Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals 2005 - Open Lim10

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And look, I beat the captain of the Air Force Shooting Team (again)...I guess that means I will never be a team member  :D

Alex

Ouch! :rolleyes:

They were on the stage ahead of us, 15 at the time of the DQ, and I was told that his gun went off while he was doing a reload. Out over the berm, and if my luck would have been a little better the bullet would have found me up on stage #14 so I wouldn't have had to continued to shoot.

Alex is talking about Steve D. on the AF Team, who finished 88th Open, not Travis on the Army Team. :ph34r:

And look, I beat the captain of the Air Force Shooting Team (again)...I guess that means I will never be a team member  :D

Alex

Ouch! :rolleyes:

They were on the stage ahead of us, 15 at the time of the DQ, and I was told that his gun went off while he was doing a reload. Out over the berm, and if my luck would have been a little better the bullet would have found me up on stage #14 so I wouldn't have had to continued to shoot.

Just so. The difference is that T is a heck of a nice guy and a hell of a shooter, and...

I'll shut up now.

So, Glock sews up L10...both Male and Female National Champions. Schweeeeet... :)

Alex

Looks like Kay grabbed high Lady Open.

No, Kay took second.

Doni Spencer is the 2005 USPSA Open Ladies National Champion. :)

-Chet

PS - For those who know him, Austin's own Scott Reese took top A L-10 B)

Doni Spencer is the 2005 USPSA Open Ladies National Champion

I think Doni is Canadian, so chances are she will be "match winner", and Kay will be "National Champion". Not sure, but I think you either have to be a US citizen or have a green card to be named the US Natioanl Champ.

Bruce

i dont know about a name for dave, but his legend continues to grow. not only did he beat rob in L10, if you move his production scores (minor scoring) to L10, he also would have won (not a perfect comparison since they flipped the metric and classic targets between the 2 matches). if you get mostly A hits (and i always hear around here that you want 90-95% of the available points), minor scoring is not that much of a disadvantage...maybe no disadvantage if it allows you to pick up the speed a bit.

A note on Minor scoring. I talked to Dave during the Production match. He said that he was going to shoot the Glock 35 in Major. He said that the Major scoring would, on average, add about 2% to his score. He said that he needed it and it looks like he was dead on the money.

I also talked with Dave at PRoduction Nationals. He said he is shooting his G35, the same one he shot at Fl Open for Lim 10. There is not much done to this G35 guys. No magwell, he polished the trigger parts himself, but my Vanek is a helluva lot lighter than his, not trick work at all.

Dave said he would drop half the points in Lim10 that he drops in Production because of the Major/Minor scoring. He I was curious to see how he did and thought it would be a huge win for him to be in the top 3, but holy crap, he won it!!!! Dave truly is amazing. Watching him shoot is unreal. Also, diagnosing stages with 10 rounds compared to Limited hi cap is not the same, they is a difference. I shot Limited/Open for 10 years and made GM and have been shooting Production since Nov04 and still havent mastered the 10rd thing.

Dave said he would drop half the points in Lim10 that he drops in Production because of the Major/Minor scoring.
that was a pretty good prediction. here's how he ended up:

total points available: 1530

total points shot (Pro): 1491

total points shot (L10): 1505

but he had 4 penalties ( :o ) in L10, so i he ended up doing better with minor scoring in production.

anyone know how he shot stage 18 in L10? only a handful of open shooters had faster times.

Doni Spencer is the 2005 USPSA Open Ladies National Champion

I think Doni is Canadian, so chances are she will be "match winner", and Kay will be "National Champion". Not sure, but I think you either have to be a US citizen or have a green card to be named the US Natioanl Champ.

Bruce

As I understand it, Donnie has dual citizenship. So, she is the 2005 USPSA Open Ladies National Champion.

Hi Honey - I'm Hooooome :)

Holy crap you guys - if anybody EVER invites you to Illinois in July, politely decline!!!!! I've been in hot before, but I have never ever had to worry more about my health than my shooting before!

The Ladies squad was an interesting experience. Julie G is such a motivator! She was totally awesome to shoot with!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to send updates - I had planned to, but ended up with two problems, first, my hotel rooms internet connection didn't work and second the damned heat zapped my strength! By the time we finished dinner and got to our room, it was after 10:00pm.

I met SO many BE'ers for the first time! I can't believe how many lurkers there are - ya'll need to come on in and play some :)

I'll post more about my performance in the skills and techniques thread. Unfortunately, I had the best match of my life, with the exception of one stage that really trashed my overall standings.

Next year - MAGIC is gonna have to look our for me :)

Doni Spencer is listed as a foreign competitor on the USPSA's web site (under the match results page) so maybe she isn't U.S. champ. Either way, I had the pleasure to see her shoot several Canadian Nationals. She's the "real deal."

It's great to see Dave shooting so well... nothing against TGO but it's good to see new champions emerge.

Best parts of Nationals:

1. I'm finally feeling cool for the first time in about a week.

2. Watching Travis re-enlist in US Army at the awards (before most of the other competitors arrived).

3. Great stage designs

4. An awesome squad (17) that all patched and set steel and kept the squad moving.

5. Meeting old friends, making new ones.

6. Sevigny's touching mention of Steve Broom...

Worst parts of Nationals:

1. Lack of vendors (not a criticism of those that were there) just an observation that I feel needs to be addressed. I think we are hammering the same guys over and over again.

2. Prize tables. Not my favourite thing in all the world and they seem to be going down-hill, again not a criticism of those that organise and donate, but see item 1.

3. The Julie Goloski 'Love-Fest that was going on at the awards, the four people giving out the prizes need to take a cold shower before-hand... it was embarrassing to watch <_<

Observations:

A lot of Docter/Optima/J-Point scopes :)

Doni Spencer is listed as a foreign competitor on the USPSA's web site (under the match results page) so maybe she isn't U.S. champ.

You can still be listed as Foreign even with a Green Card. I'm still British but I have permanent resident status.

The definition of Foreign perhaps needs some more definition for IPSC/USPSA purposes. If a person has a green card and has lived in US for 180 days then under IPSC they can shoot for that country, so maybe people who qualify under that category should not be listed under Foreign...

Just a thought

got back about 2 hours ago and have been reading 12 forum pages, that's alot to catch up on.

i had a great time in barry even though the temp went well above 100 degrees each day for the match. i was also lucky enough to be on one of the best squads at the match. got to meet more forum members.

dave, now that i know you, you're not so scarry. just a big ol nice guy. :P

brad balsley, what can i say about this kid? all i can say is you'd better be watching this guy. if he hadn't made the mistakes he did, brad would have been top 5 easy. keep up the good shooting brad.

cameron, 1.24 points......what else can i say. it was a great race for 18 stages. i'll getcha next time. ;)

After the blaster locking up tight after 3 rounds and zeroing a stage I really wasn't in it mentally anymore....that was the icing on the cake of an already horrendous day.

With the number of penalties, D's, and extra shots I had....I'll really be interested to go and check my zero.

hang in there jake. i've seen you shoot and know that you have what it takes, all you need is reliable equipment. i'm not being critical of whoever built your gun and i don't know what may have caused your problems but i know if all the equipment works and you do your job, you'll be in the running.

doni spencer is a damn good shooter. i know her from our local club where she comes down from canada to shoot our monthly matches with a bunch of the other canadian shooters. i'll say this about her, she has no problem kicking your ass if you can't keep up.