Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2011

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, just checked in at the Pass Inn. temp about 87, beats the heck out of 103 in san angelo today!!!

That's what I'm talking about!

What time does it cool down at night??????? 87!!!! it only cooled down to 82 at my house this morning,,,

it is going to be much nicer!!! in NM

Well, just checked in at the Pass Inn. temp about 87, beats the heck out of 103 in san angelo today!!!

What time does it cool down at night??????? 87!!!! it only cooled down to 82 at my house this morning,,,

At that altitude you will probably see mid to upper 60's at dawn

At that altitude you will probably see mid to upper 60's at dawn

COLD!!!

You know,,,, hmmhmmm 50 is Freezzzzing in Texas!! :roflol:

Killed the first ratttle snake of the match today, big green mountain rattler... yech...

Earily shooters hit the stages tomorrow, if you are not shooting you are more than welcome to watch, but please stay off the stage unless it does not have a squad on it.

We setup the AR-15 challenge shootoff stage today, its gonna be a hoot! :)

See everybody soon!

.jj

Weatherunderground says it's now 79.9 in Raton. Forecast is for 56 in the morning. Glad I brought a coat !!! ROs are supposed to report in at 6:15 in the morning. Glad I'm just watching....

Given the layout of the stages, is it worth it to bring a 3-Gun cart?

No. Based on the layout of the stages it is best to bring a Jeep. :goof: Actually, if it has all terrain wheels it isn't a bad idea. You can drive to all the stages, but last year there was a 200y walk to one of the stages.

Adios,

TG

No. Based on the layout of the stages it is best to bring a Jeep. :goof: Actually, if it has all terrain wheels it isn't a bad idea. You can drive to all the stages, but last year there was a 200y walk to one of the stages.

Adios,

TG

Thanks for the quick reply Travis - one less thing I don't need to pack. Safe travels to everyone heading out in the next day or so.

Doug

My first RM3G and hitting the road early in the morning. Given the layout of the stages, is it worth it to bring a 3-Gun cart?

See ya'll there! :cheers:

A cart? This is probably the only match that where you'll hear someone ask how to get to the next stage and hear this:

Where's the next stage?

See that mountain?

Yes

Go one mountain past that and turn left. It's only about 9-10 miles from here

Adios,

TG

Thanks for the quick reply Travis - one less thing I don't need to pack. Safe travels to everyone heading out in the next day or so.

Doug

Good to go Brother!!!!! headed to the Match,,, didn't know if you were going to be able to make it!!!

Still staying in the cabin???????

For some reason our email server just dumped 30 emails (mostly about squadding which we wont answer) from the past 2 days onto my phone. (It was kinda nice actually) Does no-one realize that we are at the range, have been since last wednesday, and that getting email here is sketchy at best??? Sorry if we didn't get back to you, but we are trying to run a major match and are very busy here...

sheese...

.jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

My RO/Sponsor squad has killed 3 green mountain rattlers so far, one was coiled up on a stage and never made a noise. A few stages left to shoot.

Stage 1 is the only long walk, only a couple hundred yards at most, but up a hill, MSGT Hawkins has a real fun rifle stage waiting for you up there, so worth the walk.

Bring a raincoat!