Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Zero Bullets?

Jim Watson

I really liked HAP's, more competition and more bullet choices on the market is a good thing, although I am not much of a fan of zero's business practices and will continue to patronize the handful of companies that concentrate on sport shooting.

I like the Zero products, and I like doing business with them too. Its a fair price for a really good product. It is not their fault the product is very popular, and people buy everything as soon as the dealers have product in stock… I am sure they also work with OEMs which is what supports the fix cost of any company. It just business…

I did a local buy in last time, and my order was shipped within 30 days.

DVC,

Sandro

Edited by Sandro

I like the Zero products, and I like doing business with them too. It’s a fair price for a really good product. It is not their fault the product is very popular, and people buy everything as soon as the dealers have product in stock… I am sure they also work with OEMs which is what supports the fix cost of any company. It just business…

DVC,

Sandro

Not that I blame them, but their availability went to near zero right after they signed a big contract with an ammunition manufacturer. So, it may have helped control prices, but if we can't get them...well, it really doesn't matter much. R,

I like the Zero products, and I like doing business with them too. It’s a fair price for a really good product. It is not their fault the product is very popular, and people buy everything as soon as the dealers have product in stock… I am sure they also work with OEMs which is what supports the fix cost of any company. It just business…

DVC,

Sandro

Not that I blame them, but their availability went to near zero right after they signed a big contract with an ammunition manufacturer. So, it may have helped control prices, but if we can't get them...well, it really doesn't matter much. R,

Supply and demand. The less they supply, the more we demand....All in all, what they are doing is practicing good business pratice. Keep the supply low, less overhead, less inventory to keep track of, and keep from flooding the market, which would lower the price. But, we all know, if they would make them, they would sell....

I like the Zero products, and I like doing business with them too. It's a fair price for a really good product. It is not their fault the product is very popular, and people buy everything as soon as the dealers have product in stock… I am sure they also work with OEMs which is what supports the fix cost of any company. It just business…

DVC,

Sandro

Supply and demand. The less they supply, the more we demand....All in all, what they are doing is practicing good business pratice. Keep the supply low, less overhead, less inventory to keep track of, and keep from flooding the market, which would lower the price. But, we all know, if they would make them, they would sell....

That might be the case IF there were no good, affordable alternatives available. In keeping supply low wise customers will find the alternatives and buy their product and very probably keep buying it even if Zero bullets do become more available. This is what happened with Viht powders a couple of years ago. Shooters could not get the powders and found alternatives and many of those folks stayed with the other powders because they discovered that they would fill the bill nicely.

Pat

I've used Zero bullets since I first began reloading. But the increasingly long dry spells is becoming more bothersome. Montana Gold makes 180 JHP for.40/10mm...now if they only made a 147 gr JHP for 9mm then I'd have an alternative.

Curtis

Just loaded up a hundred rounds of the new Zero JHPs. I was waiting for 2 months for some of their old style JHPs and when I emailed them, they offered these HAP style bullets. I'm going to try them out this weekend.

The new one also appears to have almost the profile of a Montana Gold, much more squared than rounded like the old one. I wonder if they are making these or buying them somewhere and reselling them?

I've been getting great accuracy with the Precision Delta JHP's they also are similar to the XTP. I haven't been able to get Zero's in quite a while so now I'll stick with Precision Delta, and at $80/K and available.

I've been getting great accuracy with the Precision Delta JHP's they also are similar to the XTP. I haven't been able to get Zero's in quite a while so now I'll stick with Precision Delta, and at $80/K and available.

I'm not seeing where they sell JHP's (other than loaded ammo) on their website.

Anybody ever used Unique Precision Bullets?

Edited by GrumpyOne

I'm not seeing where they sell JHP's (other than loaded ammo) on their website.

You gotta call for their 124jhp. But they sell them.

Certainly looks interesting. If they come in a 115 or 121, I'd be interested in trying some...with the availability issue still in play. R,

That's why I'm looking for a bit more information. I don't see these on the web site anywhere... Intriguing to say the least and I really do wonder if they are outsourcing production.

I've got about 1 1/2 years supply of MG's in the basement but...

What's the length of the new bullets? And diameter?

Oh, 115's or 124's?

Thanks!

I'll need to measure them with the calipers when I get home but these are 125gr and .355.

I couldn't find them on the site either but the item # is R136 and there was no price difference between this and the old style JHPs.

Edited by 03k64