drills shot cold (a F.A.S.T. drill = draw from concealment 2 to the head, slide-lock reload 4 to COM, in under 5secs if the force is with you at 7yrds), 4.92, 4.68, 4.69, all clean. I drifted my rear sight a hair too far over to the right as my shots stringing to the right as well as the groups showed me, but it's not far off at all and I'm pretty pleased.

cbf5facd.jpg

10 yard semi-slow-fire 3-shot group:

76ff69c6.jpg

Slow-fire (some slower than others) target to kill off the box at 15 yards, think the head was 3 and the center got a 5 or 6 shot group, the others are 3-shot groups:

01267b01.jpg

Prettiest of the day, 3-shot group off-hand at 15 yards, no BS:

705133bc.jpg

I'm super psyched, this gun is awesome! Boringly reliable too, just like I like it, fed and ejected everything perfectly with no drama, slide locked back on every empty mag every single time, and through some cosmic powers beyond my comprehension I actually picked a front sight height that hits POI right at the top of the blade on the first try. Nice.

Edited by ck1

CK1

Awesome you shooting it tomorrow? I'm up in KY for the Battle in the Bluegrass so I'm going to miss the chance to fondle it.

Yeah man. Good luck up there.

Think I'm done platform hopping for a while, I never shot anything as well as the SP-01 I souped up to where it was IDPA illegal, had I just stuck with my original plan and not tried my 9mm 1911 experiment I could have bought 2 of these... Oh well, at the time these hadn't been approved for anything other than ESP yet and I did wonder what all the fuss was about with the 1911's if I was going to go to ESP anyway.. I ended up building a sick gun, that now belongs to someone else, and throwing more money away than I'd like to admit. The CZ's are it for me, IMO they're like Glocks with good triggers shaped to fit human hands instead of alien hands. ;)

In case anyone is wondering how different they are from the SP-01 guns with the rail, I'd say they are real close. They don't quite drop back on target quite the same way as the SP's with their extra weight up front, but they are a lot easier to "throw around", feels smaller and quicker. Makes sense as getting my SP-01 down to 39ozs was a PITA, the new one with a 19rd mag came in at just under 36, a guy could actually make it heavier if he wanted to and still make weight for IDPA no problem.

Edited by ck1

Here's mine, added VZ grips and a Dawson .170" x .090" black serrated front blade.

That's a nice open gun you got there ;)

I thought the same thing. Guess no one else picked up on it yet.

nah..we're just waiting...

still a cool gun though

good to go in IPSC and IDPA

Edited by eerw

0e3539d8.jpg

That's a nice open gun you got there ;)

I thought the same thing. Guess no one else picked up on it yet.

nah..we're just waiting...

still a cool gun though

good to go in IPSC and IDPA

Yes, fingers are crossed for USPSA Production approval sooner rather than later. (glad that's what you meant, not real familiar with USPSA rules yet, was wondering if my grip-tape "power steering" might get me in trouble)

Edited by ck1