Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

College Football - 2010-2011

Flexmoney

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife made the comment about the Under Armour cleats they advertised that would be available to the public this season...she said if they didn't grip any better than they are no one will want them....

Edited by DrawandDuck

My wife made the comment about the Under Armour cleats they advertised that would be available to the public this season...she said if they didn't grip any better than they are now no one will want them....

Oregon's cleats available to the public!?! :goof:

BCS champs. OK. National Champs? We'll never know. Hell, they don't even get a NCAA Championship trophy like EVERY other college sport does, so that should tell you something.

Edited by WDB

BCS champs. OK. National Champs? We'll never know. Hell, they don't even get a NCAA Championship trophy like EVERY other college sport does, so that should tell you something.

Who do you think should have played for the "National Championship", given that there has never been a playoff system in Div I college football???????

edited to specify which "college football" I was speaking of.....don't really keep track of the jucos

Edited by DrawandDuck

Who do you think should have played for the "National Championship", given that there has never been a playoff system in college football???????

Not true, Div. 1AA, II and III have a playoff system. I do like watching college ball but, the "Champion" is and always will be tarnished in my eyes, especially when at the end of the season there is more than 2 undefeated teams. It's all about the greenbacks boys and girls. Nothing more nothing less.

There was an awful lot of slippin' and slidin' in the first few minutes of the game. I'm convinced the soggy turf contributed to some hesitant play (as well as some botched play)... <_<

Today's front-page headline in The Register-Guard: "Oh, so close" in HUUUUGE font.

There was hardly a soul in Eugene yesterday that wasn't wearing green-n-yellow. (Well, I didn't, but only because I have zero clothing in those colors, actually.) :rolleyes:

But I look at it this way: Tied all the way up to the last two seconds meant we were pretty well matched in the first place.

On the other hand: The MONEY trail is deep and wide. We have Phil Knight (Nike) on our back porch here and he keeps shoveling mega-monies into the Athletic Department's welfare like there's no tomorrow. It's a phenomenon that's so contentious it has the town divided. But Knight's money is a juggarnaut no one can stop, so I'm not sure if it's worth complaining about. :ph34r:

Cam Newton wins the Heisman and the BCS Title and then, ala Reggie Bush, skips senior year for the pros, Theres a shocker. Enjoy while you can Auburn, you'll be getting a call in a couple years from the NCAA to return some property.

Cam Newton wins the Heisman and the BCS Title and then, ala Reggie Bush, skips senior year for the pros, Theres a shocker. Enjoy while you can Auburn, you'll be getting a call in a couple years from the NCAA to return some property.

Hmmmmm. Maybe you should change your tag line in your signature....

Money can't buy happiness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but it makes one helluva down payment!

Edited by GrumpyOne

Wouldn't You???? Lets see....risk another year playing for free, at least compared to what he will earn in the NFL, knowing that your stock will not be any higher than it is at this moment....OR take their MILLIONS........

As far as returing property....at LEAST we have some property to return IF Auburn ever has to cross that bridge.....

YES, we ARE ENJOYING IT....next year will probably suck, ask BAMA but the state has Back to Back BCS National Championships!

Edited by DrawandDuck

Wouldn't You???? Lets see....risk another year playing for free, at least compared to what he will earn in the NFL, knowing that your stock will not be any higher than it is at this moment....OR take their MILLIONS........

As far as returing property....at LEAST we have some property to return IF Auburn ever has to cross that bridge.....

YES, we ARE ENJOYING IT....next year will probably suck, ask BAMA but the state has Back to Back BCS National Championships!

As a Gator fan, I thank Auburn for continuing the now tradition of bringing home the National Championship to the SEC. Five, yes, FIVE in a row and 7 out of 13. Thank you, AUBURN!

Nick Fairley is joining Cam (NOT SURPRISING)....so top offensive and defensive players going for the dollars.......this will continue to happen as long as the BIG MONEY is thrown at them without some incentive for them to STAY....

Edited by DrawandDuck

I think Fairley will go high in the first round drafts. Maybe even first defensive player selected. Even with his obvious skills he'll need some coaching at the Pro-level, but definitely a grab for someone trying to shore up the D.

**I know he has a reputation for being a 'dirty' player, and that may be so when considered in the college ranks, but his intensity and abilities are spot-on for the NFL.

We will see him again.

gonna be a shame when the NFL has a lockout next year and these guys are stuck with nothing to do....

Probably true, but many of the guys who go early don't seem to be the type to value a college degree anyway, although I might be wrong. I can only respect Stanford's quarterback for deciding to stay another year even when he was projected to go so high in the draft and also knew he'd be losing his head coach.

Nick Fairley is joining Cam (NOT SURPRISING)....so top offensive and defensive players going for the dollars.......this will continue to happen as long as the BIG MONEY is thrown at them without some incentive for them to STAY....

Auburn just couldn't quite match that NFL money

gonna be a shame when the NFL has a lockout next year and these guys are stuck with nothing to do....

Probably true, but many of the guys who go early don't seem to be the type to value a college degree anyway, although I might be wrong. I can only respect Stanford's quarterback for deciding to stay another year even when he was projected to go so high in the draft and also knew he'd be losing his head coach.

I agree, not too much concerned with a degee. Luck and Newton come from two completly different backgrounds....below is a little background on Luck's Dad...I doubt Andrew has ever had to worry too much about money....

Oliver Luck is the athletic director of West Virginia University, his alma mater. Luck is a retired American football player who spent four seasons in the National Football League (NFL) as a quarterback for the Houston Oilers (1983–1986). He was also the first president and general manager of the Houston Dynamo of Major League Soccer (MLS). Under his watch, the Dynamo won the MLS Cup in 2006 and 2007.