Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2011

we are getting close. can you say aerobic fitness? (what is that?) oh, well. 6800 feet above sea level and this year's stages are all uphill. whoo-whoo!

:cheers:

Don't exaggerate! No more than 8 of the 9 stages are uphill! :devil:

There's that one that's uphill shooting and going back to the start! :roflol: (Uphill both ways!)

Bwahahahaha! :goof:

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it's all fun & games until someone Vapor Locks running one of these stages and dies. . . . .

Of course then this match enters permanent Legendary Epic status and will be harder to get into than it already is.

And I don’t think we want that to happen, . . . (not someone dying on the field of play. . . I would like to go out on the UL&SC” command . . . . .no we don’t want the match to be any harder to get into.

Dan, if Denise will put our squads close together, or hook up with me before we start, I can bring you whatever shotshells you need. (im driving)

It's great to have friends all over the country! :cheers:

It's even better to have GREAT friends all over the country! :cheers:

As long as all goes well, we'll have a few pick-up guns. As long as they work they way we have planned! Maybe a couple surprises! :devil:

The plan is to have Machine Gun Tours set-up again, so you all can go full auto and spend some money! :rolleyes:

Don't forget: We have the Trijicon Shooter's BBQ/Junior Benefit - so you can spend some money on tickets for doorprizes!

We have collections for Wounded Warrior, too!

AND: The AR15 Targets Challenge Shoot-Offs will be there and you can use your own guns and ammo to challenge your friends for just $10 each. (Money goes to RM3G to defray expenses for many things, and to the NRAWC Adventure Camp!)

So, bring that money...we have places for you to spend it to win fabulous prizes, shoot some more and support fabulous charities!

Denise

Don't forget: We have the Trijicon Shooter's BBQ/Junior Benefit - so you can spend some money on tickets for doorprizes!

Denise

but Maurice and Sharon Griffin are now barred from this right? <_<

I think they can still eat. Maybe if you give them your money to buy your tickets for you...

Obviously, half the funds go to the NRA Whittington Center's Adventure Camp, and what was that other one?????.......

Oh yeah! The MGM Junior Camp!!! MGM has taken on the camp all by themselves now, and in fact will be July 22-24 this year, which is before Rocky Mountain, so I promised them we'd raise them some money!!! I know 3-gunners are incredibly generous, so I know we can count on you!

Thanks,

Denise

Anybody have any thoughts or ideas on some daily activities for my non shooting wife during the day in the surrounding area? It looks pretty remote out there.

For those of you not staying at lodge what hotels do you stay at?

Jesse,

I'm staying at the Motel 6. But, when I made my plans, my wife wasn't going to join me. Now she is coming to the match. Getting laid off gave her extra vacation time. :wacko:

There's hiking to be had, but not off the roads at Whittington because we're shooting, but it's beautiful there!

There's supposed to be a small museum in Raton.

There's a great Sporting Clays, Skeet, 5-stand and Trap area at Whittington!

Sante Fe and Taos are relatively close for day trips.

Spending quality time together helping reset the stages?!?!?!? :roflol:

Reading, relaxing, watching the wildlife...okay, that's all I've got!

Denise

The drive to Taos is very nice, the ladies love Taos, very easy to spend a truck load of cash. hi 64 south from the center is not so great but after the turn on to 58 at Cimarron it gets good. She could get side tracked at Eagle Nest , but that was too silly bussy for us. Taos would end up being two days for her , even a guy would not go crazy walking the Artzy stuff for hrs.

Santa Fe was too crazy for me/ us

most of us don't get the thrill of Raton Pass any more , but that is a close drive and most flat-landers get a kick out of it

I had a friend tell me the Volcano nat monument East of Raton was good = thats only 30 miles

Edited by AlamoShooter

My wife and I are staying at the Raton Pass Inn, Janet is a real nice lady and the rooms are clean and reasonably priced. I noticed that the Shuler Theater has performances Thrus, Fri, and Sat. nites.

The wife and I would take our two dogs to the RM3G for our yearly family vacation. We would drive the motorhome and stay at the campgrounds at the Whittington Center. We would spend our off time walking the back roads with the dogs, then have a couple while grilling supper.

Beautiful scenery and very relaxing. One of the few vacations where I really didn't want to come home and get back to work.

The wife and I would take our two dogs to the RM3G for our yearly family vacation. We would drive the motorhome and stay at the campgrounds at the Whittington Center. We would spend our off time walking the back roads with the dogs, then have a couple while grilling supper.

Beautiful scenery and very relaxing. One of the few vacations where I really didn't want to come home and get back to work.

I wouldn't recommend walking the backs roads during the match. A lot of this match is shot on those back roads and areas normally closed. It could be possible to wander into a stage if you aren't really careful. After the match it would be a great place to look around.

Listen to J-Ho! He's a smart man...about walking, anyway! :roflol: I won't say a thing about his parking skills...whoops, just did!

I am SUPER PSYCHED to announce we just signed up our 100th sponsor...wait for it...

We want to welcome Benelli USA to Rocky Mountain 3-Gun sponsorship! :cheers:

Thanks again to all our sponsors, and I will announce all 100 of them at the match.

Special mention to JP Enterprises, who we can never forget...Trijicon for the BBQ/Junior Benefit...Ergo Grips for the Junior Shoot Off Cash Prizes and ALL of the very generous sponsors who support 3-Gun and help it grow! Check them out on our website!www.rm3g.com

Thanks so much for all your generosity and support! :bow::bow:

Edited by Benelli Chick

Denise

but Maurice and Sharon Griffin are now barred from this right? <_<

I think they can still eat. Maybe if you give them your money to buy your tickets for you...

We would be glad to purchase tickets on the behalf of others wanting a guaranteed win... and our fee is very reasonable! :)