Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CZ Shadow T, short dust cover reports?

Gary H.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shot mine in a IDPA match yesterday, hammer-down first shot in SSP, cocked n' locked in ESP. (no griptape on the frame anymore in anticipation of USPSA approval)

This is first gun I've had in a very very long time where I have no intention or inclination at all to tear it down and put some work in to it, other than different grips and a different front sight to serve my particular preferences the gun is as it was out-of-the-box and is going to stay that way. I'm a total OCD/incessant tinkerer, i pretty much always end up breaking down guns and getting out the stone, sandpaper, and polish, or online buying ugdrade parts and installing them if anything is available looking to improve them even if ever so slightly to be as good as they can be, leaving it alone may be as high a compliment I can give.

Now I wish I would have waited and bought a short cover shadow. I bought my duo-tone custom shadow and 6 months later the gun I really wanted comes out :(

That's a sick gun too, if easier dealings within IDPA's rules is your aim (as was mine), maybe consider picking up a second-hand 75B SA and adding the CZC hammer, 13lb hammer-spring, ditching the FPB, and adding a DA trigger and disconnector to make it DA/SA. Then you'll have a bad-ass bargain range toy, possible Limited minor gun, and you can slap your Shadow's slide on top of it to satisfy the rules for sanctioned IDPA matches.

Edited by ck1

I've had my 75 Shadow for about 3 weeks. So far, I like it very much. As stock I had issues with light primer strikes (both factory and reloaded ammo), but a mainspring swap sorted that out.

With which spring did you replace the original?

I have a light hit every once in a while when I use real hard primers like Wolf in my 75B's that are set up just like the 75 Shadow. Never any problems with CCI or Federal primers.

The 75 Shadows come with an extended firing pin (at least allegedly, I don't have any other CZ's around to compare mine to), so hopefully you should be better off than what you're used to using a 13lb hammer-spring and standard length firing pin.

Congrats on the new blaster, you're going to dig it.

I have extended firing pins in my 75b's now. Wolf primers are just hard, and they are hard to seat so it is easy to get a slightly high primer.

I am pretty stoked about the new blaster. It should combine the 2 guns that fit me the best, a small frame witness and a CZ 75. I will just get the best of both. :cheers:

I have extended firing pins in my 75b's now. Wolf primers are just hard, and they are hard to seat so it is easy to get a slightly high primer.

I am pretty stoked about the new blaster. It should combine the 2 guns that fit me the best, a small frame witness and a CZ 75. I will just get the best of both. :cheers:

Well, worst case you'll need to put in a 15lb hammer-spring, in my experience that'll set off pretty much everything and will really only add pull weight to the DA, SA should stay about as nice as with a 13.

Not sure if you have comp hammers in your 75's, but if you're familiar with Witness's, your new blaster's SA should be as good or better than the best Witness Match's trigger out there, and that is a very very good thing. :)

Now I wish I would have waited and bought a short cover shadow. I bought my duo-tone custom shadow and 6 months later the gun I really wanted comes out :(

That's a sick gun too, if easier dealings within IDPA's rules is your aim (as was mine), maybe consider picking up a second-hand 75B SA and adding the CZC hammer, 13lb hammer-spring, ditching the FPB, and adding a DA trigger and disconnector to make it DA/SA. Then you'll have a bad-ass bargain range toy, possible Limited minor gun, and you can slap your Shadow's slide on top of it to satisfy the rules for sanctioned IDPA matches.

I have a 75 SA and I was thinking about sending it in and having it turned into a 75A Target. I would like to get a 75 SS Limited and have it worked over as a IDPA gun. So many choices and so little money LOL

Well, it has been shot, and it is pretty sweet.

The only thing I don't like is the safety. I was using the big TS style paddle on the 75B, I have short thumbs so getting on the shadow safety is not as easy as I like. I may start looking for options.

Leslie and I have also both shot the gun and it is really, really nice. Very accurate, low recoil, quick to transition. I need to practice shooting DA after coming off a 1 1/2 lb SA trigger (thanks for the tips Tony). I can't really compare it to either the "old" Shadow or other production platforms, as I haven't shot them other than just a couple rounds years ago but I will say it is a very nice, very solid feeling gun. I continue to love the grip angle and way CZs point. I basically stuff my fists at the target and the sights line up perfectly. The only thing I plan to change is to go to a solid black FS.

I'll have my buds who shoot the standard Shadow play with it and see how they think it compares.

r

Strick, your comment on the safety is pretty funny to me. As a lefty I always had to deal with the dimple that is the safety on the TS since nobody makes a big safety for that side. The safety on this gun is actually easier for me to use as the frame is smaller.

r

Strick, your comment on the safety is pretty funny to me. As a lefty I always had to deal with the dimple that is the safety on the TS since nobody makes a big safety for that side. The safety on this gun is actually easier for me to use as the frame is smaller.

Hey, they call it "right" handed for a reason. :sight:

I just tried for a couple hours to modify the safety I like to work but got annoyed and gave up. I will try later or get some more parts and try it. The other problem is that I don't think the safety I was using (http://czcustom.com/cz75extendedambisafetylhs.aspx) is production legal anyway, so I would be switching back and forth since I can use it in ESP.

I just tried for a couple hours to modify the safety I like to work but got annoyed and gave up. I will try later or get some more parts and try it. The other problem is that I don't think the safety I was using (http://czcustom.com/cz75extendedambisafetylhs.aspx) is production legal anyway, so I would be switching back and forth since I can use it in ESP.

Hey, let us know how it works out. I was considering doing the same thing. I love that rocker safety they use on the CTS and was considering grinding it down so it will fit into the IDPA box for ESP!