Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Single Stack Nationals

Supershooter

Somehow, four or five stages in the morning and 10 or nine stages in the afternoon does not sound right.

My experience at SSN in the past has been there is always a backup or two. :surprise:

I do remember a couple of stages side by side in the same berm and splitting the squad in two. Maybe if they do this for 6 stages or so.

Even if we shoot for 12 hours 8 AM to 9 PM - an hour off for lunch - it just seems unreasonable.

It will be an endure test.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched a video from last year's SSN. Couple stages were only 8 shots total. 2 or 3 stages were a zero movement stages (shoot 4 targets reload shoot'em again). Those should move pretty fast.

Either way, plan on a long day. Plenty of snacks and hydration.

If you expect it to be a long, miserable day, you will probably be right.

If you expect it to be a day filled with good shooting and great people, you will probably be right.

I hope all of the B class shooters spend the next 2 weeks worried about how bad it will be shooting the whole match in 1 day. They should expect to crash and burn on the last few stages from exhaustion. ;)

Just watched a video from last year's SSN. Couple stages were only 8 shots total. 2 or 3 stages were a zero movement stages (shoot 4 targets reload shoot'em again). Those should move pretty fast.

Either way, plan on a long day. Plenty of snacks and hydration.

Corey, if you'll notice all of the 09 series classifiers are from the most recent couple of 1911 "SS" Nationals. We needed them to get out from under the LTD/L10 high hit factor. You can't build those up if you don't have a few extra standards in the match. All of the short stages you speak of became classifiers. I suspect the match organizers were asked to put an emphasis on that, and we should be thankful they did.

I hope all of the B class shooters spend the next 2 weeks worried about how bad it will be shooting the whole match in 1 day. They should expect to crash and burn on the last few stages from exhaustion. ;)

+1 I'll join in a little schadenfreude with you.

Have the stage descriptions been posted anywhere? I had a search around on their home page but I could not find them.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

lppd4, on 28 February 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

When will the stages be posted or will they be posted?

The stages will not be posted before the match. This is a semi-surprise match. The range is open for inspection starting Wednesday when the staff shoots the match.

Tell me about it. It's WAAAAY too much for any C-Class shooter to even think about. Those guys should probably just stay home...ph34r.gif

Have the stage descriptions been posted anywhere? I had a search around on their home page but I could not find them.

They'll be posted in the match booklet you get when you sign in.

BB

Somehow, four or five stages in the morning and 10 or nine stages in the afternoon does not sound right.

My experience at SSN in the past has been there is always a backup or two. :surprise:

I do remember a couple of stages side by side in the same berm and splitting the squad in two. Maybe if they do this for 6 stages or so.

Even if we shoot for 12 hours 8 AM to 9 PM - an hour off for lunch - it just seems unreasonable.

It will be an endure test.

Unless we have bad weather. Meaning rain you will all be done shooting by 4pm. 8 - 4 with lunch not a bad day at all. Plus unlike some matchs every range should have somewhere for the shooters to sit down ans rest if they need to.

14 stages in 8hr with a lunch break. Sounds like the ROs are going to be scooting us right along! after the awards thingy afterward I should still be able to make the drive home.

I was really hoping for a marathon 12 or 14 hour shooting day, well at least I can leave my chair in the truck. :roflol:

I still think it will be too much for C shooters and they should stay home with Bean. :sight:

I am one of those B shooters. :cheers:

Normally I would say no problema except I am from the southwest and 4:00 PM is siesta time. We all take a break, have some tacos and cervazas-Negro Modelo, Los Cuartes salsa.....and catch a nap.

So I guess no cervaza for my faceza on Saturday.

For a Nationals Match that starts in a week there is not alot whats going on talking....

still would like to get a round count, maybe see the stages, get an idea of what to expect

I spent some time last night loading up match ammo and then had a chance today to shoot some 40 yard targets to get zero'd in

plan on a steel challenge match this saturday and a club match sunday to finish off getting ready!!

Got the Trojan back from George Huening last week, he smoothed somethings out including the beavertail, added ambi's that he shaped down for me and added an ed brown extended mag release that is slick as snot.

Shot this gun this past sunday at a club match and everything ran smooth. He has my 70 series Colt smoothing up the beavertail and mag release in case I need a back up.

Ready to go!!

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

14 stages. No stages posted before the match. 212 rounds +chrono. Per other posts.

When will the stages be posted or will they be posted?

The stages will not be posted before the match. This is a semi-surprise match. The range is open for inspection starting Wednesday when the staff shoots the match.

Not that I am talking out of school but.............

14 stages, 212 rounds minimum, plus the 8 for chrono. That of course assumes no misses. Heeeee!

Jay

The range is in great shape. The roads have been graveled and graded, grass mowed.

For those that think we can not run this in 8 hours. The stages are not absurdly large or complicated to reset. HINT most every stage turnaround time should be 3 minutes or less.

We have 4 new shade shelters in the valley to keep the sun off you. Thank you Russ and Heinie for those. Of course there may be a fist fight about who gets to work those bottom bays now.

For a Nationals Match that starts in a week there is not alot whats going on talking....

still would like to get a round count, maybe see the stages, get an idea of what to expect

I spent some time last night loading up match ammo and then had a chance today to shoot some 40 yard targets to get zero'd in

plan on a steel challenge match this saturday and a club match sunday to finish off getting ready!!

Got the Trojan back from George Huening last week, he smoothed somethings out including the beavertail, added ambi's that he shaped down for me and added an ed brown extended mag release that is slick as snot.

Shot this gun this past sunday at a club match and everything ran smooth. He has my 70 series Colt smoothing up the beavertail and mag release in case I need a back up.

Ready to go!!

Of course it ran smooth, George had his hands on it!

My excitment is growing, looking forward to meeting alot of fellow BE members very soon!

Edited by SNSCaster2