Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Toyota joke

Bear23

:sight: What do I do- I have TWO of those

"Run Away Toyotas" :blink:

Practice this:

1. Stay calm

2. Shift into Nuetral

3. IF acceleration stops, brake to a stop (IF not look for one of those ramps)

4. Turn off ignition.

I have a Tundra, my boss has a Tundra. He figures the reason the pedal sticks is that people only accelerate a to a certain point, not wearing the pedal evenly, onlt in the spot where they stop accelerating. So, to combat this, we floor it every time we take off, wearing the pedal evenly, all the way up and down! :roflol::cheers:

I thought I read that people were unable to get their cars into neutral, like the computer wouldn't let the car go out of gear under WOT (or at least that's what people were claiming)? Neutral was my fist thought, too, until I read that somewhere...

-rvb

The reports about the Califonia Prius Incident are interesting. If for no other reason that all the finger pointing. Toyota is basicaly saying the guy staged it and the CHiP is saying they think its real. One of the latest reports says the driver did not put the car into Neutral out of fear he would miss and the car would flip if pushed into Reverse.

Having been in some major high-speed incidents, I don't ever recall that level of clear thought. More like instinctive reactions combined with thoughts of "Oh S!!t"!