Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who would you get build a limited?

matt t

+1 for Bobby Keigans at Freedom Gunworks. Unbelievable attention to detail in design/workmanship and outstanding care and concern for his customers. I always feel I get way more than my money's worth from Bobby on anything he's done for me.

:cheers:

Curtis

Edited: 'cause I hate tipos typos!

Edited by BayouSlide

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Keigans of Freedom Gunworks in Georgia just built me a 6" Limited gun. Photos of it are on Bobby's forum. Duel top ends. One in 38sc for steel and one in 40 for USPSA. I do not think it is IPSC Standard Legal since it will not fit in the box. Take a look. It is FGW10. I am very happy with it.

I also have a 5" from Brazos that I shoot and it is a great gun too. Don't forget about Benny Hill at Triangle who is doing work for me right now and Derek Janowicz at Millennium Custum who is building me a Sight Tracker. You will not go wrong with ANY of the Smiths on Benos.

I'm another voting for Bobby at Freedom GunWorks.

Bobby will build you whatever you want. You tell him what you want, he'll make it happen. You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer guy to do business with as well. Nothing against any of the other guys, but just give Bobby a call and see what I mean.

Here's an album of some of his builds http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/kgunz11/FGW%20Pistol%20Builds/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

What in particular were you looking to have built?

jpl precision here. very good work and i really like the fact that i just have to go across town if i have any issues/breakage. john is always willing to help me out. kills me to pay shipping...

I have a Benny Hill 6" that I bought second hand. It is a downright sexual experience to shoot it. I love it. That being said, Bobby Keigans is as fine a guy as you will meet. He is building my open gun now and I can't wait to get it. Bobby is making quite a name for himself and rightly so. He will build my next gun as well. A single stack, for when I'm too grumpy to shoot open or limited but not grumpy enough to shoot revolver.

While there are many fine, fine gunsmiths building great guns almost all of them are limited to the more mass produced base frame and slide from STI. I am not saying these are bad parts in any way but there is no comparison to the 100% billet barstock made SV's. Their machining is ALL done on multi-axis CNC mills. The slide to frame fit from them is an incredible process providing a fantastic, long lasting pistol.

The options are near endless.

Theirs are truly the only 100% custom pistols. They make ALL the parts in house in Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, or Titanium. You can get what you want, how you want it all with great long term support.

I am fairly fortunate and can afford ANY custom pistol I want. I have owned 8 SV's and currently have 2 in process. It is just as exciting now awaiting the call that one is finished as I was for my first one.

No disrespect to any of the fine gunsmiths out there but if you want a full custom work of art, contact Brandon and get one (or two) started, www.sviguns.com .

Lee

Edited by lneel

A nice thread coming to a close.

Bart, who else cuts their own slides from bar stock? I trying to think of one and I can't. Most if not all gun builders use prefab parts.

ha....and frame, grip, safeties, sights, trigger bases, pins, barrels, mag release, slide stop, firing pin, firing pin stop, plugs, bushings, hammer, sears, disconnectors, interchangeable breech faces, but I guess it is all for not as you are right, they do not pour their own metal. Darn...

Posting just to be posting seems to me...

Lee

Bart, who else cuts their own slides from bar stock? I trying to think of one and I can't. Most if not all gun builders use prefab parts.

If that's the definition of a full custom gun, then I guess almost nobody ever made one until very recently...

Edited by G-ManBart

Hello: If you like what you see on the SVI site and can wait that long then go for it. I would rather not wait that long and get parts that I like to use and have some imput on what I like. SVI does make some great parts but great parts are also made from other companies as well. I have seen broken parts from many companies and I even have a SVI slide here with a crack in a weird place. I would take a look at all of the gunsmiths and then talk to them to see who you feel most confortable with and what time frame they can do your pistols in. I think Benny Hill makes some great 6" pistols. They may not be the most fancy out there but they do run. Thanks, Eric