Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

College Football - 2010-2011

Flexmoney

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who here thinks boise state could beat anyone in the top 10?

:roflol:

Not me. But I half hope they get to play in the BCS game. They will get steamrolled and then maybe they will just STFU when they beat 12 highschool'ish teams next time. Or at least they can go back to being ignored again.

GO BUCKS! :cheers:

Yeah, I know...I'm an Ohio buy that moved across enemy lines.

My oldest sister moved to Michigan from Ohio probably 40 years ago and she is still a huge BUCKEYE fan!!

:cheers: :cheers:

Oh yeah, not looking good for Michigan at the half.:sight::devil:

Edited by Sarge

GO BUCKS! :cheers:

Yeah, I know...I'm an Ohio buy that moved across enemy lines.

My oldest sister moved to Michigan from Ohio probably 40 years ago and she is still a huge BUCKEYE fan!!

:cheers: :cheers:

Oh yeah, not looking good for Michigan at the half.:sight::devil:

Fight the team across the field

Show them Ohio's here,

Set the earth reverberating

With a mighty cheer,

Rah! Rah! Rah!

Hit them hard and see how they fall,

Never let that team get the ball,

Hail, hail, the gang's all here,

So let's win that old conference now.

"Buckeye Battle Cry"

In old Ohio there's a team

That's known throughout the land

Eleven warriors brave and bold,

Whose fame will ever stand.

And when the ball goes over,

Our cheers will reach the sky,

Ohio Field will hear again

The Buckeye Battle Cry!

Drive, Drive on down the field,

Men of the scarlet and gray;

Don't let them through that line,

We've got to win this game today,

COME ON OHIO!

Smash through to victory,

We cheer you as you go!

Our honor defend we will fight to the end

for OHIO!

:cheers:

Who here thinks boise state could beat anyone in the top 10?

:roflol:

Not me. But I half hope they get to play in the BCS game. They will get steamrolled and then maybe they will just STFU when they beat 12 highschool'ish teams next time. Or at least they can go back to being ignored again.

they won't even be in the top 10 now. fitting.

Why all the hate for Boise State? I'm no Boise State fan but a college football fan and what they have done over the past few years as a college football team is amazing. Unfortunately, not every team can be in the SEC, Big Ten/12, or the Pac-10/ACC. Blame the University Presidents, the administrations, or the NCAA that keep them in a conference that don't live up to major college football or BCS standards. Blame the major university presidents for not scheduling non-conference games with Boise State or a Nevada team. You know why they don't.

Why all the hate for Boise State? I'm no Boise State fan but a college football fan and what they have done over the past few years as a college football team is amazing. Unfortunately, not every team can be in the SEC, Big Ten/12, or the Pac-10/ACC. Blame the University Presidents, the administrations, or the NCAA that keep them in a conference that don't live up to major college football or BCS standards. Blame the major university presidents for not scheduling non-conference games with Boise State or a Nevada team. You know why they don't.

Thats why thdy're moving to a better conference. They made enuf $ over the years beating fresno...gotta go to a bigger pond. Kinda like shooting club matches and never the nationals

Thats why thdy're moving to a better conference. They made enuf $ over the years beating fresno...gotta go to a bigger pond. Kinda like shooting club matches and never the nationals

But then again, imagine going to nationals and being told that you can't win your class because didn't compete in any area matches and only 1-2 state matches, therefore don't DESERVE to be 1st (insert class or cat.). I'm not trying to plug for BSU, but for people to think that the BCS is fair and just is ignorant. Consider this, 1A football is the only sport at the college or professional level that DOES NOT have a playoff. I love watching the college games but how they "pick" their "champions" is about American as,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well , let me just shut up now.

while a plaoff system in college football would be great, it would take a TON of reworking. how would they decide who gets what seed in the playoffs? maybe a system that ranks teams by games played, their records, etc etc....wait, we have that already. Yes, i agree that the BCS is terribly flawed at times, but simply wanting to switch to a different system aint gonna happen anytime soon. all conferences would have to be removed, schedules redone, etc. With that said, someone in the NCAA: get to work! :cheers:

Easy solution-the big 12 & the sec already have playoffs. Just have those two conference winners play each other. Arguably, most national champs come out of those conference winners anyway.

Ok, flame suit on...

Edited by outerlimits

Easy solution-the big 12 & the sec already have playoffs. Just have those two conference winners play each other. Arguably, most national champs come out of those conference winners anyway.

And that is the problem, parity (or disparity) in NCAA Division 1 schools. You can't blame a kid that would rather go to a Ohio State team than a Boise State or Indiana. Tradition plays a big part in a persons choice as well as recruiting, academics, and in some cases, the money. Most kids who dream of playing in the NFL have no desire to go to these "weak" schools/conferences. I don't know how it can be fixed.

A great many fans (myself included) are sick and tired of ESPN's endless, shameless promotion of all things Boise St...if BSU consistently played (and defeated) top 25 teams there might be something behind all the hype. Contrast the hype around Boise St to the two plus decades Florida State slogged to get the same level of national recognition (playing and often beating the best teams).

Edited by Middle Man

Congrats to Auburn and South Carolina. When it comes to a National Champion, being a Gator, I of course will pull for them, second is anyone from the SEC. So, now, go Auburn!

And South Carolina...Congrats on a great achievement and a great year, getting to the SEC Championship game, and never giving up.... I was pulling for the East, but as long as it's an SEC ream in the Nat'l Championship, the west will do...