Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed Belt Questions

98sr20ve

What size should I order? Some sites indicate that you order actual sizes. Other say to order 2" bigger.

My Wilderness Trails belt is 40" and is almost too big.

My Belts I wear measure 40" from end of buckle to the hole in the belt.

My wife says my waist is 40.

http://shootersconnectionstore.com/CR-Speed-Hi-Torque-Belt-Black-P201.aspx

Seems odd to order a 42" when the instructions for my Wilderness trails belt was basically the same and it's almost to big right now.

Is the Hi-Torque Belt my best option for the cost. Seems to be to me from my research. I don't know what the difference is between the Deluxe and the Hi-Torque.

http://shootersconnectionstore.com/CR-Speed-Super-Hi-Torque-Deluxe-Range-Belt-P208.aspx

Not really liking the red color.

Anyone knew who keeps 29" belts in stock? (I have a 27" waist).

I don't want to but it looks like I might need to order the ladies 30" in the pink and dye it or something...or just show up with a pink trimmed belt. hahaha....

Edited by JaeOne3345

It is better to have several inches of overlap. I have a 38" waist and wear a 42" belt. I have seen several people run 6" or more over then mount their holster on the overlap section to move it a little farther away from their body. I have just recently set my belt this way too, but would feel better with more belt overlap(velcro grip area to keep the belt on).

I have a 34" waist and have a 36" CR. It's been set up for my 3-gun rig. On long stages where I have to carry everything but the "kitchen sink", the keeper is a must!

I ordered my DAA at 38" and like the extra length. Been meaning to swap them around, then I should be gtg.

• 4 weeks later...

I just recently purchased a CR Speed Hi Torque Belt and got it 2" larger. I wear pants with a 34" waist and bought the 36" belt. It fits perfectly with just the right amount of overlap. Don't know why I didn't buy one sooner... I too am interested to see if I can find a 30" belt for my son who has a 28" waist.

+1 on the keeper.

I have a CR belt 2" over dress belt size and lost the keeper. I jury rigged a replacement, but don't always use it. Naturally I didn't have it on during one stage this past Superbowl Sunday, where we had a football prop to carry around. I ended up w/ the football tucked under my weak arm but was pushing on top of my spare mags, which transferred the force down through the pouches onto the belt. Stripped that sucker right off right in the middle of the stage...

Learn, and do not repeat, my mortification :blink:<_<:D

eta: If you have the, ah, spare real estate, lots of overlap is great for security, but if not, you may have problems with the excess running up against something mounted on the belt.

Edited by kevin c

The Euro boys like the red belts so they have something that matches their shoes. huh.gif

Jman, sooooo not true.

98sr20ve, Listen to what your wife says and then add two inches and the belt will fit. CR Speed recommends measured waist plus 2", the extra overlap is a good thing.

My CR belts are 6" larger than my pant size. I tried a belt that was only 2" larger at one point and it didn't feel nearly as secure.

Pant size is meaningless it seems. My jeans are 36" and loose on me. My belt measures 40" from the end of buckle to the hole that I use the most often.

I would order 1 size larger than your pants size. My last CR belt was 2 sizes larger than my pants and had a little too much overlap. I wear size 36 jeans and use a size 38 CR belt. The size 40 felt too big, but to each his own. The deluxe belt has some ribbed texturing on the belt vs. the regular belt (ribbed for her pleasure :roflol: )

• 3 weeks later...

I'll chime in here since I JUST bought a CR speed from Brownells. My pant size (Cinch jeans) is 32x36. In Levi's, I'm usually a 34" waist. I got a 38" belt and wouldn't say I could "use" an extra 2 inches, but it certainly wouldn't get in the way. I shoot single stack, so my mag pouches and holster are behind hip bone. Too much overlap and I could see issues mounting your magazine pouch really far forward like for Limited or Open. Those guys usually rotate the belt so the overlap is under your back beltloop.

That said, I think +4" from your pant size should be fine (not talking actual waist size since I've never measured anything that way). If you're a 32", go 36" but I can tell you right now a 38" wouldn't be too big. Even running a 38" cr belt with my much smaller waist, I still have velcro that's not overlapping in the advertised 9" of overlap.

Don't know if any of that made sense, but I hope it helps.

When I was in the process of choosing mine, i thought about creating a thread about this but didn't because I hadn't done searches and thought it must have been discussed many times. I guess I should have started something! Luckily, a friend of mine had some CR's that I was able to try on to determine what size to order. Glad you got some answers! :cheers: