Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2011

If anyone needs a place to stay! I have a Cabin, it sleeps 10 we have, 4 or 5, and the more people the Less $$$ for all of us.

Can't wait!

You have a PM...

I better get my plane tickets. Dang this these things just sneak up on me!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forecast does not look good for snow. sigh! probably won't be green this year, either. not much moisture.

at least no mud like Missouri. whew!

:cheers:

Sounds like it will be a cool match, temperature wise, for those of us from Central Texas. We're about 19 consecutive days of triple digit heat!

According to the National Weather Service, San Angelo is within 8 days of breaking the all time record of 100+ degree days (60) set in 1969. 90 degrees will be a welcome relief!

Is there a maximum shot size for this match? If the answer is yes... what is it? I could not find reference in the rules.

There's no maximum shot size. But, please remember, no steel projectiles means no steel birdshot as well.

See you soon!

Denise

There's no maximum shot size. But, please remember, no steel projectiles means no steel birdshot as well.

See you soon!

Denise

And no buckshot at aerial targets...

And no buckshot at aerial targets...

Buckshot???? We need Buckshot? There was no buckshot listed for required ammo. :o

NO, you do not need buckshot. Some people carry it though, and it is not prohibited. Firing at an aerial with it will get you into a bad place.

What's wrong with shooting buckshot at Arial targets?

hehehe not enough,,, shot in buck to hit,,, clays WELL<,,,,, JJ puts the Hollllly Crap in an all out shotgun stage,,,

flippers.... flyers,,, swingers,, rabbits,,, oh ya and some steeel too.

more shot more shot coverage,,, much better,,

Not to be picky, but no slugs at aerials...Sorry about that!

In fact, the stage of which Mr Morris speaks is birdshot only!

There are no buckshot targets at all. We've been thinking about it for later, but none so far in Rocky Mountain and you can feel free to leave your buckshot at home! We only have designated birdshot and slug targets for your shotgun.

See you soon!

Denise

What's wrong with shooting buckshot at Arial targets?

Um, it is in the air...

As a court endorsed ballistics expert, I'll give you a "textbook" answer first. For a 12 gauge @ 1200 fps, the maximum fallout range of #8 shot is 198 yards with a Tv of 82 f/s. The maximum range of 00 buck is 726 yards with a Tv of 140 f/s.

In a practical sense, at RM3G, you can not see 4/10ths of a mile, and we don't close down the whole place. Your shot could fall on another range, hikers, a road etc. The #8 shot Tv is below the skin penetration threshold while the 00 buck Tv is above the skin penetration threshold. The skin penetration threshold is variable given the variety of parameters.

For comparison, #2 shot (also at 1200 fps mv) has a maximum range of 330 yards and a Tv of 99 f/s which is below the skin penetration threshold.

Edited by MarkCO

4s, 5s, 10s, 12s, whatever birdshot size is your pleasure is fine. There are NO buckshot targets, so there is NO need to shoot it. steel will fall with normally used loads, as long as your put enough of the payload on the target...

jj