Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 USPSA Area 6 Handgun Championship

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked my plane tickets for Area 6. $99 down, and $99 back. Nonstop flights both ways ...... it's gonna be a wonderful, glorious, relaxing 2 hour drive ... err I mean flight to Florida! I can't wait. B)

Your airfare was one of the reasons hosting the match near Orlando was so attractive. Now just wait and see what a great deal you can get on a motel...

The Area 6 Match will be great. I have already committed to the Larue 3 gun, so I won't be shooting it this year. But I shot the Florida Open there this year, and the courses were great, the facilities are great, and there is great deal of new stuff going on at that range. With Frank Garcia and Manny Bragg on hand at the range with their great staff, and the Match Directors veterans of many Area 6 Matches, and then great Linda Chico, our AD and great statistician there, I am sure this will be a great match. There are many hotels in the area-Green Gables, Holiday Inn, Super 8, etc., great area. Come on down.

Just booked my plane tickets for Area 6. $99 down, and $99 back. Nonstop flights both ways ...... it's gonna be a wonderful, glorious, relaxing 2 hour drive ... err I mean flight to Florida! I can't wait. B)

Your airfare was one of the reasons hosting the match near Orlando was so attractive. Now just wait and see what a great deal you can get on a motel...

I have no idea what hotels around there go for .... I've got a friend of a friend who lives in the Whidden Mobile Home Park just around the corner from the range. He's been gracious enough to let us stay with him during the match again this year, so I don't think I'll be able to enjoy any of your fine motels this year Charles. B)

Still looking forward to this match like a kid on Christmas! :cheers:

One of us needs to win the lottery, and build a Holiday Inn and an Outback in Frostproof proper...That would make the range much more attractive :)

I would hate to see urban decay visit Frostproof and adversely affect the Frostproof Diner and Seven Gables Motel....

I have no idea what hotels around there go for .... I've got a friend of a friend who lives in the Whidden Mobile Home Park just around the corner from the range. He's been gracious enough to let us stay with him during the match again this year, so I don't think I'll be able to enjoy any of your fine motels this year Charles. B)

Still looking forward to this match like a kid on Christmas! :cheers

I am in much the same situation with a friend that lives on the edge of an orange grove. Depending on which way the wind is blowing, the only thing you hear are roosters crowing or maybe if your really lucky the far off sounds of an irrigation pump.

One of us needs to win the lottery, and build a Holiday Inn and an Outback in Frostproof proper...That would make the range much more attractive :)

You can get a better steak in Frostproof now than you will find at Outback.

I would hate to see urban decay visit Frostproof and adversely affect the Frostproof Diner and Seven Gables Motel....

LOL...

Everyone hates urban decay until they want a sausage egg mcmuffin at 0630 Sunday morning before they shoot the match, only to find out the McDonalds in Frostproof doesn't open 'till 7.

You just gonna throw that out there, or are you gonna share?

I'd love to eat in Frostproof, but I have tried all the places I could find and didn't end up with a very good meal.

Coach: Sorry your Outback sucks. Ours is great in Tallahassee. I have had a number of pretty expensive steaks (and was always disappointed), and for the money, Outback can't be beat (in my opinion). It may not be the best quality steak, but for 13 bucks, the OB Special is a darn good meal.

You just gonna throw that out there, or are you gonna share?

I'd love to eat in Frostproof, but I have tried all the places I could find and didn't end up with a very good meal.

Coach: Sorry your Outback sucks. Ours is great in Tallahassee. I have had a number of pretty expensive steaks (and was always disappointed), and for the money, Outback can't be beat (in my opinion). It may not be the best quality steak, but for 13 bucks, the OB Special is a darn good meal.

They were out of the Melbourne

I can second the approval of the family restrauant in Frostproof. In two days I had four meals there...cheeseburger lunch...ribeye supper.....cholesterol 300+....but it's good food and I burned it off at the range. Breakfast rocks too.

Frank usually has a vendor offering breakfast at the range for the Florida Open. I would think he would have the same vendor present for this match as well. That information should be available when you pick up your packets.

As to the Family Restaurant in downtown Frostproof, they usually open in time to eat before the match starts. Last time I was there Frank's father in law was the first one there and usually helped make the coffee.

Frank usually has a vendor offering breakfast at the range for the Florida Open. I would think he would have the same vendor present for this match as well. That information should be available when you pick up your packets.

I'm not complaining!!! But don't wait till you get to the match for coffee or breakfast. At the open this year we were on the 3rd stage of the day before the coffee was ready. This was after Micky D's was still closed. Just a heads up.

family restaurant in downtown Frostproof

nice size Ribeye, potato, veggie and salad bar for fourteen bucks

no tablecloth or booze

I did want to try that place. I recon i'll try it now that someone can confirm the food.

I'm surprised - 'Saturday Only' was filling the fastest - I was sure it would fill first. However, out of the last 35 applications, 20 were for 'Saturday PM plus Sunday AM.' It is now full.

Still a handful in 'Saturday Only,' about 15 openings in 'Saturday AM plus Sunday AM,' and PLENTY of openings on 'Friday Only.'

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 Area 6 Match Director

I'm surprised - 'Saturday Only' was filling the fastest - I was sure it would fill first. However, out of the last 35 applications, 20 were for 'Saturday PM plus Sunday AM.' It is now full.

Still a handful in 'Saturday Only,' about 15 openings in 'Saturday AM plus Sunday AM,' and PLENTY of openings on 'Friday Only.'

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 Area 6 Match Director

How many do we have registered to shoot including staff?

stages look great! I wish I could make this match.

I will try Outback in Florida next time I am there. Everyone I have been to hear in Indiana sucks to varying degrees. I did eat at a good one in Atlanta once.