Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Election Results

Charles Bond

Thank you. I would like to thank all that voted in this election. Thank you to the members who have not only made me who I am today, they helped me get to where I am now. A promise used to mean something, a handshake was better than a contract. In our world today, our sport and our daily lives it means more than ever. Thank you Area 8 I am proud to serve at your leisure. Hence a title is no more than the people that built it and or it will ever be. H!

Hi Harry,

Congratulations or condolences, whichever is appropriate. Time will tell :devil:

Your fellow BOD member for one more year.

Gary

Thanks Gary, I look forward to working with you, worst case, at least for the next year. LOL! :cheers:

merged

The ballots for Area 6 Director and Area 8 Director have been tabulated and the results are as follows:

Area 6:

Linda Chico 540 62%

Bill Noyes 337 38%

Total Valid Ballots

Received 877

Invalid Ballots Received 6

Total Ballots Sent 2,961

Response Percentage 30%

I guess it is official? Congrats to Linda Chico!

DVC,

Sandro

merged

The ballots for Area 6 Director and Area 8 Director have been tabulated and the results are as follows:

Area 6:

Linda Chico 540 62%

Bill Noyes 337 38%

Total Valid Ballots

Received 877

Invalid Ballots Received 6

Total Ballots Sent 2,961

Response Percentage 30%

I guess it is official? Congrats to Linda Chico!

DVC,

Sandro

what was area 8's numbers ?

The response percentage from Area 8 was exactly the same as Area 6 with 30% responding. In the Area 9 election Sedro mailed out 1560 ballots and received back 462 of which two were invalid.

The better question is why are we electing an area director from a geographic area which has 1560 members and a director from an area next to it that has 2961 members? Are those members in Maryland, NJ, Virginia and Deleware and PA twice as valuable as those from the southeast? One can not imagine that voters would tolerate a set of congressional districts where the population was this severely out of balance.

Maybe we elected a "New" area director because we only have 1560 members and limited places to shoot. Not saying Alan didnt work at it each and every day, but sometimes new ideas come with new people

You also have to look at Area 8 being partially behind the iron curtain compared to Area 6 being all free states, just alot more handgun shooters. I can only imagine Area 7 which is completely behind the iron curtain is even lower.

The US does tolerate such a system. Its called the Senate, each area (state

) has the same representation so one geographic area doesnt take over.

The response percentage from Area 8 was exactly the same as Area 6 with 30% responding. In the Area 9 election Sedro mailed out 1560 ballots and received back 462 of which two were invalid.

The better question is why are we electing an area director from a geographic area which has 1560 members and a director from an area next to it that has 2961 members? Are those members in Maryland, NJ, Virginia and Deleware and PA twice as valuable as those from the southeast? One can not imagine that voters would tolerate a set of congressional districts where the population was this severely out of balance.

Since USPSA itself created the Area's, ask them (or ask yourself as you are a member of the BOD). Should we start gerrymandering areas now? Heck, I get a ton of shooters into the Western PA Section from Ohio and West Virginia and they are Area 5. They are not able to vote in the A8 election because of the boundary lines.

So they shoot more in A8 than A5, but can only vote in A5. Let's not confuse people who vote with people who shoot.

I never said there should be 50 area directors, You stated voters wouldnt tolerate unequal representation, I stated they would and do under the Senate system which is a representation based on geographic lines, Nothing wrong with the way it is now, The Areas have different issues with laws, land masses, population densities, cultures etc etc, In order to go to a population based Areas we would need to redraw the lines constantly, doing nothing positive and only creating confusion. A major change like that should only be undertaken if it is somehow going to make the sport better or bigger, Not sure if this was ever presented to the BOD, but I would express to my area director not to mess with the Area borders. This is getting off topic from the original thread, I have some thoughts I'd like to explore along this topic and will start a new thread.