Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Division

AikiDale

Now that we have discussed ad nauseum the philosophical implications of its existence it is time to get down to dogma on the single stack provisional division. What are you going to shoot in the new division?

I have a choice of my carry Kimber Custom with fixed sights, a stainless Colt with fixed night sights, and a Trojan with a broken STI rear sight and Fiber Optic front. The Kimber and Colt are .45 ACP and the Trojan is .40 S&W. I'm in the middle of building a new house and am too poor to pay attention right now, but as soon as the move is over and all the financing is under wraps I am leaning toward replacing the Trojan's rear sight with a Bomar and having it hard chromed for next year.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely I will be shooting my STI Trojan in .40 with Metalform 10mm mags and Blade-tech holster and pouches.

O Yea - should be a fun year.

Colt 1991 45 from - Blade tech

Optional (Minor)

CQB - 9mm / 38 Super

Kimber HD Pro Carry in Super (If allowed in Division - No Bushing)

Kimber GM SE in super

Come on 2006

Edited by Clyde

This new single stack division is one of the reason why I am going to start shooting USPSA. I always had a reason for not doing it but now I don't as I have everything that I need.

I'll be using a Springfield Loaded that has been customized by EGW and Tripp research.

Most likely I will be shooting my STI Trojan in .40 with Metalform 10mm mags and Blade-tech holster and pouches.

O Yea - should be a fun year.

Colt 1991 45 or - Blade tech

Optional (Minor)

CQB - 9mm / 38 Super

Kimber HD Pro Carry in Super (If allowed in Division - No Bushing)

Kimber GM SE in super

Come on 2006

The HD Pro Carry should be fine since the slide is less than 4.2 inches.

Now that we have discussed ad nauseum the philosophical  implications of its existence it is time to get down to dogma on the single stack provisional division.  What are you going to shoot in the new division?

I have a choice of my carry Kimber Custom with fixed sights, a stainless Colt with fixed night sights, and a Trojan with a broken STI rear sight and Fiber Optic front.  The Kimber and Colt are .45 ACP and the Trojan is .40 S&W.  I'm in the middle of building a new house and am too poor to pay attention right now, but as soon as the move is over and all the financing is under wraps I am leaning toward replacing the Trojan's rear sight with a Bomar and having it hard chromed for next year.

Will replacing the sight on your trojan actually improve your shooting? :P

Kimber Custom Tactical full size

12lb & 17lb springs

Gun Geek special trigger job (1.25lbs very little creep)

Dawson 0.090 FO front sight

Stock Kimber rear sight

Masterblaster 200gn SWC over 4.3 gn of Clays (168pf)

Ready Tactical Kydex paddle holster and mag carriers

Same rig I shoot for IDPA when I shoot CDP

I'll be shooting this thing; just so long as I am able to "git er done!" in time to participate in the new Division.

site1076.JPG

As for the rest of the rig, I ordered a Blade Tech brand Kydex holster that is convertable to a dropped, off-set holster with hardware. I opted for Blade Tech's dual magazine carriers as well (good choice?). Hope the rig arrives soon.

Here is a LINK to the build report here on be.com or cut & paste in this URL:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26647

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

A mostly-stock Les Baer Premier II in .45ACP. An S&A magwell with arched mainspring housing, and a recently installed Sprinco are the only modifications done to it. I haven't shot it with the Sprinco enough to decide whether I'll stay with that or go back to a standard guide rod and 14 lb. recoil spring.

Straight-drop BladeTech holster or Sparks Executive Companion IWB, Ready Tactical mag carriers, Wilson 47D 8-round magazines, 230 gn. Precision Bullet RN loaded at ~170PF.

Except for the magazines, it's my Lim10 rig. Add designer ammo, it's my carry gear. :D

I may try out the new division with the gun I started shooting IPSC with...

a Colt government combat in .45acp

Yes, that's right...I started life as a sister of the single stack.

It's going to my gunsmith for a tune up and a few mods...

I just gave away my old leather gear to another new lady shooter soooooo....any suggestions on replacement holster and pouches?

Edited by carinab