Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

Here's Benny's open version of the 930...

will run thru various slugs this weekend to see what she likes. now i gotta trim about 8 TEC loaders for them to work on the benelli chute. oh yea, Benny lied about the trigger...mine breaks at 2.35 lbs on the digital scale.

post-2786-0-32040400-1313445727_thumb.jp

post-2786-0-87205000-1313445736_thumb.jp

post-2786-0-78378800-1313445744_thumb.jp

post-2786-0-50639600-1313445750_thumb.jp

post-2786-0-18385200-1313445758_thumb.jp

post-2786-0-10973500-1313445765_thumb.jp

post-2786-0-37823100-1313445772_thumb.jp

post-2786-0-16024500-1313445778_thumb.jp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it is after market steel. Got the new proto types from mossberg today. Better than I thought. Sorry no pictures now as I don't know shit about that stuff. Here's a list. 24" barrel w/ 9rd. ext. or 21' w/ 8 rd ext. got one of each. Large F.O. red front sight, large safty, nice bevel on lower receiver opening, good follower, nordic tubes & clamps ,trigger with overtravel stop , mag tube, sleeve, & gas piston are hard chromed for wear. Last but not least it has a logo on the side saying JM tactical shotgun. Should say BH as JM has never shot or touched a tactical shotgun in his life but thats marketing. I have done razzed JM about it.Overall I would say it is the best out of the box I have seen. Will have the 2 @ rockcastle.

Had my hands on these guns today, if they can hold that price point there are going to be some happy shotgunners. Fit and finish are good, good looking shotguns, the hard chrome gas system is a good improvement. These aint your daddys Mossberg. Nice job.---------Larry

It would be nice if those of us already with 930s could order the chrome plated tube and valve as parts. I would think the carbon buildup would be reduced and much easier to clean off. It sounds like Mossberg has been paying attention. This will help many people get into multigun that didn't or couldn't before.

Is it legal to shoot a 9rd extension in tactical if you only load 8? Is it just like loading 10 in production with a 17rd mag?

Depends on the individual match. Some it is okay, others not. Some you can only start with 9 and then load up after the start, others never more than 9 total in the gun.

And yet a few say the mag cannot hold more than 8, it it does you get bumped to open...

Most shooters get a longer than 8 tube, and plug it to 8 for those "odd" matches.

jj

Or follow the match rules and only load 8.

Following the match rules means knowing them, and sometimes loading only 8 can bite you if your mag can hold more and if the rules are written like these 2 rules sets;

here is one;

"6.6.7 Tactical Shotguns may only hold 8 rounds maximum in the tube.

Ghost loading is specifically not allowed."

Here's another one, different match;

"6.3.2.6 No shotgun in Tactical class may be loaded with more than 9 rounds at any time, or hold over 8 rounds in the magazine tube."

So at least 2 major matches say, the tube cannot be CAPABLE of holding more than 8 rounds...I have seen more than once a RO watching the preload table and asking a shooter for a 9th round, and attempt to push it into the tube. if it goes, welcome to open division!

jj

ETA; so for these 2 matches, if you have a tube that holds more than 8, plug it to 8.

Edited by RiggerJJ

With the end cap on a nordic tube it takes about a minute to take off the cap and drop in a plug, instant 8 rd tube. I made mine out of a stock plug for a bennile, the big end sits on the end of the spring so it wont fall in and bind the spring, the 9th rd will go in about 1/2 way. I keep it with my choke tubes.---------Larry

Edited by Larry White

No, it is after market steel. Got the new proto types from mossberg today. Better than I thought. Sorry no pictures now as I don't know shit about that stuff. Here's a list. 24" barrel w/ 9rd. ext. or 21' w/ 8 rd ext. got one of each. Large F.O. red front sight, large safty, nice bevel on lower receiver opening, good follower, nordic tubes & clamps ,trigger with overtravel stop , mag tube, sleeve, & gas piston are hard chromed for wear. Last but not least it has a logo on the side saying JM tactical shotgun. Should say BH as JM has never shot or touched a tactical shotgun in his life but thats marketing. I have done razzed JM about it.Overall I would say it is the best out of the box I have seen. Will have the 2 @ rockcastle.

Thanks for the update!

:cheers:

With the end cap on a nordic tube it takes about a minute to take off the cap and drop in a plug, instant 8 rd tube. I made mine out of a stock plug for a bennile, the big end sits on the end of the spring so it wont fall in and bind the spring, the 9th rd will go in about 1/2 way. I keep it with my choke tubes.---------Larry

Do they sell those somewhere?

Do they sell those somewhere?

I cut down an empty 12 shell to plug my FN at BRM3G. Worked great.

I dont know where you could buy a bennellie plug, thier just scrap at the shop. I have seen generic plugs in bubble pkgs at sporting goods stores, but as marco said a cut down hull or almost anything will do. Merlin took my m2 to fort benning one year and it came home with a tree branch stuck in the tube.---------Larry

Do we have any idea what the new model 930 is going to be called? I want to start keeping an eye out for it, I have held off on picking up a shotgun for three gun based on what I have heard about this model.

Do we have any idea what the new model 930 is going to be called? I want to start keeping an eye out for it, I have held off on picking up a shotgun for three gun based on what I have heard about this model.

Same here... After reading this post I email Mossberg today and asked about it. I got an email back saying it out be out by next year.