Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your production platform?

I'm just trying to get a good base of what people are using, why they like it (or dislike it), and what kind of set up they have. If you vote, please leave a post descibing what you are using (E.G. G34 9mm, tuned, Vanek Trigger, Storm Lake barrel, etc. - Please include the caliber as well) and your pet load for said platform.

This is NOT a thread to discuss which platform is better, or anything about round limitations in Production Division.

I see alot of new people getting on the forums, and many questions about setups and so forth, I figured this is a way to try and get as much info in one place as possible.

So, let's make this a good one!

Thanks! :cheers:

Edit to add: I'll start. I shoot an XDM 40 in production, bone stock, pet load is 3.2 Clays, 180 TC lead, mixed headstamp brass, OAL of 1.135.

It's a bit smokey, but gets it done.

Edited by GrumpyOne

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how to answer the poll, since I have 3 Production rigs, but I'll use the G34, since that's what I'll be shooting this season.

Had an XD9 Tac, Super-Cool Gray Spray-Painted Slide, Springer Precision trigger, Dawson FO front, ISMI spring, TruGrip tape, Zero 125g JHP, 4.2g VVN320, OAL 1.145

Built a CZ SP01 Tac, ISMI 13 hammer spring, ISMI 11 recoil spring, go-fast silver thin grips, same load

Setup a G34 9mm for this season, Glocktriggers Challenger Trigger, Dawson FO front, Glock adjustable rear, ISMI recoil spring and guide rod, TruGrip tape, same load

Anecdotal research has shown that regardless of platform, I suck, because I don't practice enough or correctly. But, most importantly, I have a blast.

Mac

XDm 4.5 9mm zero 125gr FMJ (.356) w/ 4.0 of N320, WSP primers

Tungsten guide rod, Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight adjustable rear sight

Going to get the ultimate match Powder River trigger assy when they get some more made. I also bought some wolf recoil springs (14 lb, 16 lb, and 18lb) to try out when I get to the range this weekend.

I'm using a double alpha PDR low ride holster... bought it after searching through these forums. I like it quite a bit. I'm using a CR speed belt and mag pouches that I took from my race rig.

Haven't been shooting production long, but I have a lot of experience shooting Open.

Mostly I shoot single stack but it's fun (and a bit cheaper) to shoot 9mm. ( I Suppose I did myself in there as far as the " 1911 Snob Club!!") I've run a Springfield XD with F/O sites, Springer trigger setup but otherwise mostly stock, and it's a WONDERFUL gun!! Right now it's a CZ75. Mostly stock but with F/O sights because I'm old! The more I shoot it, the more I comprehend why Jeff Cooper pronounced it as he did!

G35 .40 S&W, 180 gr Precision Moly, 2.6 Clays, 1.130 OAL, PF=134.

Lone Wolf Barrel, 12 lb recoil spring, Rocket 2.5 connector, fiber front sight.

Bladetech holster, CR speed belt and mag pouches.

I went with G35/40 since my limited gun, a Para P16 is 40...one caliber, 2 loads.

M&P Pro w/ trigger job

Dawson fiber front, adjustable rear sight

been playing with springs recently but have been shooting an 11# ISMI recoil spring and Glock reduced power striker spring

Montana Gold 147 CMJs with 3.6gr n320

Comptac holster and Ready Tactical pouches for IDPA, CR Speed for Production

Dang Grumpy, we could be twins. Last season I shot my XDM with a fixed Sevigny rear. My load is 3.1 Clays 180 BBI mixed brass @ 1.135. I run a 14 lb spring on a Dons SS guide rod.

I sent the slide, barrel and mag bodies off to be coated with Atranite. Having new Dawson Adj rear and FO front installed. I Duracoated the frame and will put skate tape on it when I put it back together.

Im also gonna put PRP's polished striker, Ti safety plunger and a trigger kit of some sort in it. Havent decided which one. Lastly Im putting a Springer guide rod for 1911 springs and will run a Wolff 15 lb.

My 231 loads were ok with the 14 but this Clays load seems a little peppier and I think the 15 will be better.

DAA belt, Safariland 773's and Bladetech DOH round out my rig. I love it...

Cool thread.

