Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2011

Hey all!

2 stages are on the ground! :) definitely gonna need yer A game... :)

Denise is re-learning how to deal with prickly pears...

More steel to move tomorrow, time for some zzzzz

jj

Holy Crap! I didn't have an "A" game when I was young! Maybe Jesse will bring his scooter and rent it out to us flatlanders. :roflol:

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse....I didn't know you actually trained. I figure it was just great talent!

Targets are usually 10" MGM Flashers out to 450 yards then they will use full size IPSC targets. I have seen smaller 12" tall micro poppers up to 100 yards.

All I can say is you better start running now as they usually have some runs that cover some distance like 100 - 150 yards and I don't mean flat ground! Oh yea, don't forget it is at 6500ft above sea level.

Another thing, the wind blows hard especially later in the afternoon so figure that too. Almost forgot, one year the 600 yard target was 400 feet above where you were shooting from.

Welcome to the Rocky Mountains! :)

Having never shot the RM3G before I am curious as to what type of targets are used for the long range rifle. I heard in the past that we will Be shooting out to 400, 500, and even 600. Just curious to know how hard I need to be training my scope.

Last year's long rifle shots were 525 and 600 yards on e-type steel targets. 10" metalman flash targets on most everything from 150 to 400 yards.

They had slugs on steel at about 110 yards last year as well.

Having never shot the RM3G before I am curious as to what type of targets are used for the long range rifle. I heard in the past that we will Be shooting out to 400, 500, and even 600. Just curious to know how hard I need to be training my scope.

Last year's long rifle shots were 525 and 600 yards on e-type steel targets. 10" metalman flash targets on most everything from 150 to 400 yards.

They had slugs on steel at about 110 yards last year as well.

Actually the real long range stage last year had R&R flash targets out to around 400 and an IPSC Metric size steel type (which I think MGM calls and E type) out at 600 yards with electronic flash attached.

See you all out there in a few weeks.

Doug

We try to use 12inch on everything over 300, under 450. The really long ones are ipsc gongs, maybe an ABC if its not so long but longer than the 12s can handle.

shotgun long stuff is 14x20, maybe a 12incher or few for the closer shots...

Pistol long stuff is ABC, and closer is 10 inch.

I set everything up with an iron sight eye, so everything is visible, to me using a scope is kinda cheating... :)

can't guarantee shadows, and I have been known to put stuff in places that is in shadows all day... :)

.jj

Trust me, if you are a iron shooter, white is the last color you want the long rifle targets to be.

We use black targets backed with bright yellow backers.

JJ

Edited by RiggerJJ

Trust me, if you are a iron shooter, white is the last color you want the long rifle targets to be.

We use black targets backed with bright yellow backers.

JJ

Thank you!

Us Blind,, cheaters,,, need all the help, I can get,,

First weekend of setup is finally finished...damn its hot!

Rifle, pistol, and pistol/rifle stages are up!

If ya thought last years pistol stage was long, you ain't seen nuttin...better bring those extra mags...

Rifle stage has 12/12 paper/steel, steel 80 - 480yds... hummmm maybe those round counts were kinda low... :)

While working on the pistol/rifle stage, Denise got nailed with a prickly pear cactus on the back of here hand while tryiing to dig up a patch of em...soooo she got even by setting up the rest of the stage... sorry....:)

Definitely gonna need your A game!

Did I mention it was hot?

.jj

If ya thought last years pistol stage was long, you ain't seen nuttin...better bring those extra mags...

Rifle stage has 12/12 paper/steel, steel 80 - 480yds... hummmm maybe those round counts were kinda low... :)

While working on the pistol/rifle stage, Denise got nailed with a prickly pear cactus on the back of here hand while tryiing to dig up a patch of em...soooo she got even by setting up the rest of the stage... sorry....:)

.jj

JJ, I'm shipping ammo....how much will we need?????

.jj

JJ, I'm shipping ammo....how much will we need?????

Well Dan, there are about 100 targets of each persuasion. If you shoot 2 on each, that's 200 rounds... this ain't your first rodeo, but if I were traveling I would bring 2x that (400) to any match. :)

.jj

109 hot like at last weekend's Texas State Limited, or 103 hot like today's 3-gun club match in Austin?

:)

Alex

That's just plain rude hot...

yeah it was, and still is. and the white plates at 225 just blended right in with the berm... fire in the general area and managed to hit 2 out of 3 (with irons) but could see the 500yd against the berm and nailed em all. go figure.

edit: what i meant to add was the contrasting backers at RM3G are much appreciated.

Edited by ken hebert

The 109 at the Texas Limited didn't seem all that bad... It hasn't rained in Breckenridge in months! It rained on Liberty Hill this morning before the match so the 103 temp was matched with at least 103 humidity! It was serious sukage.

It's not really that hot in Raton. Tops out in the 90s, and lows in the 50s at night. Much lower humidity too. I hate heat and Raton is not bad at all. It is actually passed the peak (usually in June) and on the way back down now.

See you all there...

E-Type targets?!?! You mean Rocky Mountain 3 Gun recognizes the importance of the E Zone? I wish USPSA would add it to their cardboard too!

Seriously though what's an E-Type target?

This is an E Type...MGM E Type

But this is what I really think we were shooting at... MGM IPSC Complete

Adios,

TG

Travis is right on the money! You'll be seeing at least two of these MGM targets with the Flash Targets (Strobes) that MGM now sells. They're a nice, big, sturdy target for those time when distances...well, get distancy! :devil:

See you soon!

Denise