Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

uspsa.org Website

wgnoyes

There are multiple links to the same thing on the front page, some of which are broken. Namely the online store. Also could bring back the pulldown to get to the most useful pages quickly. I can't say I like playing the click the link game to find the classifier results. 

It's less dated looking, but still not intuitively functional. a mess of links in a menu-ish sort of format where you ahve to guess how the things you want are categorized for the most part. It's better, but I hope it's not considered done. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To do direct link classifier lookups, paste this into your browser and change the xxxxx to your USPSA number (remove the quotes)

'www.uspsa.org/uspsa-classifer-lookup-results.php?number=xxxxxxx'

THANKS!!!! Your internet Kung Fu is strong!!!

To do direct link classifier lookups, paste this into your browser and change the xxxxx to your USPSA number (remove the quotes)

'www.uspsa.org/uspsa-classifer-lookup-results.php?number=xxxxxxx'

Thanks!

Two things. I know everything can't stay "where it's always been" but when you redesign something like this I think having a site search should be a basic part of it. Next, I'm trying to pick a classifier to use this weekend. Anyone know how to find the "Classifier's by Club" function that shows all the classifiers that a particular club has shot in chronological order?

Thanks,

John

The RO exams are not yet on the new web site. I expect to have that completed this weekend.

The "Classifiers by club" feature is not on the web site (that's coming in a later phase). If you *really* need to see the old stuff, go to www.uspsa.info to see a copy of the old site.

...go to www.uspsa.info to see a copy of the old site. (Emphasis added - Bn)

Whoa, that's a major help! Thanks for having the foresight, Rob, to provide an alternate avenue to the previous production website as a hedge against unforeseen problems.

Oh and for other stuff missing, looks like a lot of the BoD meeting minutes were dropped, and the USPSA ByLaws are no longer available.

The RO exams are not yet on the new web site. I expect to have that completed this weekend.

The "Classifiers by club" feature is not on the web site (that's coming in a later phase). If you *really* need to see the old stuff, go to www.uspsa.info to see a copy of the old site.

Thank you very much Rob. I'm sure I'll get used to the new layout and how to find stuff but for now I really appreciate it.

I like the new look, but there are two things I can't find. Might be there, might not.

1) CONTACT US. A simple click to go straight to a contact page for general info,then expand that into specifics, but CONTACT US has got to be on the front page.

2) I need to log in, OK, I get tot he log in page, my name pops up with a password blanked out so I can't read it, normal so far, but the PW is wrong, I can't remember mine, there should be a Forgot your password clicky. I assume that if I were not registered, there would be a link to sign up for the first time, if not then that would be #3.

Jim

I noticed that in the match results after Oct 1st that you can't click the persons Uspsa number anymore and get the entire match results for just that person. I'm sure it is just a matter of time.

Like that site, thanks for all the hard work.

Flyin

I noticed that in the match results after Oct 1st that you can't click the persons Uspsa number anymore and get the entire match results for just that person.

In a similar vein, I miss the match break down that shows the number of participants at a match broken down by Division and Classification.

I noticed that in the match results after Oct 1st that you can't click the persons Uspsa number anymore and get the entire match results for just that person.

In a similar vein, I miss the match break down that shows the number of participants at a match broken down by Division and Classification.

The breakdown is coming - we had to concentrate on the essentials for Phase I.

The detail for a competitor is already there - Look for "Competitor or USPSA Number ", a box to enter the member or competitor number, and "Display Summary" at the bottom of the page that lets you pick what division and stage you want to see. I'll add the "click the uspsa number" feature shortly - but, at least you can already get the data you seek.

At least on Extreme Makeover Home Edition they get an entire week to build a house...........Rob has most everything up but just like you can not put up sheetrock before you finish the electical, this site can not go up and be completely functional over night. Let's give Rob some space and opportunity to finish.

Looks good!

Some "legacy" match data I uploaded a week or two ago is missing, though.

Noticed that... A match I shot last Saturday the 25th is missing.

Could you tell me the club and date?

The project was done on an assembly line basis - The Hughes Design team workedon the CMS system, while I prepared "undecorated" versions of the code for the custom stuff that interacts with USPSA data. There are some problems with the legacy results - in general, you'll probably see the link buried in the source to the HTML.

I will work with the Hughes designer to get this ironed out but rest assured, none of that data was lost.

All of ours are out there, now. Thanks!