Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wall base designs

Tnbb33

Does anyone have a photo or schematic of a uspsa wall base they could share? Right now I think I want 2x2 walls with a metal base, if you run something similar I'd be interested in your design for the bases and any changes you would make to the design if you did them again. 

Open to other designs if there are better ones, but this seems to be pretty standard most places.

15 hours ago, davidb72 said:

We welded 2x4 steel channel to 2" flat stock about 16" long and had them powder coated.

Works good for us and is easy to set up and store.

image.png.d1095ab06914a80112b3a15002765ed3.png

Sooooo much better than wooden supports that you need a screw gun to attach!

IMG_6196.JPG.8ea9405344a8157cf8be36996e4c596b.JPG

We use flat steel plate with three round tubes welded to it at MSSA (Memphis Sport Shooting Association)

The wall's legs simply slide down into them, and it lets us create T intersections and the like quite easily. Most of the time we don't even need to stake them down.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

29 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

We use flat steel plate with three round tubes welded to it at MSSA (Memphis Sport Shooting Association)

The wall's legs simply slide down into them, and it lets us create T intersections and the like quite easily. Most of the time we don't even need to stake them down.

We do the same at CRSSA(Crossroads Shooting Sports Association) We have holes in each end of the flat for spikes on windy days.

• 1 year later...
On 8/3/2017 at 8:27 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

I'm looking at getting some of these wall stands for my range, where can I find these on the internet? Thanks

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/3/2017 at 8:27 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

I know this is an old post. Might you have the specs for these stands?

We use round tube that fits the 2x2's we use for walls. The tube is welded to a flat bar about 16" long. We have single, double and triple tube versions but mostly doubles. We prefer the round tubes so we can orient the walls any any direction and are not limited to 180 or 90 degree alignment

6 hours ago, broadside72 said:

We use round tube that fits the 2x2's we use for walls. The tube is welded to a flat bar about 16" long. We have single, double and triple tube versions but mostly doubles. We prefer the round tubes so we can orient the walls any any direction and are not limited to 180 or 90 degree alignment

How tall are the tubes? Thanks

31 minutes ago, AWLAZS said:

How tall are the tubes? Thanks

12" I think.

you can see them in a video from one of our matches (this isn't me) and the really tall dark brown, rusty, ones are not the bases I was referring to 

Edited by broadside72

10" long tubes are ok for tube-stands if the fit is decent.  For 1" square steel tubing wall uprights, there's a pipe size (1-1/2" SCH 40) that fits well.  Pipe is often cheaper than tube at steel suppliers.

Put in a drain hole at the base if you store them outdoors.