Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Surefire 60/100 Round Magazines

DyNo!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange, didn't Magpul just put in for a patent on this?

Something similar - I saw the patent but I'm not sure how similar this one is.

I'm hoping Magpul will go ahead and release their 40 round magazine and Quad-Stack.

I'm sure they'll have a prototype at SHOT show and release it in December 2011. :lol:

Well after playing with one today I changed my mind, I'll be getting one (or more) of the 60 rounders. I could see shooting just about every stage with the 60 rounder. With it being slightly longer then a normal 30 and having a wide base it will be great for monopoding. Also gets around the mag coupler rule for Rocky Mountain.

I have seen the "plans" for the magpul one, but like hinted about above who knows when or if it will be released. I was able to hold the Surefire one in my hand and was told they be readily available in the beginning of 2011. Just in time for next 3-gun season!

Just talked to a buddy of mine that is at a MagPul Dynamics class right now.....he said there is a Surefire rep in the class also, and he is running these mags. Said he fired a 100 round burst thru his KAC with a new SF suppressor !!!

With it being slightly longer then a normal 30 and having a wide base it will be great for monopoding. Also gets around the mag coupler rule for Rocky Mountain.

I can't readily speak for JJ and Denise but I am pretty sure if you call them out, about 30 seconds of rule revision could crush your Surefire Mag Monopodding plans :devil:

Edited by smokshwn

With it being slightly longer then a normal 30 and having a wide base it will be great for monopoding. Also gets around the mag coupler rule for Rocky Mountain.

I can't readily speak for JJ and Denise but I am pretty sure if you call them out, about 30 seconds of rule revision could crush your Surefire Mag Monopodding plans :devil:

I realize that, but as the rules stand now it'd be legal. I haven't shot Rocky Mountain before do I haven't had to deal with it, just something I though about.

The Surefire guys are here at Benning running these news mags. They're on the squad ahead of us so I've seen them quite a few times. Barry said they've never had a malfunction with one and I haven't seen anything to dispute that. It's a great design and pretty reasonable in price. I'll definitely be getting one or more ASAP. Perfect for long range or hose stages. Great height to monopod. One thing the article didn't mention was they have a small steel insert at the front of the mag with little polished feed ramps built in. It's a great looking mag.

I think ill stick with my regular exteneded mag. I have a beta also but its a rare use. The only time I like it is if its a situation where the extended mag is too long to be used and I need the extra rounds. The beta also shines on table starts where the rifle has to be picked up off the table. The gun isnt extactly flat with the beta its either like an extreme kick stand on an open gun ot pretty much verticle

They look pretty cool. Any idea on when they will be available for sale?

Pat

I saw these at the sight in range at Benning. It is my understanding that they should be shipping in April. It is also my understanding that this is not a Surefire product but will be developed and marketed by shooters who are sponsored by Surefire.

...but as the rules stand now it'd be legal. I haven't shot Rocky Mountain before do I haven't had to deal with it, just something I though about.

As the "rules" stand now, they were for 2010.

...but as the rules stand now it'd be legal. I haven't shot Rocky Mountain before do I haven't had to deal with it, just something I though about.

As the "rules" stand now, they were for 2010.

Yup, I realize that as well. I'm so stupid though I would probably get lost if I went to the RM3G so I should probably not attend. Disregard earlier comments, they were posted in excitement of having a new product coming to market that I thought could be fun to use in the sport, my bad.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info. One 60 rounder on backorder with midway. I dont see the prices being much better anywhere else so I went ahead and took the leap. Hopefully it will be here by march.