Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters Jerseys

Not sure if this is in the correct category or not if it is not Mods please move it.

What shooting jersey brand do you use?

Which ones have you used and what didn't you like about them?

What are your favorite features about your current jersey?

Thanks,

George

I ordered Animal Customs jerseys for my shooting team. (look at my avatar for a pic, or our homepage www.moaprecision.com for a bigger version). Style choices are great, but I have a few gripes-

1. Hems on half of the jerseys were already unraveling when they arrived. The rest started soon after. Now, a year later, some of the sleeve ends are doing the same.

2. Stains do not come out easily. Red clay from shooting prone, and carbon residue from handling dirty guns especially, do NOT come out of the lighter colored areas on the jersey with any laundry treatment known to man. Care instructions are printed faintly on the inside of the lower hem, and are nearly impossible to find. Basically says do not bleach and that is about it. Other than that, they look good, but for nearly $100 each, I would have liked to see a little better quality on the jersey itself.

Positives-

1. They actually delivered a week earlier than quoted, in spite of being during the " busy time".

2. Artwork was exactly what I submitted, and proof files were emailed for my review promptly. I made a few minor adjustments which they accommodated without drama, and ordering was smooth.

We use G2 Custom Apparel and have been pretty happy with them. They have overall been very durable and easy to clean, however our jerseys from last year seemed to "pill" more than our previous ones when subjected to abrasion. Could be that they were green/black, and the white pilling was just more noticeable.

IMG_7976_zps21229ff1.jpg

Edited by R-Bros_JLR

I ordered Animal Customs jerseys for my shooting team. (look at my avatar for a pic, or our homepage www.moaprecision.com for a bigger version). Style choices are great, but I have a few gripes-

1. Hems on half of the jerseys were already unraveling when they arrived. The rest started soon after. Now, a year later, some of the sleeve ends are doing the same.

2. Stains do not come out easily. Red clay from shooting prone, and carbon residue from handling dirty guns especially, do NOT come out of the lighter colored areas on the jersey with any laundry treatment known to man. Care instructions are printed faintly on the inside of the lower hem, and are nearly impossible to find. Basically says do not bleach and that is about it. Other than that, they look good, but for nearly $100 each, I would have liked to see a little better quality on the jersey itself.

Positives-

1. They actually delivered a week earlier than quoted, in spite of being during the " busy time".

2. Artwork was exactly what I submitted, and proof files were emailed for my review promptly. I made a few minor adjustments which they accommodated without drama, and ordering was smooth.

This might belong in the "Laundry" forum, but have you tried Zout? not "Shout," but "Zout." It's a spray-on stain remover and it's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Animal Customs have been very nice and Mondo's site and jersey builder make the process real easy to visualize. I think Techwears fabric and fit are hard to beat too

Techwear for better quality.

Animal for almost there quality.

Or find a local shop the does the sublimation dye printing for a fraction of the cost of the big ones and use superior materials from Under Armor or Nike. (Lucky to have a local company here) However, the collar styles are limited to crew neck/t-shirt style.

In my opinion the big guys use the cheapest/thinnest moisture wicking material available. They could get much better quality if they just bought white UA or Nike shirts from Dicks and printed on those. I have off the shelf moisture wicking shirts that have lasted 5 years while match jerseys that didnt last the weekend. Guess which one cost $23 and which costs $75.