Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Single Stack Nationals

Supershooter

Thanks for checking that out Sperman. Just out of curiousity what is that magic number? If there was enough competitors to give a class award why would that not be enough to earn a slot? I guess this is all to confusing. And if I read correctly the earlier posts claimed that this match has not sold out the last several years it should all be mute. However now that slots will be dish out by the sections how politcal will it be to get one? :cheers:

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew I was in too big of a hurry when I hit "send" on that post at work today.

There is no wording for slots based on Area performance for the SS nationals. For the "other" nationals match, slots are awarded for area performance as follows:

(this is from the 2007 slot policy revision. It is the latest I could find, but I don't know if it is the current policy being used. http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/Slot_policy_revised_3-2007.pdf)

Untitled-3.jpg

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Do I understand that an Area Match much have 50 or more SS shooters to have a class winner get a slot?

How many Area Championships had 50 or more SS shooters?

Looking at that chart and adding up numbers, it appears to apply to 5 classes. I'd guess that means everything but Singlestack.

EDIT:

There is no wording for slots based on Area performance for the SS nationals. For the "other" nationals match, slots are awarded for area performance as follows:

(this is from the 2007 slot policy revision. It is the latest I could find, but I don't know if it is the current policy being used. http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/Slot_policy_revised_3-2007.pdf)

Yeah, that document was last revised March 2007. So I don't think they had SS in mind.

For the purposes of this policy divisions are:

• Limited

• Limited 10

• Open

• Production

• Revolver

Edited by mgood

By my count there were 9 Ladies, 2 Juniors, 56 Seniors and 16 Super Seniors. Where is the equality for the shooters who have paid their dues for many years. If my figures are correct, Seniors and Super seniors made up 25% of the shooters and they are awarded two (2) slots. I have shot many Single Stack Classics and will continue to if possible. I have a friend who has never missed one, even finished second behind TGO and may not get a slot because of this back door policy. Sorry for the rant, I just don't think it is right. Bshooter

By my count there were 9 Ladies, 2 Juniors, 56 Seniors and 16 Super Seniors. Where is the equality for the shooters who have paid their dues for many years. If my figures are correct, Seniors and Super seniors made up 25% of the shooters and they are awarded two (2) slots. I have shot many Single Stack Classics and will continue to if possible. I have a friend who has never missed one, even finished second behind TGO and may not get a slot because of this back door policy. Sorry for the rant, I just don't think it is right. Bshooter

I would say that anyone who wants to shoot the match will get in somehow

When will slots get dished out to the various sections. I have talked with one section coordinator and a match director who talked to another. They have not heard anything on this. Must be top secret!

Really soon. I would think maybe next week USPSA HQ will be sending them out.

Supershooter, you stated that 250 slots will be awarded to this match. Does that mean through USPSA? There are over 350 clubs and does the activity from these clubs have to be from shooters who shoot single stack? Some clubs will have a lot of single stack shooters and some may not have any at all which means that the active clubs may receive more than one slot to the single stack nationals. If that is the case, minus the slot dedicated to past winners, there will be over 150 clubs that should not receive slots for the Single Stack Nationals. Yet you stated that anyone who wants to shoot this match should be able to get in somehow. ??????? Bshooter

Applications for the match will not be posted on the website until after all slots have either been claimed or turned back into the USPSA. That should happen by Jan 31. At that point I will (unless told by the MD -- Russell to do so earlier) post the application of the website, for Feb 1, 2011. There are 250 spots for competitors to shoot, and that number does not include the staff that will shoot on Thursday. We will not have a waiting list of shooters who want in the match prior to the expiration of the slots. I fully expect Saturday to fill up in the blink of an eye. Friday will fill up shortly after. As I understand it, historically less than 50% of the awarded slots are actually used; so there should be ample space for everyone else, provided you do not have to shoot on Saturday (but then again, Saturday has always filled quickly).

In the past two day format we have shot on Thursday and Friday, staff on Wednesday, with Saturday in reserve in case of really bad weather. Has that changed?

Yes we are going back to the orignal format. We tried the day and half for 2 years. Didn't work out as well as I hoped.