Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic's new AR15 22 upper

LandLord

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just had a meeting on them today....I can tell you that we ARE building them and test firing them. There are some little legal eagle things we need to finish up on (manuals). And we have a release date. I was not sure if I can let that out yet.....but will find out tomorrow. That date is the date that we will start taking orders.....and shipping!!

Tim

We just had a meeting on them today....I can tell you that we ARE building them and test firing them. There are some little legal eagle things we need to finish up on (manuals). And we have a release date. I was not sure if I can let that out yet.....but will find out tomorrow. That date is the date that we will start taking orders.....and shipping!!

Tim

If it comes from Tim it has to be good!

I was not sure if I can let that out yet.....but will find out tomorrow. That date is the date that we will start taking orders.....and shipping!!

Tim

Can you let the cat out of the bag yet?

Can't let it out yet.....but I promise I will let you know on Monday....in this forum. No need to call, ya can't get on any list. When they get released.....everyone will know in advance on this forum, the day and the time. We'll sell all we have and then take back orders from there. We are assembling, testing and making more parts....so this is an ongoing process. We just want to make sure we have ALL our ducks in a row prior to the release date. The best info you can get will be from here or our dealer forum here on BE.

Speaking of which.....can ya help me out?? Instead of being a self proclaimed FNA (if you don't know what that is, I aint tellin). I set up a poll on our dealer forum about barrel length. Go there and check it, take the poll.....it'll help us have the right uppers in stock for you guys.

Barrel Contour Poll

Thanks!!

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

So I get a call from Mr. Darst on Sunday....he's got one of the pre-production units, giving it shake down and all.

He's got a problem.....rounds are only going about 2/3's of the way into the chamber. And he's been at a match that he did very poorly at due to this malfunction.

So asked him.....first thing....how many rounds have you shot thru this since you've cleaned it last. His reply was, "well, I haven't cleaned it yet since I got it" OK, so I asked him how many round do you have thru it.....he said "atleast 2500 rounds, some with a can on the end of the barrel, and maybe a whole lot more".

I told him , maybe....just maybe he could try a little brass brushin' love to at least the chamber end of his barrel. I'm pretty sure that'll take care of his problems. No calls since, so he musta cleaned it and it's running again.

I'd be happy with gettin 2500 rounds thru a rimfire without cleaning....and THEN start to have problems, We're getting 1000 to 1500 before we see the need for total break down (clean bolt, upper and barrel...re-oil), but not seeing any issues. I suspect that someone that actually takes care of their rifle will clean and oil WELL before that. But just incase.....it's good to know you can let them slide.

I can not state enough......buy the Black Dog 50 magazines for your 22LR upper......they are just lots of fun, they work, and last!! I know we have over 6000 rounds thru one of ours and 4000 thru another. Kevin's a great guy too, stands behind his product. We'll be shipping our uppers with 10 rounders....and trust me, you will get bored FAST with them. So stock up on the drums, you WILL :wub: them.

The magnum should be out later this summer.....still working on the pre-production units....testing and all.

We are liking what we are seeing, but we'll not release it till it is perfect and we have production up and running.

Re: INTERCEPT: electronic transmission to NORDIC COMPONENTS, INC.

"As the delivery notification says: "delivered at 5:44 P.M. (MST)."

Fit and finish appear excellent (all gun writers are contractually required to say that).

Mounted TR21-R in PRI mount on flattop: no problems.

Added sling swivel stud to handguard: no problems

Played "Believe" and sang along, knew all the words: no problem

Turned 10 rd mag into 15 rd mag: no problem (Colorado)

Cleaned and lubed w/ LSA: no problem

Test fired 10 rds Fed Blk PK (JP trigger w/ notched hammer): no problems

Planning ahead at the Mesa prize table to snag this beautiful thing: NO PROBLEM!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!

XXXX (now w/ 100% more NC22) XXXXXX" (REDACTED)

END

I expect a Nordic fest on the Pinedale Anticline on Sunday afternoon! BOTH the M,s both w/ Nordic uppers and nothing but time and lots of steel...Life is goooooooood! Kurt...the other M

Edited by kurtm

pinedale anticline is that like the opposite of the arbuckle upheaval?????

shooting steel????? yeah, right, steel chipmunks!!!!

TRaPr

Hey say they were the big mountains in north america!!

I know your ears pop every time you go over them.roflol.gif