Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Single Stack Nationals

Supershooter

proximity to Illinois has nothing to do with it.

I had lunch with the MO coordinator on Wednesday. Chris Thomas said it was a matter of mission count/activity points. So from that we surmised that there were just not enough people shooting single stack at the Missouri local/club matches and the Fall Classic in 2010.

We kinda ran the numbers knowing that Missouri got 4, Ohio and either Kentucky or Tennessee each got 4 also. So ASSuming 4 per state...50 times 4 equals 200...and you just know that Hawaii and Alaska are not going to use up all four of their slots.

long story short....I would not fret any over getting a slot come Feb 1st. So I am with Corey Estill (steel1212) on this.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

proximity to Illinois has nothing to do with it.

I had lunch with the MO coordinator on Wednesday. Chris Thomas said it was a matter of mission count/activity points. So from that we surmised that there were just not enough people shooting single stack at the Missouri local/club matches and the Fall Classic in 2010.

We kinda ran the numbers knowing that Missouri got 4, Ohio and either Kentucky or Tennessee each got 4 also. So ASSuming 4 per state...50 times 4 equals 200...and you just know that Hawaii and Alaska are not going to use up all four of their slots.

long story short....I would not fret any over getting a slot come Feb 1st. So I am with Corey Estill (steel1212) on this.

I think you may have missed the point about proximity. I was saying that since MO is close, lots of people would probably want to shoot the match, because it's an easy drive...nothing about slots awarded etc. R,

I think the Southern states will have more mission count with single stack, basically because they shoot all year round. I still feel the slots will fill up and you will see them add an extra day. I may be wrong but I would like to see this thing really take off. It is the 100th year anniversary your know. Bshooter.

"We kinda ran the numbers knowing that Missouri got 4, Ohio and either Kentucky or Tennessee each got 4 also. So ASSuming 4 per state...50 times 4 equals 200...and you just know that Hawaii and Alaska are not going to use up all four of their slots."

for what its worth Hawaii only got 1 slot for the single stack nationals..not sure what that will to to your asumptions as to how the slots were being distributed

Richard Abe

Hawaii SC

In the past two day format we have shot on Thursday and Friday, staff on Wednesday, with Saturday in reserve in case of really bad weather. Has that changed?

Yes we are going back to the orignal format. We tried the day and half for 2 years. Didn't work out as well as I hoped.

Hi Russell,

It may be early but I have a squading question. Traditionally, squad requests for the SSC were done by sending in applications together. How can we form a squad with slotted and non-slotted shooters?

TIA,

Chuck

Chuck,

Since I do the squadding, I'll answer this and Russell can chime if he has another solution. Of course, Friday is going to be the easiest day to do such squadding, but as along as you make a clear note on your entry forms and get them within a day or two of the application from the general shooting community having access to the entry forms this should not be an issue. The large the squadding request the less likely it is to take place. I believe we are going to limit squads to 10 people and have 12 squads per day; or we could do 12 people and have 10 squads; sort of depends on the number of stages, clearance time, etc. Bottom line is that only once or twice have we not been able to take care of squadding requests and I don't see that changing due to the slots. Just remember that Saturday will go fast.

i think IN got something like 10.

In has alot of clubs therefore a lot of shooters and probably alot of SS shooters.

It's not unusual to have 12-14 SS shooters at most of the club matches I go to in Indiana.

In has alot of clubs therefore a lot of shooters and probably alot of SS shooters.

It's not unusual to have 12-14 SS shooters at most of the club matches I go to in Indiana.

not quite that many in the north half of the state, but the sectionals sure had a nice turn out!

As for squadding, is it just pick a day and go from there or will we be able to pick squad numbers via online squadding?

Chuck,

Since I do the squadding, I'll answer this and Russell can chime if he has another solution. Of course, Friday is going to be the easiest day to do such squadding, but as along as you make a clear note on your entry forms and get them within a day or two of the application from the general shooting community having access to the entry forms this should not be an issue. The large the squadding request the less likely it is to take place. I believe we are going to limit squads to 10 people and have 12 squads per day; or we could do 12 people and have 10 squads; sort of depends on the number of stages, clearance time, etc. Bottom line is that only once or twice have we not been able to take care of squadding requests and I don't see that changing due to the slots. Just remember that Saturday will go fast.

Thanks for the quick answer. As it stands now, we are only talking 3 folks. Two will have a slot and one maybe not. Thanks again.

Later,

Chuck

as far as my assumptions go on slots per state, that's right. that's exactly what they were....ASSumptions, based on averages... knowing full well that in figuring an average some states would get more slots. some would get less.

were the SC's able to see or hear what other states got?

are the mission counts posted up somewhere online for all to see?

I am curious as to how many slots Illinois got.

helps that we also held the ss/prod match with 50+ ss shooters and since it was a level II match and everyone was a uspsa member to get the bonus on the activity points.

(which by the way, it is rumored that match will be back next fall)

We have a lot of SS shooters and miscellaneous division shooters that remain loyal to SS. Friends here in the St. Louis region that will have no chance at a slot. 4 slot's mo and 4 slot's IL .

I am telling those that ask that where they may have heard in the past it was not an issue to wait this year will be dependent upon a short window.

An extra day or not decision will be very tough.

I think getting the applications out quickly will be the key. I plan on handing out the applications and telling them now or never. This is going to be a great match to participate in no matter what division or even discipline you shoot in the rest of the year.

Question about slots and squad requests:

I received a slot, but a good friend who I have squadded with at SS Nat's the last 2 years did not. Because my app is due by 1/31, and his cannot be in before 2/1, is there a decent chance a handwritten squad request with each app will be fulfilled? Or is there a different SOP for this type of request?

Question about slots and squad requests:

I received a slot, but a good friend who I have squadded with at SS Nat's the last 2 years did not. Because my app is due by 1/31, and his cannot be in before 2/1, is there a decent chance a handwritten squad request with each app will be fulfilled? Or is there a different SOP for this type of request?

Take a look at post #110 in this thread ;)

"We kinda ran the numbers knowing that Missouri got 4, Ohio and either Kentucky or Tennessee each got 4 also. So ASSuming 4 per state...50 times 4 equals 200...and you just know that Hawaii and Alaska are not going to use up all four of their slots."

for what its worth Hawaii only got 1 slot for the single stack nationals..not sure what that will to to your asumptions as to how the slots were being distributed

Richard Abe

Hawaii SC

Tennessee only got two slots.....not four.