Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your production platform?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried the CZ SP01 route, I have had 2, one tuned by Angus and another tuned by Chris Johns at CZ. Love the feel of the gun, just couldn't get used to the trigger, but to be honest I didn't really give it the time it would need to adjust. I have a M&P Pro 9 right now, but got it at the end of the season right when I had elbow surgery so I have not done anything with it.

I mostly shoot single stack but for when I do get around to shooting production I have a Beretta 96 with the Wolff trigger conversion unit, d spring, metal trigger, and inox magazine release. I will be working up a load with BBI 180's and clays.

CZ SP-01 Shadow w/Dawson .090" plain black front sight, thin aluminum grips, skateboard take on grips, front strap, and backstrap.

Bladetech DOH holster

Double-Alpha Belt

CR Speed mag pouches (4)

Load:

Zero 125 gr. JHP over 4.2 grains VV N320, Federal primers. Various headstamp brass.

Edited by Jeff Matzka

CZ SP01

Competition Hammer

Trigger job by Angus

Competition Rear Sight

Aluminum Grips with lots of 3M tread tape

BladeTech DOH holster

SpeedSec 90 degree mag pouches

Zero 125 FMJ, VV N320 4.3gn 1.155" OAL

G34 or downloaded G35, both wearing TruGrip or equivalent, Warren/Sevigny FO sights, Vanek Classic GM triggers, 11 or 13# ISMI springs riding over short tungsten or brass guide rods. I keep the extended mag release (I'm apparently one of the few who don't knock into it, even with the lightened release spring I use).

Blade Tech DOH and Ready-Tac's on a CR belt.

Match ammo 9mm MG 147 CMJ's over 3.6 gr N320 at 1.125, 40 MG 180 JHP's over 3.2 regular Clays at 1.135. Mixed brass, Win or Federal primers.

I shoot a G34 (9mm) with a KKM barrel. I did my own trigger work and it's plenty good enough. Lightweight striker, extra power return spring, polished, Stock Glock Connector. It has a large frame Wolff guide rod and a 15lb spring. I make my own 155gr lead bullets, with 3.2 grs of Solo 1000 loaded to 1.080" Dawson adjustable Sights. It's a very reliable gun, fires off my CCI primers with no problems. Even dirty it just runs and runs and runs.

• 1 month later...

G17 w/ Glock 3.5LB connector, trigger spring, $.26 trigger job. Wearing Ameriglo Combat sights and 3M stair tread tape.

Worn in Bladetech injection molded holster & mag pouches on a Wilderness 5 stitch instructor belt.

I feed it the cheapest factory ammo I can find.

M&P9L

Bur well competition trigger with pe-travel reduction

F.O. Front site

Atlanta Arms 147gr ammo

CR Speed belt

Blade tech DOH holster

Ready Tactical mag pouches

I hope to begin reloading later this year. Looking to eventually purchase a Dillon 550 press.

I'm not looking to change platforms but those open guns sure are pretty!

• 1 month later...

Just got my first real production gun this past September.

As of 2 days ago:

Glock 35

Jager captured steel guide rod

ISMI 13 pound spring

Skateboard tape on grip

Sevigny Competition Sights (green FO)

Glocktrigger.com challenger kit.

Load is 1.135 oal Precision Delta 180 FMJs with 3.8 grains of tight group and CCI spp factors to 135.

Brian

Glock 35

4lb. reduced power striker spring

reduced power safety block spring

extra power trigger spring

13lb. Recoil spring

Stainless steel guide rod

Lightning Strike Titanium Safety Plunger

180 laser cast, 3gn bullseye, 1.135" oal

Blade tech doh

CR speed belt

CR speed mag pouch

Horrible night sights

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up my Production gun

*Glock 34 (OD Frame)

*Warren / Sevigny sights - black rear w/ FO front

*standard Glock slide stop (non-extended)

*(coming in the mail) TruGrip USA pre-cut grip tape

*Standard G17 magazines

*Factory ammunition - normally 124gr 9mm American Eagle (Federal)

Holsters / Pouches are a mish-mosh of what I've bought for Glock gear over the past couple years

*5.11 Blade Tech Revolution

*Blackhawk & Uncle Mikes LE kydex mag pouches

*belts... either heavy leather or "tactical" nylon belt

I may upgrade to Kytac or Comp-Tac holster & mag pouches, but I'm saving pennies for a Limited rig & reloading gear. I don't want to "invest" too much more into my Production equipment until it actually helps push me to A or M.

Edited by Son Of The Griz

My production gun is a gen 2 Glock 17 with a Vanek drop in trigger kit. I am running a factory rear adjustable sight, and a Hiviz fiber front. Uncle Mikes holster and blade Tech mag pouches. To be honest, I have not been shooting production in the last couple of years.

I would really like to check out the CZ production guns and maybe the M&P.

Randy

CZ SP-01 9mm, Australian Barrel, Minked, almost each single part of the gun is somehow modified or polished :cheers: RAMI safety, FO front, LPA adj rear, competition hammer, 13# main, 11# recoil, CZC AL grips, 85 trigger, SS guide rod.

CR speed magpouches and belt, Blade-tech DOH.

Load, 147gr MG FMJ, 3.4gr N320.

CZ 75 Shadow (newly USPSA-legal short dustcover variant), 11lb recoil spring, 13lb hammer-spring

CZ 19rd mags w/ +10% mag springs

Dawson Precision .170"T x .90"W black-serrated front sight

VZ G10 grips

Higher, lower-profile CZ-75/85-style safeties in place of the lower/extended CZ-75SA/Shadow-style safeties

Production-legal frontstrap checkering (skateboard tape).

Cz-85 "original profile" trigger

Blade-Tech DOH holster (minus the DO part), Blade-Tech kydex double mag pouch, 2 tacticalkydex single mag pouches.

5.11 1.75" Casual leather belt or Blackhawk 1.75" Operator's belt.

Cheap factory FMJ, usually 115gr and usually from Wallymart (WWB, Federal Champion, UMC, etc.)

- I've ran Glock's, M&P's, and STI's, the CZ works the best for me and I wouldn't trade my Shadow for one of each of them. An SA trigger as good as the finest 1911's, DA pull as good as the best Revo's, in a gun that runs like a steel Glock yet feels better in the hand then all of them IMO.

Plus, I take off 2 of the mag pouches and throw on tge fishing vest and I'm GTG for IDPA SSP and ESP.

The rig is solid, the shooter not so much...

Dont shoot much production, mostly SS and L10, however the rig is a Sig P226 USPSA, Serpa holster, Safariland pouches, on a DAA belt.

Load for 9mm is 5.0 or 5.2 grains of WSF under 124 grain jhp

CZ SP-01 9mm, Australian Barrel, Minked, almost each single part of the gun is somehow modified or polished :cheers: RAMI safety, FO front, LPA adj rear, competition hammer, 13# main, 11# recoil, CZC AL grips, 85 trigger, SS guide rod.

CR speed magpouches and belt, Blade-tech DOH.

Load, 147gr MG FMJ, 3.4gr N320.

I'm pretty sure that Australian barrel isn't Production legal in your SP-01 under Appendix D4, line 21.3.