Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your production platform?

CZ SP-01 9mm, Australian Barrel, Minked, almost each single part of the gun is somehow modified or polished :cheers: RAMI safety, FO front, LPA adj rear, competition hammer, 13# main, 11# recoil, CZC AL grips, 85 trigger, SS guide rod.

CR speed magpouches and belt, Blade-tech DOH.

Load, 147gr MG FMJ, 3.4gr N320.

I'm pretty sure that Australian barrel isn't Production legal in your SP-01 under Appendix D4, line 21.3.

ill check into that.

EDIT: IPSC, yes.

USPSA, 21.4- Aftermarket slides and barrels. Should be legal since it is NOT an aftermarket.

Note: the barrel will be used in a shadow top end. (since I can't get a top end-only at this time).

Edited by Torogi

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CZ SP-01 9mm, Australian Barrel, Minked, almost each single part of the gun is somehow modified or polished :cheers: RAMI safety, FO front, LPA adj rear, competition hammer, 13# main, 11# recoil, CZC AL grips, 85 trigger, SS guide rod.

I'm pretty sure that Australian barrel isn't Production legal in your SP-01 under Appendix D4, line 21.3.

ill check into that.

USPSA, 21.4- Aftermarket slides and barrels. Should be legal since it is NOT an aftermarket.

Note: the barrel will be used in a shadow top end. (since I can't get a top end-only at this time).

21.3: BARRELS: Current rules remain in effect - you may

replace the barrel with an OEM or aftermarket barrel

which is of the same length, contour and caliber as

the original barrel for that model of gun.

See the bold text above. The Australian barrel isn't the same length as the original barrel, so even though it is OEM it would make the gun illegal for Production division.

ill check into that.

See the bold text above. The Australian barrel isn't the same length as the original barrel, so even though it is OEM it would make the gun illegal for Production division.

I don't see anywhere this poster mentioning length.

Edited by JimmyZip

ill check into that.

I don't see anywhere this poster mentioning length.

The Australian barrel is longer than a stock SP-01 barrel.

Just changed my IPSC PD gun.

Had a M&P full size 9mm. Only changes was added griptape and Warren Tactical sights. (no triggerjobs and the like allowed under IPSC)

But just bought a Tanfoglio Stock 2 to replace it.

Also ordered a lighter hammer spring but havent received it yet.

• 4 weeks later...

ill check into that.

So Angus on the CZ forum says they're not production legal (yet), and Amidon confirmed it in an email as well. Sorry man.

ill check into that.

So Angus on the CZ forum says they're not production legal (yet), and Amidon confirmed it in an email as well. Sorry man.

Enough about the legalities..... This thread is about what you run. Torogi stated what he runs, and whether it is legal or not, well, it's his burden to bear. Besides, it is legal in IPSC, and that might be what he shoots. This not a discussion about rules.... If you want to start a thread in the rules forum, then that would be the place for it. Thanks!

Edited by GrumpyOne

• 4 weeks later...

I shoot mostly limited but when I shoot production its a M&P Pro in 9mm. All stock except the apex sear and apex springs. I plan on changing the sights sometime, leaning towards dawsons. 147 precision delta bullets with tightgroup.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I run a Glock 34 gen 3, SPA sights, dawson f/o front. Some mods, not many. 115gr /titegroup 4.2, fc sorted range brass oal 1.130 +/- 0.003. More accurate than WWB (Winchester white box) But just got my 650 press to knock out alot of load development. Titegroup is dirty but has great accuracy. VV N320/N340 is what I ran in limited but haven't had time to test. I dig glocks for the price point, but even with reworked triggers they are far from spectacular.

I voted last year but apparently never posted. FNP 9, box stock, left decocker removed and sights blackened. Try finding upgrades for that one! Blade Tech DOH and pouches on AA belt. Bear Creek 125g moly over 4.1g Universal loaded on a SDB.