Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a case to hold AR and shotgun

Bought a voodoo tactical case from sportsmans guide. The shotgun barrel will stick out of the top a bit but for $50 it's a great case. The back pack shoulder straps are sweet when it's loaded down with gear.

How much is a bit? I'm thinking not being able to totally close up the case would be bad if it's a rainy match day.

Pelican from tony @ velocity shooter.

Nevermind, they're not under $100.

Then again, are you gonna skimp on a case that'll house at least a couple Gs worth of guns. ;)

Edited by spanky

I 2nd this. Might not be under 100 bucks, but it is definitely the best option.

I just picked up a pistol case from VS and I couldn't be happier.

Steve

If a soft case is ok, check this at MidWay:

MidwayUSA Sniper Drag Bag Scoped Rifle Gun CaseProduct #: 294902Manufacturer #: 550001Product Family #: 939171584

Goes on sale every other month it seems: $99.99 $64.99 Save $35.00

Then again, are you gonna skimp on a case that'll house at least a couple Gs worth of guns. ;)

Just need a case to transport the guns from stage to stage. Dudes use carts that don't protect the guns at all so :P

Safariland is making a 46" double (could be relabeling another brand) I just got for $89 with shipping included. A friend of mine won one of these at BRM3G. It holds his 24" benelli and AR comfortably. It comes with shoulder straps and has pockets to hold a pistol as well.

My 22" SLP fits in my 42" VOODOO case, which is a very good quality case, but it's no pelican or SKB.

but you have to put the shotgun in at an angle, going from diagonal corners to make it fit, and it is pretty snug. The down side to this is that the straps to hold the gun in place.

IMO, the 46" cases to to long and don't hold the AR's very well.

Another Voodoo user here (Sportsman's Guide version). Can't bee the price. Got the 46" version. Not the securist version out there, but from stage to stage, I don't use the velcro anyway.

Anyone have any experience with this Condor bag?

http://www.lifeandlibertygear.com/product_info.php?products_id=1023

I don't have that Condor bag. I have their Drag Bag. My 20" AR10 and a 24" Benelli Nova will fit in it. There are pockets on the side. It has backpack straps, a detachable single shoulder strap, handles and the drag loop. It seems to be made pretty well. I have only been using it for a year and a half though. I would buy another one.

Hurley

I have a Vodoo and it is decently made and fully encloses both my rifle and shotgun. Be aware there are two sizes and I have the longer one.

The Condor case is also well made and I would rate them the same. The only reason I have a Vodoo is I got a deal at the NRA Show.

Dave,

Let me know if you change your mind on the Pelican case. I have a brand new one that would hold a rifle and shotgun. It will be more than $100, but it is a real nice case. I think it is a model 1750. I could bring it to the match tomorrow.

Just need a case to transport the guns from stage to stage. Dudes use carts that don't protect the guns at all so :P

That looks ver similar to the voodoo tactical bag I mentioned above. Cheaper than dirt also has something similar. I originally bought 2 of the ones from cheaper than dirt. They worked good but after a year some of the seems started to unravel. I then just recently bought two of the voodoo tactical bags bevause they have carry handles, a single shoulder strap, double back pack straps, and a little padded divider so you van carry two rifles or a rifle and a shotgun without them rubbing together.

The voodoo tactical bag seems to have slightly better materials than the ones I bought from cheaper than dirt too.

I am not near the bag now but I will stuff both guns in and measure how much the shotgun sticks out for you later next week.

EDIT: after reading the other posts I may have the smaller bag or I may be thinking that my +8 tube was the part that will stick out. I actually use a wagon to haul my guns between stages but I stuck my rifle and shotgun in the bag together when I first bought it to see if it would work. I just remember some shotgun sticking out.

Edited by jtischauser

I love my 5.11 bag. I've forgotten what I paid for it, but I'm glad I bought it. Double sided for two long guns, and you don't have to open it to put the gun in it. Leave the up end unzipped, and just stick your guns in, pick it up and go to the next stage or wherever. You will not be let down with this bag, I promise. A very quality piece of gear.

If a soft case is ok, check this at MidWay:

MidwayUSA Sniper Drag Bag Scoped Rifle Gun CaseProduct #: 294902Manufacturer #: 550001Product Family #: 939171584

Goes on sale every other month it seems: $99.99 $64.99 Save $35.00

I picked up on of these. Good case and it fits my 18" AR and 22"1187 without any difficulties.

On sale now at Midway