Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CZ Shadow T, short dust cover reports?

Gary H.

Yeah I got both in the interest of symmetry but one would do if you just wanted to check it out. Really might be better and less of a PITA to just find an SP-01 and see if it feels like an improvement, in my case it seemed obvious that the higher 85 safeties fit me much better...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's what I plan to do. One more question. What's the difference between the regular SP-01 safety and the CZ85 Combat safety?

CZ85 Combat -- http://czcustom.com/czsafteyrhssathumbler.aspx

SP-01 (new style) -- http://czcustom.com/Safety-SP01-RHS.aspx

Yeah I got both in the interest of symmetry but one would do if you just wanted to check it out. Really might be better and less of a PITA to just find an SP-01 and see if it feels like an improvement, in my case it seemed obvious that the higher 85 safeties fit me much better...

That's what I plan to do. One more question. What's the difference between the regular SP-01 safety and the CZ85 Combat safety?

CZ85 Combat -- http://czcustom.com/czsafteyrhssathumbler.aspx

SP-01 (new style) -- http://czcustom.com/Safety-SP01-RHS.aspx

There's the "thumbler"-style and then there's the "D"-style... different attachment, sear-cages for each type and maybe slightly different holes in the sides of the frames. 75 SA's, 75 Shadow's and 85's are the thumbler style so the SP one's won't work (but feel exactly the same externally just to check "feel").

FWIW, changed out the slide-stop from the 75-type to the SP-01-type that extends further back towards the rear of the gun... another huge improvement IMHO.

I play IDPA more often then USPSA, and dropping the slide with my thumb on a slide-lock reload is burned into my muscle-memory, with the smaller slide-stop that means twisting my hand considerably in order to hit it (or miss it, which has become way more likely) and in the past month or so that I've had the new gun I've been really indecisive in the heat of the moment during reloads... I'd fallen into the habit of not being consistent about it: I'd hope slamming a fresh mag home would drop the slide for me as it does sometimes but unreliably regularly, but if not, I'd either mess up my strong-hand grip dropping it with my strong-hand thumb or awkwardly hit it with my support-hand thumb (one of the things I've never liked when running 1911's), or, just sling-shot it as I almost never do as it throws me off and is slow.

Well, problem solved, now I can reliably drop the slide with only just a slight shift and can get back to business as easier and more smoothly. Also, didn't notice it before but the smaller lever requires twice as much pressure to release as the longer one does as it has half the leverage, another part of why it seemed harder.

Small change, huge difference. YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disclaimer... I am not bench rest shooter. Not even a little bit. I don't even own a sand bag.

I decided to check my zero today at 50 (FIVE ZERO) yards. The attached pic was taken after putting five rounds down range, from the bench with my arms resting on the padded case that the CZ calls home. The load was 124gr MG, 1.085", 4.7gr S1000, Fed SP Primers, Mixed Brass. 130-135pf depending on weather. Primers are a little flat for my taste but no cratering or flow.

Right before I took this picture I shot the same target standing, freestyle with five rounds and managed to only drop one point (about an inch left of the -0 zone). I dialed in a click of windage to get the attached pic. If I gave it one more click I'd probably be dead center.

Edit... Post was way too long.

post-17259-018797400 1306122050_thumb.jp

Edited by blind bat

After shooting a wheelgun exclusively for the past year, I finally transitioned back to a bottom feeder for IDPA. At our club match on Saturday, the new CZ 75 Shadow T worked better than advertized. I still have some time to get used to the trigger but it was a pleasure to finish fourth overall behind two MA and one EX shooters.