Flexmoney

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

"NCAA denies playing favorites

Associated Press

The NCAA defended its recent rulings in violations cases involving Ohio State and Auburn, saying it does not play favorites or make decisions based on financial considerations.

The NCAA posted a statement on its website Wednesday responding to its critics. It says "the notion that the NCAA is selective with its eligibility decisions and rules enforcement is another myth with no basis in fact.

"Money is not a motivator or factor as to why one school would get a particular decision versus another. Any insinuation that revenue from bowl games in particular would influence NCAA decisions is absurd, because schools and conferences receive that revenue, not the NCAA."

Last week, the NCAA suspended five Ohio State players for five games next season, but are allowing them to play in the upcoming Allstate Sugar Bowl."

OK, so they are found guilty, unlike some people we know, but, it's OK you can play in the Sugar Bowl and set out starting next season, assuming some of you don't enter the draft. Sure chucklehead, no bias at all.

The NCAA lost all credibility a long time ago. The schools need to just get together (especially in the Big Ten) and tell them to pound sand. The first thing that could happen is that Chief Illiniwek could return to where he belongs.

Either way, yesterday, I found myself wanting to be a bit of a Hawkeye fan. Iowa actually played a great game despite their mistakes.

Today it's Illini time!

That Ducks game is going to be a good one--and an important one for us 'up here'.

The Ducks have had an incredible year.

Gah, I remember the days when the Ducks were nothing, nobody, terrible. Then suddenly somebody (Phil Knight, I think) took an interest and these guys started winning games right and left. And, God, you should see the money that's been spent on facilities and amenities here for this team. You'd choke. But it sure put them on the map.

Anybody catch the Orange Bowl?

Stanford looked really good. They made an adjustment in the second half that opened it up.

I did send off a nasty gram to ESPN...for their lack of coverage...toward the end of the 2nd quarter, where Stanford was called for defensive holding (pass interference)... they never showed the replay. It looked like a conscious effort not to show it...especially after the timeout call and they showed another set of "highlights' instead of the current play. (which later results in a score).

Anybody catch the Orange Bowl?

Stanford looked really good. They made an adjustment in the second half that opened it up.

I did send off a nasty gram to ESPN...for their lack of coverage...toward the end of the 2nd quarter, where Stanford was called for defensive holding (pass interference)... they never showed the replay. It looked like a conscious effort not to show it...especially after the timeout call and they showed another set of "highlights' instead of the current play. (which later results in a score).

Didn't see the second half and was surprised at the points Stanford piled up and the final score this morning.

I've been disenchanted with ESPN for several years now. Their broadcasts are a necessary evil I suppose.

i was excited to watch the Orange bowl until i saw Gruden on the pregame. I can't stand that guy as an announcer. I get so sick of hearing that every player is God's gift to football on every play. He can't go one play without commenting on how great so-and-so is or this offense is the best he has ever seen. then the next play, the opposing force is the new best. drives me up the wall watching MNF.

i was excited to watch the Orange bowl until i saw Gruden on the pregame. I can't stand that guy as an announcer. I get so sick of hearing that every player is God's gift to football on every play. He can't go one play without commenting on how great so-and-so is or this offense is the best he has ever seen. then the next play, the opposing force is the new best. drives me up the wall watching MNF.

+1.

I hope SanFran hires him and gets him out of the booth.

Sugar Bowl - Ohio State & Arkansas

I hope both teams show up and play to their potential. Here is to a great game! cheers.gif

Well...that didn't quite happen.

Usually, Ohio State spends the week before the game talking about how great the other team is...and loses the first quarter while they figure out they are pretty good too. I call that their "anti-swagger". rolleyes.gif

Then, after the half, they almost always make a game plan adjustment and play some good ball. Looks like they choose to try to sit on their lead instead...always a momentum loser.

And, Arkansas...with one of the best passers in the game...doesn't crush the advantage when Ohio State has to play 4th string defensive backs...?

Ohio State needs to take lessons off of VT with regards to special teams.

Did I mention that I've played poker with the backup QB for Ohio State?

Sugar Bowl - Ohio State & Arkansas

I hope both teams show up and play to their potential. Here is to a great game! cheers.gif

Well...that didn't quite happen.

Usually, Ohio State spends the week before the game talking about how great the other team is...and loses the first quarter while they figure out they are pretty good too. I call that their "anti-swagger". rolleyes.gif

Then, after the half, they almost always make a game plan adjustment and play some good ball. Looks like they choose to try to sit on their lead instead...always a momentum loser.

And, Arkansas...with one of the best passers in the game...doesn't crush the advantage when Ohio State has to play 4th string defensive backs...?

Ohio State needs to take lessons off of VT with regards to special teams.

Did I mention that I've played poker with the backup QB for Ohio State?

Probably gave him a car, gun, and tatoo for free as well, didn't you? :roflol:

Go Arkansas! :cheers:

The Big Ten has now at last got a good football team.....NEBRASKA! :roflol:

Laugh all you want, Grumpy, but the fact remains that Nebraska's still picking up the pieces from the Callahan era and we've brought the team to down in the dumps and the laughing stock of the big 12 to a bowl game and a chance at some major wins. We've got a great defense, now all we need is a decent offensive coordinator....would someone out there please hire Shawn Watson.

Go Arkansas! :cheers:

The Big Ten has now at last got a good football team.....NEBRASKA! :roflol:

Laugh all you want, Grumpy, but the fact remains that Nebraska's still picking up the pieces from the Callahan era and we've brought the team to down in the dumps and the laughing stock of the big 12 to a bowl game and a chance at some major wins. We've got a great defense, now all we need is a decent offensive coordinator....would someone out there please hire Shawn Watson.

I'm not laughing at Nebraska, but the rest of the Big Ten. They are actually gonna have to play some football now. I have the utmost respect for Nebraska. Tom Osbourne was a great coach!

TCU made the greatest business and football decision out of any non-AQ schools, joining the Big East for 2013. They are going to completely wreck the conference for the next 5 years after they join.

Anyways, Go Ducks. Apparently, ESPN has been reporting Cam Newton is 15ft tall, 500lbs, and plays both way, the rest of the auburn tigers squad is just 12ft tall.