Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 USPSA Area 6 Handgun Championship

The Area 6 squad lists for all shooters registered (Friday included now) are posted at www.LChico5u.com/squadding.pdf

If you sent me a request & I overlooked it, please call me or email. In some cases, the people you wanted to shoot with are in different time schedules.

For those of you in squads 21 & 22, I had multiple overlapping requests and could not create a squad with 23 people in it. I will be happy to do direct swaps from 21 to 22 and from 22 to 21 as long as the number of shooters in the squads stays the same. I talked to Andrew Cutler & he will be working on a list of swapping some of those shooters.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 Area 6 Match Director

803-629-7095

Edited by LChico

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANY WEATHER beats Ohio weather! :roflol::rolleyes:;)

Bro.. The temp gauge in my truck said 97 Saturday during setup. No Breeze and humidity out the roof.... Bring plenty of water, gatorade, and a case of sunscreen... my shoulders are burnt to a crisp!!!!

Bro.. The temp gauge in my truck said 97 Saturday during setup. No Breeze and humidity out the roof.... Bring plenty of water, gatorade, and a case of sunscreen... my shoulders are burnt to a crisp!!!!

There WAS a breeze - your ears were blue. I assume you didn't point the power sprayer at your head. And I am amazed that you managed to sunburn through a layer of blue paint. :roflol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

There WAS a breeze - your ears were blue. I assume you didn't point the power sprayer at your head. And I am amazed that you managed to sunburn through a layer of blue paint. :roflol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I guess you are right.... the breeze must not have been cooling me off due to the paint acting like an insulator... and exactly how i managed to get burnt through all that paint????? I have absolutely NO idea... but i did... Just my shoulders... but they are blistered a bit...

I regret to advise you that the small case I was going to take care of before I left for the match today went all day and will likely take most of tomorrow forcing me to withdraw from the match. I will miss seeing everyone and especially my honey bunny....

Charles Bond

I shot production on Friday too. Great match, but tough weather to shoot it in one day. There is couple of the tricky stages. Someone said results were at the club house, but haven't got chance to look at them. Hope Linda will post them somewhere, but she is very busy.

... but she is very busy.

Yep, such is the life of a match director! I'm sure it'll be a good show.

Clarification for all: I MEANT NOTHING SNOTTY IN ANYTHING I'VE ASKED OR SAID ABOUT THIS MATCH! If anyone has construed it otherwise, that is unfortunate and I apologize for not crafting my words carefully enough to avoid such confusion. I've seen 6 of these matches up close and personal, I know what goes into them, and I am confident Linda and her people will put on a great event. She and I talked about the match at the 2011 Alabama. Area 6, both the match and the USPSA region, are in good hands. :cheers:

Edited by wgnoyes

i got 12 hours drive, but i'm starting the drive home after i leave the match sat eve and i'm doing it solo. i have to be home in time to take a final due sunday midnight. d'oh!

You're at the range as I type. I empathize with you on the school work. In the past 2 weeks I had 2 mid terms and in the next 10 days I have 2 term papers and a case study due. But you have to take time for the fun! Now I have to get back to one of the term papers. :(

Yes yesterday the RO you started with moved with you all day stage to stage.

I actually like that. They get to know you, how you move, how you shoot, and react accordingly. And, you also know how they will move, where they will move to, and exactly what their commands will be, after the first stage or so. Not that all commands shouldn't be the same, just in a different voice. I just think it is consistent.

I had thought of shooting this match, months back, but my schedule is so weird, that there is no way I will commit to any match....And it's a good thing I didn't...The companmy sent me out of town...I'm in Frederiksted, St. Croix, USVI typing this now.

Edited by GrumpyOne