Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But the insects don't have any reason to sting you. It's like being afraid of wolves or mountain lions.

Heights, spiders, bees... c'mon, you're holding out on me. Tightloop, don't be afraid to admit you're afraid of clowns.

I'm afraid of losing my temper...so I repress it...and repress it...and repress...and repress my precious temper...repress my precious...yeeesss...my precious...precious...precious...precious...

must..not..throttle..bad hobbitsess...

post-20-1075346800_thumb.jpg

- Big spiders (small ones up to 2" don't bother me)

- Sharks (actually, that's one of those phobias I can invoke by thinking about it too much. I won't go near dark water when I think of Jaws)

- Saw a documentairy once about the African naked mole rat (Heterocephalus glaber). They have a queen that breeds underground. She swells up (up to the point where the skin almost becomes transparant) and gives birth to about 25 little ones. That really gave me the willies :o

- Saw another documentairy about Surinam toads (Pipa pipa) (yes, I really like wildlife documentairies :) ) After mating the female toad will carry the eggs IN her back (yes under the skin)

I'll quote some stuff I found on the net:

"Amplexus takes place over a period of days (the exact period varies). Afterwards the eggs sink gradually into the female's back, and the skin pad solidifies to a kind of stiff crust with "windows" over the eggs.

The developed froglets are visible inside their pockets for several days before hatching. They emerge over a period of days, thrusting their head and forelegs out first, then struggling free."

Soooo, what are my phobias? Mostly gross stuff combined with small animals

- Big spiders (small ones up to 2" don't bother me)

- Sharks (actually, that's one of those phobias I can invoke by thinking about it too much. I won't go near dark water when I think of Jaws)

- Saw a documentairy once about the African naked mole rat (Heterocephalus glaber). They have a queen that breeds underground. She swells up (up to the point where the skin almost becomes transparant) and gives birth to about 25 little ones. That really gave me the willies :o

- Saw another documentairy about Surinam toads (Pipa pipa) (yes, I really like wildlife documentairies :) ) After mating the female toad will carry the eggs IN her back (yes under the skin)

I'll quote some stuff I found on the net:

"Amplexus takes place over a period of days (the exact period varies). Afterwards the eggs sink gradually into the female's back, and the skin pad solidifies to a kind of stiff crust with "windows" over the eggs.

The developed froglets are visible inside their pockets for several days before hatching. They emerge over a period of days, thrusting their head and forelegs out first, then struggling free."

Soooo, what are my phobias? Mostly gross stuff combined with small animals

Dude, you've gotta stay the heck away from the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet...

Dude, you've gotta stay the heck away from the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet...

:lol:

Problem is that most of the stuff they show is great. It's maybe 5% that has a very high "eeewww-factor". But the gross stuff is etched on my retina forever ;)

:lol:

Problem is that most of the stuff they show is great. It's maybe 5% that has a very high "eeewww-factor". But the gross stuff is etched on my retina forever ;)

Then I advise never looking up "bottflies" or "screwworms".. Ever.