Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 USPSA Area 6 Handgun Championship

This is going to be another great match. It's going to be a tough one for me...driving 12plus hours to visit family on Thursday, then driving another 2-3 hours to the range on Friday. Shooting all day Saturday and then driving back to visit with family after the match. Man I'm tired already...

I can't wait!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to "Florida Open 2011" in this thread and pull up post 130 and you will see the new bays at Universal Shooting Academy.......all 30 of them :cheers:

Here's the link Charles was referring to. It shows the layout of the new bays, including the 1 HUGE bay at the very bottom of the pic (South most bay).

Also there is a video that Sandro posted last night with some video footage of the bays, and an interview with Manny Bragg. ;)

Link to Universal SHooting Academy satellite picture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndN3vrjE2Rk

Do we have ANY IDEA how full this match is yet?

At this time last year for the 2010 match, we had 206 people signed up. Where are we this year?

158 not counting staff or sponsored shooters

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Director

2011 USPSA Area 6 Championship

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Director

With the new higher number of stages being offered I would have thought that more would have been registered by now. Is there any reason anyone is not coming?

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Director

With the new higher number of stages being offered I would have thought that more would have been registered by now. Is there any reason anyone is not coming?

Besides you, who is not coming? When you add in the sponsored shooters and the nearly 60 on staff, I think we are pretty close to last year. If you do plan to attend, the application is posted. I still have openings in all time schedule options, although Saturday only is filling fast.

And the match has 12 stages - the same as last year. When I assumed the Match Director's duties in October, the contract with Universal Shooting Academy had already been signed and specified 12 stages. During my first site visit in November, we were not sure the additional bays would be completed in time for the Area 6 match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Director

Edited by LChico

Besides you, who is not coming? Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Director

Why do you assume I am not coming? If you have not received my entry let me know.

I have not received an application for you. That is why I said "If you do plan to attend, the application is posted. I still have openings in all time schedule options, although Saturday only is filling fast."

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Director

Edited by LChico

Just received my latest issue of Front Sight and and there is no ad for the match so those who are not on this forum have no notice of the match. In order to fill this match we need to get the word out to every section and every club the specifics of the match and the need for applications and where to mail them. Help us out and talk it up at your club and your friends. Instead of coming home and telling your shooting pals what they missed, tell them now that they are going to be sorry if they do not get registered.

Just received my latest issue of Front Sight and and there is no ad for the match so those who are not on this forum have no notice of the match. In order to fill this match we need to get the word out to every section and every club the specifics of the match and the need for applications and where to mail them. Help us out and talk it up at your club and your friends. Instead of coming home and telling your shooting pals what they missed, tell them now that they are going to be sorry if they do not get registered.

Haven't seen the new front sight yet but the match is listed on the USPSA site http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-match-listing.php so saying someone has to be on this forum to know about the match is not accurate. :closedeyes:

The list of matches has been posted on a couple of other websites. I am sure that if someone wants to shoot Area 6 they will be able to find out about it.

Really seems like there is something else going on here with the post we keep seeing, why not just PM it or email it.

Attitude

Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.

No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.

Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

The list of matches has been posted on a couple of other websites. I am sure that if someone wants to shoot Area 6 they will be able to find out about it.

Really seems like there is something else going on here with the post we keep seeing, why not just PM it or email it.

Attitude

Well said! :cheers:

Attitude

Look, I know Charles well enough that I don't think for a minute his comment was a slam.

He stated a simple fact (that it isn't on USPSA.org's match calendar), and then encouraged people to get the word out.

Sounds supportive to me.

Attitude

Look, I know Charles well enough that I don't think for a minute his comment was a slam.

He stated a simple fact (that it isn't on USPSA.org's match calendar), and then encouraged people to get the word out.

Sounds supportive to me.

OK, maybe that was directed at the wrong person. Just seems like there is a little too much sniping going on that doesn't need to be on the thread.

I wish the match directors the best of luck and hope that it fills up and also hope that I can some how figure out how to make it down for this one

Attitude

Sounds supportive to me.

It seems to me that it IS on uspsa match calender and i just read my front site and guess what:

post-14156-064380100 1299038032_thumb.jp

I had a great chat with Linda this evening and this match is getting good response without a Front Sight ad.

As those of you who are from Area 6 know, Linda has my total support as AD and she certainly knows that she is one of my favorite people with whom to completely discharge a cell phone battery.

Hotel reservations made and match registration in the mail. This will be my first Area 6 match and I'm really looking forward to it. I just shot the Open in Frostproof and I'm looking forward to going back.