Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot 2 - ep.1

Corey

Glad to see Chris pull through on the challenge. Looks like there are definitely some attitudes that are going to clash as the season progresses.

Chris was close in going home. There are a few cocky people on the show. Hopefully they are the first to go out.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't wait to see the drama unfold from the Golf instructor guy coaching the team espeically when you have instructors and world champs on it haha..

My DVR cut out but it looked as though they were talking behind his back about it.

Do you guys think the teams were scripted or did they actually pick??

MIke.

I thought it was a great episode! they just got right to the shooting. Less drama,except for the first victim, and their is more action! Looking at the previews, looks like its a new and improved "Top Shot". They were able to pick up Bass Pro shop as a sponsor of the show. I like the fact that whoever gets challenged and wins, gets a $2k free gift card, that is very generous of Bass Pro. I noticed the host said "You can't vote for yourself" I guess that is the reason. After thinking about it. I think you should be able to vote for yourself. You would be taking a challenge and a chance of losing the big prize, and possibly eliminating a competiting member. I am also glad that the females didn't get voted off. I think they will prove to outshoot some of the other guys, and it will be inspiring for other women to want to join the shooting sports. All in all this show is great for all the shooting sports out there. And we are fortunate that we had some creative minds to want to invest their money into this show. I think it will be a homerun for them. Also it could open up some other opportunities to get more publicity for our sport, and possibly get more people into our shooting sports. I Think its a win/win situation, and I am very happy for the shooters, especially Athena, who I know and shoot with frequently. No Wonder I haven't seen her at some of the local matches of late. hmmm, makes sense now...

A few things from episode 1:

1. I saw an open gun in a few of the cut scenes. Can't wait to see Chris, Maggie, and Athena run that whenever it happens.

2. George rubs me the wrong way. Confidence is one thing. Cocky arrogance is another.

3. Anyone else see Jay break the 180 during the team challenge?

Interesting. Looks like the show will not be short on ego. Agree that Chris looks like he is bored and just going thru the motions. Maybe the challenge woke him up. Looks like we have a early contender for number one adam henry named george.

So far I'm liking it better than last season - more shooting right off the bat. Only downside I see so far is that the producers continued to include a few hand-picked loudmouth, cocky, a-holes in the group - for the drama, I'm sure.

I like the weapons they've used so far - much better than throwing knives and slingshots (just can't beat a good ol' 1911). Hope they continue to focus more on the shooting and less on the drama.

He was good on Survivor (as a player), but Donaldson is probably the worst TV host I've ever seen. Everything he does seems forced and awkward.

Remember guys...there is a lot of editing in making this show and how they portray each contestant.

In just the short time I spent in LA with these guys during the audition process..I can tell you that each and everyone is a class act.

Yes...George is a little cocky...but he can back it up in his shooting skills. His stories about Iraq and Afstan would make any american proud of him.

Plus TV doesn't so justice to his size...the guy is built like a tank.

Jay Lim was given a tough job at the get go. But when it came time to perform, he did. He hit 2 balls in the challenge. Chris and Maggie were blanked. Jay bought his first pistol LAST YEAR. Natural ability I guess. Not to take anything away from Chris and Maggie and their accomplishments.

I think they all need more dry fire practice :roflol:

I was surprised Chris T said he didn't take the team challenge serious enough... wow.

yeah, didn't leave me with a good impression, how much worse would it be if he was your teammate?

why were they cocking the hammer everytime in practice? they were obviously going to be shooting multiple targets.

I thought Chris was firing double action during his practice.

A few things from episode 1:

1. I saw an open gun in a few of the cut scenes. Can't wait to see Chris, Maggie, and Athena run that whenever it happens.

2. George rubs me the wrong way. Confidence is one thing. Cocky arrogance is another.

3. Anyone else see Jay break the 180 during the team challenge?

It looked like several of the blue team either broke the 180 or were very close to it. And based on the camera angle, it looked like the red team was set up right on the 180 line.

I noticed the 1911 in the team challenge was a series 80 Colt. I'm guessing the trigger was not tuned in any way. I wonder how much this factored in to the good pistol shooters missing.

Great show though. I was a little bummed to see Maggie picked third from last and Athena picked last. Can't wait until next week!

I think they all need more dry fire practice :roflol:

I was surprised Chris T said he didn't take the team challenge serious enough... wow.

I think what Chris said was taken out of context, as well as probably poorly worded on his part. He atually said he "wasn't into it", which I took to mean, that he did not get into a good rythem or focus that is essential to making the shot. This may have been influenced by his bieng an open shooter (optic sight vs iron) and this 1911 was obviously an out of the box iron sighted stock triggered gun. Not his typical pistola. It seemed to me he was a tad nervous and also dissapointed with himself for the rocky start. He got it together though and went 5 out of 6 with the revolver. Glad to see him and Maggie still in it.

I thought it was a great show, much more organized, and thought out then last year. I really couldnt belive that the Well known's like Maggie, Athena, and Chris Struggled so much with the 1911 challenge. Could a crappy stock trigger really handicap them that much? I also noticed that Chris Worked on double action shooting of the 44magnum, while the other challenger worked on single action. I think the double action shooting worked better for the fast moving challenge.Cant wait for next week.

Couple things off the top of my head:

1. I hate arrogance. Confidence is one thing, blatant arrogance is disrespectful to everyone.

2. Obviously, the guys picking the teams did not give Athena and Maggie the respect they deserve.

3. The point of the show is the same as last season, we give you a weapon, you excel or go home. It's not Top Shot (Custom USPSA Open Gun Edition) Saying that the big names might not have done well because it's a box stock 1911 with no trigger job sounds like a very weak excuse. Jay hit with it and he was shooting Cup and Saucer (as were several other shooters).

4. I'm seriously considering DVR'ing so that not only can I skip the commercials, I can skip all the backstory and drama junk, and just watch the competitions.

5. If Bass Pro is going to sponsor, hopefully they will start stocking some of the gear that we will see this season, which would be great.

Mac

EDIT: Chris was single action shooting during the practice. He was cocking the hammer with his weak-hand thumb, which made it much faster. At least, that's what I saw.

Edited by McAllyn