Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Zero Bullets?

Jim Watson

I recently ordered some 180 gr. 40's from Roze's Dist. and received them within a week. No problems there.

FWIW

Richard

PS: Have always had good luck with them...even .380's when they were hard to get.

The last time I ordered from them, they told me (on the phone) it depends on what they're cranking out at the time, i.e. they don't make all varieties all the time. If you order .40 180s when they're making them, you're fine. If you order something like 9mm 135gr...well, you'll be waiting a while. I ordered some of those 9mos ago...still waiting. 147gr FMJ's only took two months, but 147gr JHP's were a no go. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

I don't believe we will see the 135's for quite some time, and the 147 JHP's may be going out again. They were calling customers to fill orders on the 147's as they are running them now, but that run is going to end soon, and in fact may have already stopped.

Hmm, I just got 5k of Zero 125 grain, .356, jhp.

I suppose I better cut the box open to see what they look like.

If they are different, I sure hope they feed, and are as accurate as the old ones were!

• 3 weeks later...

I love Zero bullets and I have fired many thousands of them with great performance.

I understand their back log, especially with the Obama scare, but it irritates me to wait the required 4-6 weeks and then find out the bullets are not currently in production.

I always order online, it might save me aggravation to just call and see what they actually have.

I've had 6k 147 JHP's on order from PV since the first week of December... I called back in late spring to see if my order was still in their books & it was... I may call again & check to see if I can get an update, not that I'm expecting anything favorable.

I've had 6k 147 JHP's on order from PV since the first week of December... I called back in late spring to see if my order was still in their books & it was... I may call again & check to see if I can get an update, not that I'm expecting anything favorable.

Wow, I just called today to check on an order I placed in April and thought that was bad.

Adam

Wow, I just called today to check on an order I placed in April and thought that was bad.

Adam

I contacted Powder Valley today to make sure that my order from 12/09 was still in their system and it was... I was told that they have 100k of what I'm assuming are all 147 JHP's on BO, but they still have no info on when they expect to receive their order.

Alison sent me some of the new 115 grainers and I finally got to try them out.

These are six shot groups fired from 50 yards. I weighed a bunch of them and they varied from 114.6 to 115.3. The weight difference didn't seem to matter much as the 1st group was mixed weights and the second group was all of the same weight. Groups 3, 4 , and 5 were fired after 100 rounds. Groups 1 and 2 were from a clean barrel.

I compared the length of the bullet with an XTP and they are exactly the same. With my calipers, the diameter measured .3565.

I've been shooting Sierra's and these bullets are on par with them. I still need to do some chrono testing but it looks like I found a new bullet.

post-50-011209500 1287451736_thumb.jpg

post-50-033394000 1287451757_thumb.jpg

post-50-017170000 1287451775_thumb.jpg

Damn good groups Action Pistolero!!!

Thanks. I pride myself in coming up with load combinations that produce these results.

The load is my standard 4.7 grains of WST. I still need to do some chrono testing to see if I need to bump up the load. In my experience, Zeros are notorious for going slower than other bullets with the same load. Since WST is reverse temperature sensitive I will also need to heat the rounds up and see what that does to velocity. I'll play with the overall length and see if some of the sensitivity goes away. I shortened my Sierra load and velocities between hot and cold didn't vary as much.

I put in an order with Zero on 9-30-10, they arrived yesterday, 10-19-10. There was a bit of a delay on my end, as my bank (while informed prior to the order) didn't allow the debit to go thru due to their daily limit on debit purchases.

If you talk to them, you will want to be inquisitive on what is in and what is on back order...along with what might be a similar alternative. (for example, then didn't have my 9mm 125JHP's, but did have 124FMJ's)

Here is what was in and shipped with my order:

- 9mm, 115 JHP

- 40, 180 JHP

- 45, 230 FMJ

- 40, 165 TCFM

- 9mm, 125 FMJ

- 38spl, 158 JHP

I asked about the 9mm XTP style and they didn't have those in stock when I ordered.

would be tempted to see the new ones. I was looking for zero bullets when i started reloading, however could not find them in stock. Went with MG, and could not be happier... and yes, they look prettier. lol. saw some zero bullets at a gun show, finally, and honestly, was not impressed versus MG.