Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I like shooting rifle, but I love 3 Gun matches that are shotgun heavy. I love the shotgun and especially like that it intimidates and makes a lot of the the other guys whine and complain about it. It's like a built in head game :devil:

I like shooting rifle, but I love 3 Gun matches that are shotgun heavy. I love the shotgun and especially like that it intimidates and makes a lot of the the other guys whine and complain about it. It's like a built in head game :devil:

I totaly agree!

Hurley

I could be wrong about the other guys , But the reason I whine when You are at a match....is getting a spanking from a Big guy in a skirt, :blush:

Your Blistering Saiga plays into that intimidation factor as well :roflol:

Jim :P

I could be wrong about the other guys , But the reason I whine when You are at a match....is getting a spanking from a Big guy in a skirt, :blush:

Beware...He kisses too :surprise:

Jim :D

Shotgun, rifle, pistol. Juat switched to Benelli and weak hand loading. new challenge! Doubt there will be many 3-gunners that pick pistol first. I think most of us got into this game because we like the long guns better - or at least can shoot them better.

Shotgun...'cause 3-gun is my only opportunity to run it and gun it.

I'm with smokshwn. I especially enjoy the slug targets out past 90 yards...makes me feel there was a need for all those expensive slug practice sessions :roflol:

Curtis

Shotgun 1st, Rifle 2nd and pistol 3rd... I think shotgun is one of the hardest to master, between recoil control and quick loading, so it is the most rewarding. Rifle is fun, and I get my pistol fill at monthly USPSA matches........

edited to add: Shotgun is also the only tool you hear all of us attacking with a dremel ... we all become masters of the HACK FU gunsmithing routine :devil:

Edited by HS101

I enjoy a good shotgun stage, but the .308's effect on steel at a distance is very satisfying.

I was at the Larue 3g match last year watching the .223 tipping the larue targets over, then the heavy shooter on our squad was "slapping the ground" with'em. You are right, VERY satisfying, had me laughing out loud!

Rifle is first, there's something about running through a hoser stage with my rifle that makes me smile. Then follow up with shots at 300-400 yards and it makes me appreciate how versatile the rifle platform can be.

Shotgun second, although it takes the most skills to master reloading and ammo management it is a fun weapon to shoot.

Pistol, still lots of love for the pistol, but you just don't have as many opportunities to shoot the others in competition.

Edited by ninemmbill

i really dont know what to pick... :unsure:

I've shot shotguns more than anything with all the hunting ive done growing up.

I love the adaptability of the rifle hosing some close targets then dropping prone and shooting a couple hundred yards.

Shooting pistol matches is where I started with competition shooting and is what got me interested in 3-gun.

When it's time for heavy lifting the shotgun shines, but who does not get a big grin when they lay the smack down on a bunch of close paper with the rifle. If it was not mandatory to complete the stage who would even get the pistol out of the holster with a perfectly good shotgun and rifle close at hand?

I also find it hard to pick just one. As Piatt said 3guns 3 times the fun!! I have been shooting 3gun only since last year and have a lot still to learn. I have shot USPSA (pistol) since the early 90s and this new game has been a ton of fun.

Jim

ty-21785