Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Single Stack Nationals

Supershooter

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read an email from my section coordinator, and he said he has not heard anything yet. So much for getting them distributed in early November. Only two months till we can send in for the wait list. Not sure about anyone else but I have to put in for my next years Vacation before the end of December. Just gonna put the dates in and wait and see. Boss gets pissy when you make changes later (except for emergency)

I really hope they don't screw up this match with these shenanigans. I don't have a local club and really never have because I've been a transient. I'll just have to hope for the best, I guess.

Not really what this means or what this is about.

Important announcement by USPSA about slots (Single Stack Nationals) posted on their website and the 1911 website. Here it is for your reading pleasure:

There was an error printed in the Nov/Dec 2010 issue of Front Sight concerning the 2011 Single Stack Nationals slot deadline.

The January 31, 2011 deadline printed on the slot form, shown on the USPSA and 1911 Society websites is correct.

Dave Thomas

USPSA Executive Director

What are the chances the 2 day format might be extended to a 3 day and an additional 100 or so shooters be added if there appears to be record number of shooters applying.

I'm just anticipating a lot of interest compared to previous years with the anniversary etc. Even now a lot of my friends are finding little or no opportunity for the few slots available in our area. At a couple local match's this past weekend there was a little panic for some very good shooters that have shot it year after year in the past.

What are the chances the 2 day format might be extended to a 3 day and an additional 100 or so shooters be added if there appears to be record number of shooters applying.

I'm just anticipating a lot of interest compared to previous years with the anniversary etc. Even now a lot of my friends are finding little or no opportunity for the few slots available in our area. At a couple local match's this past weekend there was a little panic for some very good shooters that have shot it year after year in the past.

If i had to guess....slim to none. hasnt been a sellout the past few years or so ive heard

If and it's a big if the match fills by the end of January. We may add a day. But right now I wouldn't count on it.

Russell

Edited by Supershooter

Has anyone due a slot on performance at last years SSN received it from HQ?

I believe its the performance of 2010 SSN that will earn you a slot for 2011....I haven't recieved mine yet....But I am sure they are trying to get the others out to the SC's first, the deadline is approaching fast!!

havent gotten mine in the mail yet, but I was told im on the list to get one :cheers:

I got the call a day or two ago that I got my club's slot...woo hoo!

Congrats. Looks like I'll be playing the 2/1/11 lottery since there were 17 requests for the 4 slots my section received.

Congrats. Looks like I'll be playing the 2/1/11 lottery since there were 17 requests for the 4 slots my section received.

Yeah, I was shocked more people didn't want it, since IL is close by. I said I was going to go even if that meant trying to walk on. That's probably a lot of what you're seeing...I think you're probably closer than I am. R,

Yeah, I was shocked more people didn't want it, since IL is close by. I said I was going to go even if that meant trying to walk on. That's probably a lot of what you're seeing...I think you're probably closer than I am. R,

It's about a 5 or 6 hour drive from here. Not too bad, Hope to see you there.