G34. Vanek trigger bar, trigger housing with overtravel stop, and firing pin safety. Competition trigger spring. Stock striker spring. Ghost Patrol connector. It seems like a random, hodgepodge of parts, but I've carefully tested and selected each one, and the result is a very light uptake with a dead-on 3.5lbs CRISP break and very little overtravel.

Sevigny Comp FO sights. 3m stair tape. Backstrap channel insert. Standard slide release. Stainless steel guiderod w/ 13# spring.

Factory ammo, usually Remington UMC.

Edited by beltjones

Glock 34 9mm.

Stock Barrel

Vanek trigger with lightened and lengthened striker

4lb striker spring

13lb recoil spring with captured steel rod

Sevigney Competition sights with fiber optic front

Grip tape I cut and fit myself.

I run 124 MG CMJ/FMJ @1.13 with 4.2 grains of V V N320 in sorted brass. Makes 135 Power Factor.

FWIW I use a CR Speed belt with Blade Tech DOH holster, and 5 Ready Tactical mag pouches

Glock G17 9mm. One in the holster. One in the bag.

Stock OEM barrels. OEM recoil spring assemblies.

My trigger using OEM and Vanek parts.

Warren/Sevigny Competition sights.

CR Speed belt and mag pouches.

Bladetech DOH holster.

3.4grs of Clays using Rudy Warren's 124gr hard cast black moly bullet @ 1.160 OAL.

Shot exactly 100 matches with classifiers with this setup between 2004 and 2010 wacko.gif.

Retired from the Production ranks a year ago. Great fun and miss it some but

concluded finally that ...minor sucked.

Jim

G17

warren/sevigney sights

lone wofl spring kit

.25 trigger job

extended mag release

13lbs guiderod spring

blackhawk cqc retention 0 holster

atlanta arms or Dcammo for ammo

Crspeed belt

Rudy Comp Squad shirt.

CZ Shadow 9mm

10# recoil spring, 13# hammer spring, extended firing pin, steel guide rod, stock sights, thin Aluminum grip on the strong side thick checkered aluminum grip on the weak side.

Bladetech DOH, CR Speed pouches, Double Alpha Belt

130gr BBI with 3.8 gr Solo 1000

CZ Shadow - custom shop that was further tuned by eerw (who made a significant improvement)

Dawson fiber front at .170 x .090

Ready tactical drop/offset (made for an STi edge)

CRSpeed belt and pouches

Win white box ammo :roflol:

Gen 4 Glock 17. Dawson fiber optic front sight, Jager recoil spring / guide rod, wolfe reduced striker spring and LW 3.5 connector. Seems to like the WWB in 100 round loose packs. Points like my SS but light light light!!!

Addict

I started shooting USPSA last year shooting a 45 Auto Single stack.

Bought a CZ SP-01 off a friend to shoot production as a second gun (and save a little $$ on reloading).

Resprung, trigger polished and smoothed up a bit, Dawson fiber front, shadow rear sights

pretty much stock other than that.

Load my own ammo on a Hornady L&L

3.2gr n320 147gr Precision Moly @ 1.100 for 130pf

Glock 17, Dawson FO front sight, Bomar for Glock rear sight, Briley fitted barrel, Vanek Classic trigger group, 14 lb Wolff recoil spring, Wolff steel guide rod, Wolff 4 lb striker spring, Lightning Strike titanium striker, Glock 20/21 extended mag release, polymer frame plug, TruGrip grip tape.

Load - .356 125 gr Zero FMJ at 1.100" OCL, 4.2 gr VihtaVouri N320, Winchester SP primers, 133 pf

Hello: I am shooting a Glock 34 with 121 Montana Golds and Tite Group. I am looking at different plateforms since my son is now shooting the Glock 34 in Limited minor. Warren rear sight, Dawson fiber front sight,trigger by me, 13lb ISMI recoil, 4lb Wolff striker spring, Lightening strike steel striker. ISMI steel guide rod(USPSA) and a Jager plastic guide rod for IDPA. Arredodndo base pads for limited and Dawson magwell. Stock mags and plug for IDPA. Guns I am looking at are the new CZ, XD&XDM, STI GP-6 and the M&P pro. Thanks, Eric