Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your production platform?

I shoot an old 9mm CZ-75 (made in 1988 before the wall fell) because it doesn't have a firing pin block. Its current production equivalent would be the 85-Combat.

The CZ custom shop has given it a trigger job, reduced the mainspring power to 15 lbs from 20, and installed a factory trigger with an over travel stop. It also has the CZ custom rear sight which I really like because its large, dark, and has sharp edges. The front sight is a 1mm red fiber optic, but I'm shooting better since blacking it out.

I currently shoot 130gr Black Bullets International over 3.8 grains of Solo 1000 at 1.150 OAL with CCI primers. This gets me to a PF of 132.

I have no intention of changing platforms, but I have some interest in trying the heavier SP-01 Shadow. I'm also going to experiment with some 147gr bullets soon.

Edited by belus

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glock 34

Accurate Iron trigger job ~ 3-3.5lbs

Sevigny Comp F/O red front sight, black rear

Jager striker w/ 4lb reduced power striker spring

Factory barrel

Full grip stippling

13lb ISMI recoil spring w/ Jager steel guide rod

Standard slide lock lever

Accurate Iron internal magwell

147gr MG CMJ

3.2 gr N320

1.125 COL

Federal small pistol primer

Mixed brass (80% Winchester)

Stock M&P 9Pro

Comptac holster and single mag pouches

147gr Precision bullet

134PF worth of Solo 1000 (3.7gr with my current lot)

Wolf SPP

Mixed range brass

After trying a friend's M&P with the full Apex kit, I'll be getting one for this season.

I'm using a CZ75b in 40S&W.

I installed the competition hammer myself. No other trigger work.

Standard mainspring.

Haven't settled on a recoil spring yet.

Flat black competition sights from CZ custom (non adjustable rear).

Hogue fingergroove grips.

My load is 3.0 grains of clays behind a 180 grain bayou bullet at 1.135".

It is quite soft at 135pf, and is the most consistent 40 S&W load I have yet loaded.

The CZ was my first centerfire handgun. It was originally a limited 10 gun. I've moved on to Glock for limited, but the CZ is still a very nice platform for production.

Edited by dagger10k

Just bought my first Production platform, although I won't be able to shoot it in Production until it's legal...

I bought one of the new short dustcover Shadows, the non-FPB CZ-75. Really looking forward to wringing this gun out.

CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow - CZC full workup (w/ 13# mainspring), black CZC comp rear, serrated black front, 12# Wolff recoil spring, reproduction early-model CZ "waffle" grips.

124gr MG CMJ over 4.7gr W231 with WSP @ 1.150" for ~134PF. (Mixed brass from just about everyone.)

Blade-Tech DOH, CR-Speed belt, 5x CR-Speed mag pouches. (6x SP-01 magazines total, plus one standard 75B magazine as further backup.)

(@ belus - that's not old. If it isn't a short-rail, it isn't an old 75. :P I have a 1978 short-rail CZ 75 that I would love to run for Production, but I won't do that to it, given their rarity. It's single-action would likely rival my Limited TS if re-sprung, and it already is close to my worked-over S&W 586 in double-action. 'tis a thing of beauty in every respect.)

I'm pretty happy with my Glock 35 in production. I run 40 in everything (Prod, Lim, Open) which is convenient on the press. Between Prod and Lim, I just seat a different bullet and that's pretty much all I have to change.

I used to run a Beretta 92G. For a short time I had a 96 Stock as well. Sometimes I think it would be fun to get my hands on a 96G Vertec, if that even exists.

Haven't shot Production in a while but if I'd go back, I'd go Glock 34 again. The CZ's look and feel awesome but I don't think I'd get over the DA/SA thing.

Don't be worried about the da/sa pull. I went from a G34 to a Shadow Custom and couldn't be happier. My da pull is light and very smooth and once the buzzer goes off you don't even think about it. The da pull is only one shot then you have many sa shots with a 2 pound pull that breaks like glass.

Tried the G34. It felt OK but at the end of the day my scores are always better with my XD9 tactical or second choice is M&P pro. Reloaded ammo with 124gr MG and 3.7gr solo 1000.

CZ Shadow

#10 recoil spring, #13 hammer spring, steel guide rod, thick checkered aluminum grips.

Custom DOH holster by Performance Holster, Ready Tactical mag pouches, CR Speed belt.

130gr BBI with 3.6 VV N320 at 1.100

But now I'm switching to Single Stack...

Great thread! This proves to me that Production is one of the most popular divisions :cheers:

I shoot open and production since I only need to load and locate only 9mm brass.

My gear.

• Beretta 92FS
  • LPA rear adj sight
  • D Hammer spring
  • Improvised fiber optic front sight
  • 147 or 125 Grain Bear Creek on top of 231 or titegroup 3.7 gr to 4.0 gr.

Glock 34, 13lb. ISMI spring recaptured on stock rod, 4lb. striker spring, lightning strike lightened steel striker and titanium safety plunger, Ghost connector. Grip is 3M anti-skid stair tape from Home Depot cut to shape.

Sights are a Warren/Sevigny rear with Dawson red FO .235 front.

My load is mixed brass, 147gr BBI and 3.5gr Solo 1000 at 1.132" loaded on a LNL for 134PF.

SIG 226 All Around. Dawson FO front sight, stippled grips, lighter hammer spring. Other than that, it's stock.

I use a Bladetec DOH holster. Ammo is whatever I have loaded at the time as it shoots it all great. Otherwise, I try to feed it 147 gr Precision Delta with 3.5 of Titegroup.

Recently got a S&W M&P 9L. Dawson FO front and fixed rear, light action work, and grip tape. Shoot out of a Bladetech DOH for Production or a WLS holster for 3 gun and NRA TPC. It too likes about anything I feed it.

The SIG is more accurate than the M&P if precision is the most important issue. Otherwise, the M&P is a bit faster for me in competitions where a lot of movement and target transitions are required.

Craig

Sig X-5 Allround & Sig 226 USPSA Stainless Steel Frame

Nils wood grips X-5 & Houge Aluminum 226

Short rest triggers and trigger jobs

13 lb recoil springs

Factory sights both guns

WWB or Rem UMC 9mm

Bladetech holsters and mag pouches

CR Speed belt

XD-9 Tactical (5-Inch)

Canyon Creek competition trigger job

Dawson FO front sight

OEM rear sight

Decal Grip tape

Bladetech DOH holster

CR Speed belt

CR Speed magholders

124 MG JHP ammo with Clays powder (includes random distribution of self pasting bullets :surprise: )