Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

uspsa.org Website

wgnoyes

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange that the site has no front page pics and/or congratulatory remarks for this years National winners. Is it that involved or time consuming? Just annoys me is all.

Jim

Its only been a few days since nats wrapped up. im sure with the new desgin, they'll be able to post all kinds of stuff about them. posting new pictures is probably not high on their list of stuff that needs fixed/changed tho.

smile.gif....tick...tick...tick.

Curious. Is it really that difficult and/or time consuming to post a few pics of this years National Champions...really? Just sayin' mellow.gif

huh.gif

Jim

Well, guys and gals apparently it is GUT WRENCHINGLY difficult and time consuming to post a couple pics and blurbs in recognition of our 2010 National Champions. Embarrassing IMO.

Jim

The shame is that 3 months after switch over, the new websight appears to this casual user to be a big downgrade. :mellow:

I don't understand.....we all can easily go to www.brianenos.com, search the forums, and eventually find the appropriate links to everything we had on the old USPSA website. Not sure what everyone's problem is. :-)

Seriously though - I can remember when the "quicklinks" was added to the old website (and hailed as an improvement) to make things easier to find that was regularly accessed. Now with an upgraded website, we not only have eliminated this convenient function but we also have made it even more difficult to find and access key areas. I hope that many of the comments/complaints being made here are being considered for some future modifications.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder when they'll correct issue(s) of not being able to update information in the member's profile, and lack of email notifications for match results?

I didn't know about that. Have to written to Rob about it? He's the brains of the outfit!

I wonder when they'll correct issue(s) of not being able to update information in the member's profile, and lack of email notifications for match results?

I didn't know about that. Have to written to Rob about it? He's the brains of the outfit!

No. He's been involved in this thread and I thought he would have seen the previous posts by now.

I'll contact him.

I'd like to see:

The date of the last Classification database update displayed.

This is already available.

Go to Member Support.

Under "Classifier Record", there's a panel to enter a member number for lookup.

Immediately under that panel is the dat of the last update.

• 2 weeks later...

No. He's been involved in this thread and I thought he would have seen the previous posts by now.

I'll contact him.

No email notification yet. (which I was going to point out as a membership benefit to a bunch of our new members :( )

Looks like to do classifier uploading you need to be a "club contact" and it appears one contact per club.

Yeah that's gonna screw things up for me temporarily, as I do stats for 3 local clubs that I am not the official "club contact". I'll have to contact the clubs in question and see how long it takes to figure this out. <_<

There is one "Contact", but that "Contact" can add as many "authorized uploaders" to the club as they need. Go to Club Support and then select "Club Results Uploaders" to add permissions (if you are a club contact). Authorized uploaders can do everything a club contact can do except add more authorized uploaders. This will be very convenient for people who do stats for multiple clubs.

Can you give that authorization to the SC's for the clubs within their section?

I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting that capability!

BUMP!

???

I think the Section Coordinator really needs that ability. In the past, the match organizers (for example at the section match or a special charity match) could request a unique password to upload results. Especially in the Area 6, often the stats team for the section match will not be the stats team from the host club. Many of us who do the uploads, do so for more than one club. And, then there are the 4 back-up people for stats at my home club. . . I'm out of town a lot :blush:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

I think the Section Coordinator really needs that ability. In the past, the match organizers (for example at the section match or a special charity match) could request a unique password to upload results. Especially in the Area 6, often the stats team for the section match will not be the stats team from the host club. Many of us who do the uploads, do so for more than one club. And, then there are the 4 back-up people for stats at my home club. . . I'm out of town a lot :blush:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

I agree with Linda on this one. Is stats such a desirable job that it has to be password protected AND require prior authorization for each person willing to do it? :surprise:

I filled in as Stats Officer for our local club match...

...time to bump this one again. :)

The USPSA web site is not user friendly. It is really predestrian. I stopped going to it even for classifieds because it was a pain. It is unfortunate since we probably paid some big bucks for it.

Unfortunately, dealing with Web developers can be ardous. The young ones want something 'sick or wicked' and the older ones just......

The key is an easy to read and navigate web site. It takes a lot of planning and quality control to get it right.

I'll contact him.

No email notification yet. (which I was going to point out as a membership benefit to a bunch of our new members :( )

I hope this get worked out and soon! It gets tiring checking in to see if results have been posted. :sick:

And while I'm at it... Why is self service match squadding located under CLUB SUPPORT? Seriously what am I missing? I never would have found it if a friend wouldn't have told me where it was. :wacko:

When I go to member support ->classification lookup, the page says "last updated 2/9/11". But when I get to my personal profile, it says my "Data on Web" was updated 1/12/11. Which is correct? I'm looking for a classifier I shot in January, so if the member support page is correct, I'm missing a classifier. If the member profile is correct, it just hasn't been posted yet.

On a related note, is there still a page to look up submitted classifiers by club? I can't seem to find it.

BB

Edited by bbbean

i can understand the self squadding under the Club area. Its something that makes the job of the MD (or whoever at the club running the match) a bit easier by allowing people to change themselves to a different squad instead of having to deal with 50 email requests.

Most of the major things I need to find are pretty easy to locate. I do wish the email thing would get fixed soon though. scores for my last match had been posted and I didnt know it for a couple of days.

When I go to member support ->classification lookup, the page says "last updated 2/9/11". But when I get to my personal profile, it says my "Data on Web" was updated 1/12/11. Which is correct? .

BB

I was wondering the same thing since I am trying to make sure my classification hits before TX Open and before I sent out apps to Space City and Double Tap.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I am being slow, but I can't find a password that works for that link (for top 20.) Where can I find that?

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Are you needing the USPSA members password for the site?

If you're a USPSA member, contact HQ. They can help you with that.

If not yet a member, I understand the membership rates are quite reasonable.

Maybe I am being slow, but I can't find a password that works for that link (for top 20.) Where can I find that?

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Are you needing the USPSA members password for the site?

I sent him a PM - he is a USPSA member, but it is the "Old" website and wanted an old password - not the same as the new site.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Colymbia SC

I sent him a PM - he is a USPSA member, but it is the "Old" website and wanted an old password - not the same as the new site.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Colymbia SC

Cool.

Thanks, Linda.